1500 Pts Tourny - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 Pts Tourny

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Pts Tourny

Here is my list, constructive criticism is greatly encouraged as this is my first tourny.

-Chapter master 170
    Relic blade, Bolter, Hellfire rounds, Melta bombs, Frag grenades, Power armor, Iron halo
    And they shall know no fear, Combat tactics, Independent Character, Orbital Bombardment

-Tactical squad (10) 190
    Bolters (7), Bolt Pistols (10), Close combat weapon, Plasma gun, Plasma cannon, Frag and krak grenades, Melta bombs, Power armor
    And they shall know no fear, Combat tactics, Combat squads

-Tactical squad (10) 190
    Bolters (8), Bolt Pistols (10), Storm bolter, Melta gun, Frag and krak grenades, Melta bombs, Power armor

-Rhino 50
    Extra armor, Storm bolter, Smoke launchers, Searchlight
    Repair

-Scout squad (5) 110
    Combat blades (5), Bolt Pistols (5), Frag and krak grenades, Scout armor, Melta bombs, Camo cloaks, Teleport homer
    And they shall know no fear, Combat tactics, Infiltrate, Scouts, Move through cover

-Terminator assault squad (5) 200
    Thunder hammers (5), Storm shields (5), Terminator armor
    And they shall know no fear, Combat tactics

-Assault squad (10) 245
    Chainswords (9), Bolt pistols (7), Flamers (2), Thunder hammer, Storm shield, Frag and krak grenades, Power armor, Jump packs

-Predator 165
    Twinlinked lascannons, Sponson lascannons, Smoke launchers, Searchlight

-Predator 95
    Autocannon, Sponson heavy bolters, Storm bolter, Smoke launchers, Searchlight

-Whirlwind 85
    Whirlwind multiple missile launcher, Smoke launchers, Searchlight

General stratagy depends on the opponent, against most armies though I will be playing a double firebase. While one is left to die the other is held at all costs. When the lose side has been overrun, the attack on the win side will have been destroyed or being finished off by my counter attacking unit. The force that has overran my lose side will then be fodder for the guns on my win side.

Attack is a secondary option, where I will hold the fort with the tanks and a plasma squad combat squad, while every one else advances. If i win the almighty role for everything (deployment and turn sequence), then the scouts will infiltrate and hopefully stay out of sight, or failing that run up and waste a tank. Termies will teleport in and be a killing blow/distraction depending on when they come, but my hope is to blast the life out of the opposition before advancing even if it means delaying the attack. Alternatively, the scouts could outflank, but that would put the terminators in a position where a wrong role could kill all of them.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Edit-[stupid glitch, the similes should be numbers. Any one know how to fix that?]

Last edited by Warhearld; June 8th, 2009 at 01:46.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Warhearld View Post
    Edit-[stupid glitch, the similes should be numbers. Any one know how to fix that?]
    Turn off the smilies - edit the post, switch the advanced and the option should be underneath the post. I'll look through your list in a second
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

First up, you don't need to tell us things they have as standard (especially ATSKNF + Combat Tactics as every Space Marine has them!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warhearld View Post
    -Chapter master 170
    Relic blade, Bolter, Hellfire rounds, Melta bombs
    I like Artificer armour quite a lot, aside from that he's good.
    -Tactical squad (10) 190
    Bolters (7), Close combat weapon, Plasma gun, Plasma cannon, Melta bombs
    Power weapon on every squad - I'd drop the bombs and make it a power fist.

-Tactical squad (10) 190
    Bolters (8), Storm bolter, Melta gun, Melta bombs
    Don't bother with a stormbolter, take a combi-melta instead. Once again, drop the bombs in favour of a powerfist. Also, no heavy weapon? Take a missile launcher, 1 less bolter won't make much difference but one more krak missile might.
    -Rhino 50
    Extra armor
    I always recommend Razorbacks instead of Rhinos. Just leave half your dudes behind and add a bit more firepower for a mere 5 points!
    -Scout squad (5) 110
    Combat blades (5), Bolt Pistols (5)Melta bombs, Camo cloaks, Teleport homer
    In my opinion scouts in small numbers will die in close combat, and if you're doing it you'd be better off with shotguns so you might kill some on the way in! But personally I think scouts are only useful with Sniper Rifles and a Heavy Bolter.
    -Terminator assault squad (5) 200
    Thunder hammers (5), Storm shields (5)
    They're going to get the hell shot out of them when they land, and they can't even assault on that turn which is asking for a plasma cannoning. I don't suppose you've a land raider?
    -Assault squad (10) 245
    Chainswords (9), Bolt pistols (7), Flamers (2), Thunder hammer, Storm shield
    Good.
    -Predator 165
    Twinlinked lascannons, Sponson lascannons

