2000 point tournament list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

2000 point tournament list

HQ
    1-Vulkan He’stan. 190 pts.
    2-Librarian with Null Zone and The Avenger. No other upgrades. 100 pts

Elite
    1-Ironclad Dreadnought with heavy flamer, melta gun, Seismic Hammer, Drop pod with locator beacon. 190 pts
    2-Sternguard Veteran Squad- 5 veterans and a Vet Sgt. One combi-melta and two combi-plasma, drop pod with locator beacon. 210 pts.

Troops
    1-Scout Squad. Four scouts and Vet Sgt. All have camo cloaks, 4 sniper rifles, 1 heavy bolter with hellfire rounds. 100 pts.
    2-Tactical Squad. 9 Marines and Vet Sgt. Flamer, Missile Launcher, Power weapon, Rhino (no upgrades). 220 pts.
    3-Tactical Squad. 9 Marines and Vet Sgt. Meltagun, multi-melta, Power fist, Drop pod. 235 pts.
    4-Tactical Squad. 9 Marines and Vet Sgt. Flamer, heavy bolter, Power fist. 195 pts.

Heavy Support
    1-Thunderfire cannon. 100 pts.
    2-Vindicator Tank, Seige shield, extra armor. 140 pts.
    3-Land Raider Tank, Sgt Chronus. 320 pts.

Tactics.
    Deploy Librarian with Sternguard in a supported position. Deploy Vulkan with the 3rd tactical squad in the landraider. Landraider delivers them into battle while taking out enemy tanks. Techmarine with Thunderfire cannon bolsters one ruin (if any are on the table) and scouts with cloaks deploy there and harass. Hopefully this structure will also have an objective in it. Ironclad and sternguard are expendable, they are to harass enemy concentrations of troops (as long as there are no melta guns there!) The Ironclad can also be tasked to kill tanks. My last tactical squad in a drop pod can come down on an objective (or two using combat squads!)

Once a Marine, always a Marine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x4)

Nice list.

If you are going to take the Librarian why not take Gate of Infinity for moving around the Sternguard and shooting up other targets? Also, since you're using Vulkan I'd give the Sternguard all combi-meltas. You have a low squad count anyway and even one failed save due to 'Get's hot' from a combi-plasma is going to hurt.

I would also consider dropping Chronus and the Siege shield. You could then get three more Sternguard and another combi-weapon for this squad which would increase their damage output.

If you're not too attached to the Librarian I would even consider using his points to upgrade the Rhino to a Razorback and get extra armor for the Land raider. The remaining points could be used for a MM/HF Land speeder or MM Attack bike for harrassing units.
    "Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!"
    -This space for rent-
    Salamander project log

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 4theEmperor! View Post
    HQ
    1-Vulkan He’stan. 190 pts.
    I think you're breaking forum rules with this!

I think the list looks good anyways.
    Space Marines: 4,000pts - 7/7/2
    Imperial Guard: Under Construction...

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

I think you're breaking forum rules with this!
    Gw posted point limits of all unique characters in an online article. It also does not break any forum or GW requested rules as an IC is a complete unit.

I don't like the librarian, he's not worth the points. His power doesn't count as a flamer weapon and he's not very powerful in close combat.

1-Scout Squad. Four scouts and Vet Sgt. All have camo cloaks, 4 sniper rifles, 1 heavy bolter with hellfire rounds. 100 pts.
    I'd drop the camo cloaks and add 5 points. Thats a net gain of 50 points for twice the snipers and wounds.

2-Tactical Squad. 9 Marines and Vet Sgt. Flamer, Missile Launcher, Power weapon, Rhino (no upgrades). 220 pts.
    Just say no to Missile lauchers. They don't work well in 5th. Say hello to plasma cannons and heavy bolters.

3-Tactical Squad. 9 Marines and Vet Sgt. Meltagun, multi-melta, Power fist, Drop pod. 235 pts.
    Ok - but you bought these guys a drop pod, you might as well use it, as tactical squad 4 has no transport.

4-Tactical Squad. 9 Marines and Vet Sgt. Flamer, heavy bolter, Power fist. 195 pts.
    Put these guys in the raider, although if you drop the librarain, I'd put vulkan with them.

1-Thunderfire cannon. 100 pts.
    Grose, you can do better. You pillbox predator is 85 points. Multi melta attack bikes are 50. Consider getting some of each.

2-Vindicator Tank, Seige shield, extra armor. 140 pts.
    Put the Sgt in here instead, BS5 is more useful on a demo cannon than on a twinlinked lascannon. Then drop over priced extra armor.

3-Land Raider Tank, Sgt Chronus. 320 pts.
    I'd take the crusaider with multi melta, since your advancing this.
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar View Post
    Gw posted point limits of all unique characters in an online article. It also does not break any forum or GW requested rules as an IC is a complete unit.

I don't like the librarian, he's not worth the points. His power doesn't count as a flamer weapon and he's not very powerful in close combat.
    I hear what you are saying here. IMHO Librarians are not good CC units because of no invuln save so I always try to keep them out of it if possible. I put him with the Sternguard which should be shooting as much as possible, but, with 2 attacks each can do ok in assault. I play against a lot of psykers in my area and I like the libby for the psychic hood, but I am willing to take him out of the list if I need to.

I'd drop the camo cloaks and add 5 points. Thats a net gain of 50 points for twice the snipers and wounds.
    Good idea. They will last longer that way.

Just say no to Missile lauchers. They don't work well in 5th. Say hello to plasma cannons and heavy bolters.
    Yeah, my PC model is still being painted. I will swap him out when he is done. Good point.

Ok - but you bought these guys a drop pod, you might as well use it, as tactical squad 4 has no transport.

Put these guys in the raider, although if you drop the librarain, I'd put vulkan with them.
    You divined my intention. Vulkan goes in the LR with the last Tac squad.

I understand your comments about the T/fire cannon. I am keeping it because in 9 out of 10 games it live through the whole game and it ROCKS the enemy turn after turn after turn.

Put the Sgt in here instead, BS5 is more useful on a demo cannon than on a twinlinked lascannon. Then drop over priced extra armor.
    I disagree. I might take Chronus out of the list completely, but if he stays he will stay here, mainly because the LR is my main anti-tank weapon and my lascannons only roll 2's to hit. I also want my LR to ignore stunned and shaken results. If I take out the librarian I can beef up the scouts and add some multi-melta attack bikes for more anti-tank weapons...

I'd take the crusaider with multi melta, since your advancing this.
    You are right. I will do this.
    Once a Marine, always a Marine.

+ Reply to Thread