1500 list brutal start - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 list brutal start

Vendetta Gunship
    --Pair of sponsons w/ Heavy bolters
    -Inside: Platoon Command Squad
    ---Flamer
    S-Total: 185
    Vendetta Gunship
    -Inside: Veteran Squad
    ---Shotgun
    ---Demolitions doctrine
    S-Total: 240
    Vendetta Gunship
    -Inside: Veteran Squad
    ---Shotgun
    ---Demolitions doctrine
    S-Total: 240

Leman Russ Battle Tank
    --Heavy Flamer
    Basilisk
    --Heavy Flamer
    Manticore Rocket Launcher
    --Heavy Flamer

Company Command Squad
    -Colour Sergeant Kell
    --Master of Ordnance
    Heavy Weapons Squad
    --Lascannon *3
    Infantry Squad * 2 (combined)
    --Lascannon *2

1500 (exactly)

Strategy:
    If you go first: The 2 Vendetta's w/ the Veteran Squads use their scout movement to place them within 12" of a valuable enemy vehicle. On your first turn you disembark them 2", move 6", then assault 6". 10 attacks with melta bombs (which auto hit thanks to the vehicle not moving last turn) WILL KILL ANY VEHICLE (well, the odds are ridiculously high. Using melta bombs is S8 + 2d6, which gets through armor 14 over half the time, and remember, on assault you attack back armor) (and remember, you still get to move and attack with your Vendetta, so take out another vehicle with its 3 twin linked lascannons)

If you go 2nd: stay back and use your artillery to draw the enemy in, if your enemy ever gets within 12" of a veteran squad vendetta, make sure it dies, otherwise let them come to you.

remember: if they have some vechicles close together, assult them both! (see rules about assulting multiple units)

Stats:
    -14 twin linked lascannons (the heavy weapon squad and combined infantry squad can get their lascannons twin linked iwth the company commander <as long as they fire at a tank or monsterous creature>)
    -at least 4 large blast markers a turn (the manticore rocket launcher gets d3 large templates, and each veteran squad has a 1 use large template)
    -scoring units: 5 (3 units in vendetta, 1 heavy weapon, 1 combined infantry)
    -kill points: 12 (remember, the combined infantry squad counts as 1 kill point)
    Models:
    6 vehicles
    ~53 infantry

Strengthes: vs Vehicles
    Even odds: vs infantry (although if with 2 large temlates a turn that are ap3, if you deploy far apart, you will probobly win)
    Weaknesses: hard to call...probobly an army that can outdamage you at range, such as 3 squadrons of basilisks, (although, if you go first, you just scout your way in their and take out 2 of the 3 squadrons)

Comments, complements, suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Acting XO of Tanith 1st MadLarkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Your points for your first units is off, it should be 175 if you only have one flamer, suggest getting 2 more flamers.

I would put a heavy bolter on your leman russ instead of the flamer since he should always be able to fire both of them and if your flaming someone you most likely can't place the ordnance template on them unless it's a huge squad.

I have never thought of putting heavy flamers on my artillery, especially on my griffin so that when they get in my min range I can just flame them.

In theory if the opponent isn't expecting it and doesn't have an infantry screen for his vehicles and you go first then your tactics would work. If none of those things happen then you'll still be able to take on an elite army if you play your list right, but I don't think you'll do too well against a good horde player

Also if your facing multiple land raiders with assault units inside and you don't go first I think your in for trouble as tactics are usually move forward 12" pop smoke, then next turn he'll be in your lines close combat thanks to assault ramps. Your lascannons will have to deal with cover saves and your meltabombs will hit on 6's.

Personally I would switch all the heavy bolter gunners for special weapons in the vet squads, either meltas (just in case you are assaulting a vehicle that did move, or a walker) or 2 flamers to balance out your list against large amounts of infantry.

I think your biggest weakness would be against static gun line armies. These armies will have large amounts of troops with supporting vehicles (loyal marines to an extent, other guard, and tau could accomplish this) and will have enough infantry to make sure you don't get anywhere near their vehicles with your scout move while having the fire power to duel it out against your fire base. Since your vendetta isn't a tank it won't be able to push infantry out of the way to get close enough to their vehicles but should be able get unimpeded shots into their armor since they'll be so high above their infantry screen.
    Most Notable Achievements:
    Killed a Revenant Titan in one shot.
    Killed 900 pts worth of Blood Angels in 2 turns while only loosing 4 pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MadLarkin View Post
    Your points for your first units is off, it should be 175 if you only have one flamer, suggest getting 2 more flamers.
    Thanks for the catch.

I would put a heavy bolter on your leman russ instead of the flamer since he should always be able to fire both of them and if your flaming someone you most likely can't place the ordnance template on them unless it's a huge squad.
    Good advice, I'll do that.

In theory if the opponent isn't expecting it and doesn't have an infantry screen for his vehicles and you go first then your tactics would work. If none of those things happen then you'll still be able to take on an elite army if you play your list right, but I don't think you'll do too well against a good horde player
    yea, horde makes me a little worried.

Also if your facing multiple land raiders with assault units inside and you don't go first I think your in for trouble as tactics are usually move forward 12" pop smoke, then next turn he'll be in your lines close combat thanks to assault ramps. Your lascannons will have to deal with cover saves and your meltabombs will hit on 6's.
    well, interesting. If they move 12" and pop smoke, and then they are within 12" of a vendetta (which they should be if i placed my vendetta's decently well), then i get 10 assults with melta bombs. The smoke gives 4+ cover saves (sometimes, like daemonhunters land raiders smoke make all pens, glances) so they save against 1/2, and they hit 1/6 of the time. that tells me that i have pretty good odds to hit with 1. then, its a str 8 + 2d6 attack. and i need a 14 to glance. so 6 glance and 7 pen. so on 2d6 i pen over 1/2 the time (21/36) and glance 5/36. that totals about a 70% chance to do something. and a 35 to stop it. (stupid heavy armor). but even if i dont stop it and they assult away, there abandoned land raider (~250 pts) will be prey to the melta bombs vet squad (~100 pts), and sure whatever was assulted is probobly forfit, but thems the breaks i guess.

Personally I would switch all the heavy bolter gunners for special weapons in the vet squads, either meltas (just in case you are assaulting a vehicle that did move, or a walker) or 2 flamers to balance out your list against large amounts of infantry.
    a definite idea

I think your biggest weakness would be against static gun line armies. These armies will have large amounts of troops with supporting vehicles (loyal marines to an extent, other guard, and tau could accomplish this) and will have enough infantry to make sure you don't get anywhere near their vehicles with your scout move while having the fire power to duel it out against your fire base. Since your vendetta isn't a tank it won't be able to push infantry out of the way to get close enough to their vehicles but should be able get unimpeded shots into their armor since they'll be so high above their infantry screen.
    I was hoping against an army like this just try to outgun them like follows: have the vendettas + heavy support go against the vehicles (not even bothering with deploying the vets, just shoot with vendettss) because the troop lines usually dont have the 48" range. and 3 twin linked las cannons on the vendettas can usally take out any given vehicle that has the range + firepower to threaten my army. I dont think it will be an easy win, but i can definately give them a run for their money. (OR i could try deepstriking the vendettas w/ the vets behind the enemy lines!)

Anyway, thanks for your advice. Any other ideas from anyone else?

+ Reply to Thread