Reserves Regiment - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reserves Regiment

Total 2000ptsCompany Command SquadMedi-packRegimental StandardVox-casterCarapace ArmourPlasma Gun135Lord CommissarCarapace ArmourPower WeaponPlasma Pistol100Storm Trooper5 TroopersMelta GunMelta Gun185Storm Trooper5 TroopersPlasma GunPlasma Gun195Psyker Battle Squad5 Sanctioned Psykers110Veteran SquadVox CasterForward SentriesSnipers (3)Mortar125ChimeraHeavy BolterHeavy Flamer55

Platoon Command Squad Vox Caster35Infantry SquadVox Caster55
    Infantry Squad
    50Infantry SquadVox Caster55Infantry Squad50Heavy Weapons SquadLascannons (3)105Heavy Weapons SquadHeavy Bolters(3)75Bane WolfHeavy FlamerDozer Blades140ValkyrieLascannonHeavy Bolters125Manticore160Leman Russ ExecutionerPlasma Cannon SponsonsLascannon245

Does this list look any good? Does it need altering in any way? all suggestions will be considered as long as they are sensible

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Miffmoff View Post
    Total 2000pts

Company Command Squad
    Medi-packRegimental StandardVox-casterCarapace ArmourPlasma Gun135

Lord Commissar
    Carapace ArmourPower WeaponPlasma Pistol100

Storm Trooper
    5 TroopersMelta GunMelta Gun185

Storm Trooper
    5 TroopersPlasma GunPlasma Gun195

Psyker Battle
    Squad
    5 Sanctioned Psykers110

Veteran Squad
    Vox CasterForward SentriesSnipers (3)Mortar125
    Chimera
    Heavy BolterHeavy Flamer55

Platoon Command Squad Vox Caster
    Infantry SquadVox Caster
    Infantry Squad
    Infantry Squad
    Vox Caster
    Infantry Squad
    Heavy Weapons Squad
    Lascannons (3)105

Heavy Weapons Squad
    Heavy Bolters(3)75

Bane WolfHeavy FlamerDozer Blades140

Valkyrie LascannonHeavy Bolters125

Manticore

Leman Russ Executioner
    Plasma Cannon SponsonsLascannon245

Does this list look any good? Does it need altering in any way? all suggestions will be considered as long as they are sensible

Right, sorry I couldn't really read what you wrote so i changed it a bit lol.

HQ, These boys are fine. If you want them to sit back and give orders drop the medipack and carapace armour and get them either a Chimera or Camo cloaks. This will increase their surviveability no end. more so than carapace and the medic.
    However if you wnt them running forward into the thick of things they're going to need a chimera. I'd chuck on a powerfist too.
    Commissar Lord is expensive. And not really THAT killy, I'd give him apower fist aswell. At Init3 he will be strking last anyway so you might aswell have the extra strength.

Elite: Storm troopers are expensive for what they do. But i wont say a deep striking melta unit wont do what it's supposed to though lol however IF these boys are just dropping down to kill tanks i've loose the extra 5 blokes. those 5 blokes will be wasted while the meltas shoot at tanks. Personally I'd loose the plasma squad and use the points to give your infantry squads some heavy/special weapons. You can always have a Veteran squad in the Valk equiped with 3 Plasma. It'd be about 100pts cheaper too
    Psyker battle squad, these boys NEED a chimera. They'll be shot to death as soon as they're seen. trust me people know what they do and they'll be No1 on the "to kill" list.

Troops. Are those 40 guys with NO weapons? trust me, you'll need some special weapons in there to make an impact. even if it's flamers or grenade launchers. It's not alot of points anyway. Are you planning on running them forward? If not grab some cheap heavy weapons too. Autocannons/missile launchers are great.

Fast attack: The valk needs some tweaking. One alscannon at BS3 isn't going to acheive anything. If you want an antitank flyer go for the Vendetta. For it's points i'ts much better. If you're gonna go with a valk keep the multilaser and go for rocket pods.

Heavy Support. Nasty. Hidiously expensive but nasty.
    Last edited by Lord Borak; June 12th, 2009 at 09:15.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for cleaning up my list

i looked at the rocket pods for the valk, they seem too many points for the strength and ap or am i reading it wrong as it has two, does that mean two large blasts

the chimera is for the Command squad

the idea of the melta stormies was to infiltrate and be able to kill what they come across, be it tanks or men

plasma stormies were designed to go into the valk and pop down infront of infantry units and completly mulch it with low ap weapons

the infantry squads don't have any spec weapons because of the new order system and i just wanted them to be as cheap as possible and of course the "first Rank FIRE! second rank FIRE!" order is just too much fun, especially when you have the 40 guys in one squad, hacking down units with at least 72 shots going into a unit marine death is possible

I was just trying to explain why some of the things in the list are the way they are, i'm not saying im not thinking about what you've said, you've given me a lot to think about, it's very useful, im thinking about dropping a storm unit for vets with plasma and carapace armour so that i have space for another chimera for my psykers so they can ride around shotting tanks with strength ten soulstorm or make it easier to pin units with the help of my sniper vets

thanks for your advice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I don't have my codex on my at the moment so I can only comment on the parts I know from memory.

Fun though 40 lasguns firing at+1shot each (potentially 120 shots) sounds, if you've got one huge squad with your platoon command next to them, and you only have 1 vet squad as another troops choice then your badly lacking in scoring units to capture objectives. It would be easy for an opponent to wipe your vets out and your infantry squads all bunched up could take alot of damage from just a couple of direct hits with ordanance, or indeed if it scatters a few inches. Also if you stick your units in cover they're better protected than they would be out of it and with carapace armour.
    Also as Lord Borak said Stormtroopers are expensive. You would almost certainly be better off dropping the plasma ones and getting some Vet's with Plasma to hop around in the Valk cause even the hot-shot lasguns are S3 which isn't brilliant against marines (though AP3 will irritate them) as you can get an extra plasma gun and they can use the Valk for taking objectives too.

I seem to remember the Psyker battle squad being nasty if left undisturbed so I agree with Lord Borak that they need a transport.

You might want to get abit more AT in there, if you dropped the sponsoons on the LR then you should just have to do abit more twaking to get another set of lascannon teams.

Lord Commissar's are expensive and almost certainly won't redeem his points so I'd leave him on the shelf.

Finally the Storm trooper squad you wanted to infiltrate would probs end up dieing quickly as they are only T3, you'd be better off with more ranged weapons or a vet squad with a chimera (you ought to be able to get a good vet squad + chimera for the stormtroopers current cost)

Still it's by no means dreadful and it's what works best for you that's important. I like fielding lot's of vets so I don't know how good the First rank FIRE! second rank FIRE! rule is in practice.
    and on the 8th day god made a talking poodle and forgot all about us
    The rep button is good

+ Reply to Thread