2K Red Storms - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2K Red Storms

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

2K Red Storms

READ FIRST PLEASE: I wanted to try creating a mechanized list by only using the razorback. So here is what I plan for every unit. The Chapter Master will join Squad #3 in the razorback. That will be the half that is with the sergeant and the plasma gun. The Chaplain will join Vanguard Squad. I will have the heavy weapons giving the razorbacks and the men inside them support until they reach a point where they will bail out and take out anything that gets in their way. The razorbacks then will give support to the men on the front lines. The Predators of course are meant for tank hunting and the assault squads are meant to get behind the lines and mess with the enemy.

HQ

Chapter Master
    -Thunder Hammer
    -Artificer Armour
    PTS: 170

Chaplain
    -Plasma Pistol
    -Jump Pack
    PTS:130

Troops

Tactical Squad #1
    -5 Additional Marines
    -Flamer
    -Lascannon
    -Razorback
    -Extra Armour
    PTS:235

Tactical Squad #2
    -5 Additional Marines
    -Flamer
    -Lascannon
    -Razorback
    -Extra Armour

Tactical Squad #3
    -5 Additional Marines
    -Powerfist
    -Plasma Pistol
    -Plasma Gun
    -Missile Launcher
    -Razorback
    -Extra Armour
    PTS:275

Tactical Squad #4
    -5 Additional Marines
    -Flamer
    -Missile Launcher
    -Razorback
    -Extra Armour
    PTS:225

Fast Attack

Vanguard Squad
    -Jump Packs
    -Relic Blade
    -Power Weapon
    -2 Plasma Pistols

Heavy Support

Predator #1
    -Twin-Linked Lascannon
    -Lascannon Sponsons
    PTS:165

Predator #2
    -Twin-Linked Lascannon
    -Lascannon Sponsons

Predator #3
    -Twin-Linked Lascannon
    -Lascannon Sponsons

Total PTS:2000

Last edited by Marrius; June 9th, 2009 at 05:41.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x2)

Very unique list! It looks fun! Here are my nits, and they are pretty minor...

Squad 3 plasma pistol. I no like. Gets hot and fail armor save, suddenly your power fist is gone! Keep that fist alive.

You have 3 Tri-Las preds...I recommend dropping one for a vindicator. Same front armor, but pie plates are much more scary!! Plus it is a lot cheaper.

Plasma pistols on Vanguard are another one I don't like. First of all that model is now 50 points and he might kill himself before the enemy has the chance. No way!!! Merely taking those guys will make some SM general scoff at you. They are super expensive and will die just as fast as the other marines. Don't stack the odds against yourself by making them suicidal, which is what that plasma pistol is. You don't need it there anyway. They don't want to shoot the enemy. THEY WANT TO CHOP THEM TO BITS!! Not only is that a waste of points, it is counter-productive.

By dropping three plasma pistols, you can put extra armor on your heavy support tanks.

Best of luck with your list and thanks for taking the time to read my comments...!
    Once a Marine, always a Marine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by 4theEmperor! View Post
    Very unique list! It looks fun! Here are my nits, and they are pretty minor...

Squad 3 plasma pistol. I no like. Gets hot and fail armor save, suddenly your power fist is gone! Keep that fist alive.

You have 3 Tri-Las preds...I recommend dropping one for a vindicator. Same front armor, but pie plates are much more scary!! Plus it is a lot cheaper.

Plasma pistols on Vanguard are another one I don't like. First of all that model is now 50 points and he might kill himself before the enemy has the chance. No way!!! Merely taking those guys will make some SM general scoff at you. They are super expensive and will die just as fast as the other marines. Don't stack the odds against yourself by making them suicidal, which is what that plasma pistol is. You don't need it there anyway. They don't want to shoot the enemy. THEY WANT TO CHOP THEM TO BITS!! Not only is that a waste of points, it is counter-productive.

By dropping three plasma pistols, you can put extra armor on your heavy support tanks.

Best of luck with your list and thanks for taking the time to read my comments...!
    Well, I can understand your concerns with the Squad #3 plasma pistol. The only reason I have it is because hes a fluff piece I made from my first 40K army years back. He is suppose to represent my younger brother.

I agree I should drop one of the predators for the vindicator.

Seeing that I can put some extra armour on my predators makes dropping the plasma pistols more appealling. Thanks 4theEmperor.

+ Reply to Thread