1500 competitive - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 competitive

HI everybody, Im new when it comes to playing warhammer 40k and have yet to play a game but ive been collecting my army for around a year now and think its about time i finished it and played some games. Also in the future i feel ill be entering some tournements so im looking for a balanced list for all comers. heres what i have at the moment its 3/4 painted. C&C welcome.

Space Marine Librarian - Terminator Armour 125

5 Terminators - Assault Cannon 230

5 Sterngaurd Veterans - Combi Plasma/ Melta (Can't Decide) 125

Razor Back - Twin Linked Lascannons 75

Dreadnought - Assault Cannon 115

10 Space Marines - Missile Launcher, Flamer 170

10 Space Marines - Missile Launcher, Flamer, Power Fist 195

Rhino 35

10 Space Marines - Lascannon, Plasma Gun 190

Rhino 35

Vindicator - Dozerblade 120

Predator - Auto Cannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons 85

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i would reccomend taking the lascannons off your razorback, it will attract fire and doe quickly lol, stick it on the pred if u want one, but u have enough anti tank there anyway me thinks.

and i would turn those termies into assault termies and zoom them around the board with your librarian, then bash stuff up accordingly!
    faber est quisque fortunae suae. aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the comments i have got some assault termies but havent assembled or painted them yet but that seems like an option ill try in the future. also if i was to drop the las on the razor back and include assault termies that frees up 60 points any suggestions what to use them for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would give the sternguard combi meltas, and doesn't the sternguard squad with 5 combi weapons cost 150pts rather than 125pts. Upgrading the dreadnoughts storm bolter to a heavy flamer would make it more useful and swap the assault cannon for a multi melta if you've got one. I think the tactical squad with the lascannon and plasma gun should have one of the free heavy weapons and either a meltagun or flamer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry must have not made it clear that it was 4 stermgaurds with bolters and 1 with either a combi melta or plasma, which i cant decide on. I plan to use the Lascannon and plasma gun squad to sit back near my home objective in cover along with the predator popping the opponents armour or mc'c. while my armour consisting of the rhino's, razorback, and vindicator travel up the flank to capture other objectives. ive never played so have no clue whether this is a sound tactic or not but theres only one way to find out. the terminators along with librarian zoom around causing as much damage as poss as with the dreadnought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

well it would probs be best if you played some games to get a feel for your army, other players armies and the rules, then you can make a more informed decision on what it's missing or got too much of.
    and on the 8th day god made a talking poodle and forgot all about us
    The rep button is good

+ Reply to Thread