-Predator 95
    Autocannon, Sponson heavy bolters, Storm bolter
    If you've a land raider model, swap these for that. Otherwise, carry on!
    -Whirlwind 85
    Whirlwind multiple missile launcher
    These are seriously under-rated in my opinion!
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x4)

HQ looks good. I'd recommend a combi-melta instead on hellfire rounds.

I agree with Realitycheque, drop the melta bombs and upgrade to powerfists on your sergeants if you can. Also, since you've got your Tactical squads at 10 marines I'd definitely take the free heavy weapon. Get a ML or even a plasmacannon since the points to upgrade to one isn't too much. I'd change the storm bolter to a combi-flamer or combi-melta depending on what the squad will be doing.

Scouts are definitely better in my opinion with sniper rifles and a heavy bolter.

If you decide to keep the Rhinos drop the extra armor. At their cost it's nearly half the cost of the Rhino.

Also, with Assault terminators, a LR is a good option. As they stand now they'll likely get shot up when they arrive since they'll have to stand there for a full turn.

Good luck!
    "Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!"
    -This space for rent-
    Salamander project log

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Chapter master 155
    Relic blade, Bolter, Frag grenades, Power armor, Iron halo
    And they shall know no fear, Combat tactics, Independent Character, Orbital Bombardment

-Tactical squad (10) 190
    Bolters (7), Bolt Pistols (10), Close combat weapon, Plasma gun, Plasma cannon, Frag and krak grenades, Melta bombs, Power armor

-Tactical squad (10) 190
    Bolters (7), Bolt Pistols (10), Power weapon, Flamer, Missile launcher, Frag and krak grenades, Melta bombs, Power armor

-Sternguard Veterans (10) 325
    Combi-plasmas (10), Bolt Pistols (10), Power fist, Frag and krak grenades, Power armor, Special issue ammunition

-Tech marine 75
    Bolter, Servo harness, Artificer armor, Frag and krak grenades
    And they shall know no fear, Combat tactics, Independent Character, Blessing of the omnissiah, Bolster defenses

-Assault squad (10) 220
    Chainswords (9), Bolt pistols (8), Flamers (2), Power weapon, Frag and krak grenades, Power armor, Jump packs

-Predator 165
    Twin linked lascannons, Sponson lascannons, Smoke launchers, Searchlight

-Predator 95
    Autocannon, Sponson heavy bolters, Storm bolter, Smoke launchers, Searchlight

-Whirlwind 85
    Whirlwind multiple missile launcher, Smoke launchers, Searchlight

Alright I have dropped the idea of a Swiss army knife force, opting instead for a dedicated line holding strategy. I have had great success with this type of list. I have gone with a power weapon in one tactical squad (10 pts cheaper than the fist, extra attack, and I own the model). I plan to setup shop in the biggest ruin in my deployment zone, fortify the place and pelt the oncoming enemy with my firepower. The assault squad (split sergeant in on squad, flamers in the other) and two combat squads of tactical marines will act as counter attack, while the sterguards will have a very nasty surprise for anything that gets too close.

At the risk of sounding defensive, I love melta bombs. They saved me on so many occasions.

My concern with this is list is lack of scoring unites, and Kantor isn't an option (rules say no special characters)

Thanks for the feedback, and yes, the giant missile platform is one of my favorites, mainly because it is so underrated.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

403 (x8)

For 1500 points, 2 tactical squads should be plenty of troops.
    My Deathwatch Campaign

+ Reply to Thread