2000pts Bit 'O' Everything Salamanders Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pts Bit 'O' Everything Salamanders Army

So I have played a number of marine armies then went to tau and chaos. With chaos you just don't get enough flavor in your units. I like a nice selection of units to play with in a game. So with that in mind I wrote up a salamander list that has a lot of different units to be a very well rounded list, but hopefully be still competitive in my gaming area.

HQ

Vulcan

Elites

150pts Dreadnought w/ Multi-Melta, DCCW-Heavy Flamer in Drop Pod

200pts x5 Assault Terminators w/ Thunderhammer, Storm Shield

Troops

245pts x10 SM w/ Multi-Melta, Meltagun, Sgt w/ Power Fist/Combi-Melta in Rhino

245pts x10 SM w/ Multi-Melta, Meltagun, Sgt w/ Power Fist/Combi-Melta in Drop Pod

220pts x10 SM w/ Multi-Melta, Flamer, Sgt w/ Combi-Flamer in Razorback w/ Multi-Melta

138pts x8 Scouts w/ Sniper Rifles, Camo Cloaks

Fast Attack

222pts x9 Assault Marines w/ x2 Flamers, Sgt w/ Thunderhammer

70pts Landspeeder Tornado w/ Multi-Melta, Heavy Flamer

Heavy Support

120pts Predator w/ Autocannon, x2 Lascannon Sponsons

115pts Vindicator

85pts Whirlwind
    2000pts Total

Simple tactics really, Dread drops down 1st turn and starts wreaking havoc. Vulcan joing the combat squad with flamers in the razorback while the other combat squad with the MM supports the vindicator or takes up cover with a decent firing lane. Drop pod tactical squad and Termies come down where there are needed. List looks very "take on all comers" with a good amount of AT and loads of templates to handle swarms. Plus a very nice mixture of units to paint, build and for tactics.
    The snipers are the only unit that I am ify about. They seem like they would be annoying enough but the hit and wound on 4's kinda stinks a bit (cept the sgt) I miss the hitting on 2+ with sniper rifles. They are there mainly not to have more tactical marines, but a unique squad with a unique role in the battle. Plus they aren't to expensive to field. Time will tell.
    Looking for ideas or comments, but I really like the large mixture of units and tanks in this list, I have no desire to field 3 Predators or 3 Vindicators.
    Thanks a bunch!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

HQ

Vulcan
    Solid

150pts Dreadnought w/ Multi-Melta, DCCW-Heavy Flamer in Drop Pod
    Solid

200pts x5 Assault Terminators w/ Thunderhammer, Storm Shield
    k, i'd take at least one with claws.

245pts x10 SM w/ Multi-Melta, Meltagun, Sgt w/ Power Fist/Combi-Melta in Rhino
    Cool

245pts x10 SM w/ Multi-Melta, Meltagun, Sgt w/ Power Fist/Combi-Melta in Drop Pod
    I would either go with 1 or 3 drop pods. Not 2. Find a way to get another drop pod, or remove a drop pod. You might try adding a drop pod to the scouts and just deploying the scouts without the pod. A single locator beacon would be nice for the terminators.

220pts x10 SM w/ Multi-Melta, Flamer, Sgt w/ Combi-Flamer in Razorback w/ Multi-Melta
    The razorback has a multi-melta? I don't remember that being an option... I'd go with the heavy bolter. Is this forge world? If you haven't bought it already, I woulnd't. Heavy bolter is pretty much the best option.

Not every weapon needs to be a multi melta. You'll have plenty by the time the game ends take a heavy bolter of a plasma cannon for more versitile targets.

138pts x8 Scouts w/ Sniper Rifles, Camo Cloaks
    I'd lose the camo cloaks. Scout's don't need them. I'd also try to add in a heavy bolter.

222pts x9 Assault Marines w/ x2 Flamers, Sgt w/ Thunderhammer
    Neat, spendy flamers - but they will probably be work it in a vulcan list.

70pts Landspeeder Tornado w/ Multi-Melta, Heavy Flamer
    A single attack bike would be better. If you remove the lascannons on the pred, you could afford to take 2 attack bikes. Which would pretty much solve any anti tank problem you'll face - with vulcan providing rerolls to hit.

120pts Predator w/ Autocannon, x2 Lascannon Sponsons
    I'd rather have the cheap dakka predator. Lose the lascannons for the heavy bolters.

85pts Whirlwind
    A second Dakka/pillbox predator would be a better choice.

115pts Vindicator
    neat.

I feel as though I've wasted my time. Oh well.
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

+ Reply to Thread