1500 pts salamanders - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pts salamanders

I am gonna test this list against chaos and eldar.

HQ

Vulkan 190pts

TROOPS

10 x tactical marines ( sgt with powerfist,boltpistol/Meltagun/Multimelta ) + droppod 235pts
    10 x tactical marines ( sgt with powerfist,boltpistol/Meltagun/Multimelta ) + droppod 235pts
    10 x tactical marines ( sgt with boltgun/Flamer/Heavy bolter ) + rhino 215pts

ELITES

Ironclad ( Heavy flamer/Meltagun/chainfist ) + droppod 180pts
    5 x Assault terminators ( thunder hammer,stormshield ) 200pts
    => dedicated transport landraider redeemer ( multimelta ) 250pts

Total 1500 pts

I put the 3th tactical squad in a rhino so i have mobile objective troops and they can also be used as drive-by shooting unit. The other idea behind it is to have not as much troops in reserve because when i face imperial guard they will have some commands so i will lose D-eyes on my reserve rolls. And my chaos friend has started his Iguard army. I will expand my troops with sternguards in the future and a extra droppod.

Shas'O dent'O r'myr cadre ( 1850pts ) ( O'shovah breakaway rules )
    Space wolves " dentonir " the red wolves company ( Canis wolf cavalry list, 1000pts )

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

You'll probably still want the HB hanging back and shooting, so I'd swap the Rhino for a Razorback. I'd also try and find the points from somewhere to buy that last guy a powerfist, but saying that I can't see where you'd find those 30 points except on the LR-MM or the Ironclad.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x4)

Your list looks pretty solid to me.

It's just a thought but you could drop a Tactical squad, give one of the remaining two the Razorback, and get a second Ironclad with Drop pod. You could then use the remaining points for some combi-weapons and a locator beacon.
    "Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!"
    -This space for rent-
    Salamander project log

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking to switch the tactical squad with the rhino with sternguards with combi flamers. So i would have another heavy unit. What do u think? Sternguards with combi flamers in a rhino or drop-pod.
    Space wolves " dentonir " the red wolves company ( Canis wolf cavalry list, 1000pts )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x4)

If you want a small, potent flamer Sternguard unit I'd go for the 5 x Sternguard, Drop pod, 3 x combi-flamers and 2 x heavy flamers.

It's very specialized and if you had more points I'd add a powerfist, but with Vulkan in the list it'll chew through horde for the same point cost of the Tactical squad. Use the remaining points for combi-meltas/flamers for your Tactical sergeants and you've got an instant barbecue.

Otherwise, you can get 6 x Sternguard, Drop pod, and all with combi-weapons for the same cost.

I'd try your list with all of these and see what you like best. Good luck!
    -This space for rent-
    Salamander project log

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I am gonna use this one:

5 x sternguard ( sgt with powerfist and boltgun, 2 x combiflamer , 2 x heavy flamer ) mounted in a rhino for the same cost of 215pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

256 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by dento View Post
    Well I am gonna use this one:

5 x sternguard ( sgt with powerfist and boltgun, 2 x combiflamer , 2 x heavy flamer ) mounted in a rhino for the same cost of 215pts.
    I think I'm going to have to try that one out myself one of these days.
    -This space for rent-
    Salamander project log

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

I'd drop podded 2xHF, 3xCF behind an eldar force, and by the start of his first turn he was all "where did my dire avengers go?"

He was also "WTF happened to my fire prism?", but that's thanks to their melta friends
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When i expand to 1750 I will take a extra ironclad with droppod and a attack bike with multimelta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I played against chaos today and the list worked excellent for me. I played with 2 tactical squads and swithched the 3th for one sternguard unit. Twin linked flamers and melta's are awesome. Sternguards killed 2 units and karn the betrayer!!! At the end I had one objective and chaos also ( we played with 3 objectives ) in killpoints the score would be 7-4 for the salamanders. I just missed some extra troops @ the end.
    Last edited by dento; June 14th, 2009 at 23:20.

+ Reply to Thread