1000 point first time marine player - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 point first time marine player

I wanted an assaulty marine army with no bikes in it for fluff reasons, I just wanted critisism/ knowledge of what works and what doesn't. I also wanted a mainly assaulty army. Thanks for your input

Space Marine Captain - Jetpack, lightning claw and storm sheild (155 pts)
    Space Marine Assault squad - 5 basic guys no upgrades ( 100 pts)

Space Marine Tactical Squadx10 in Rhino - all with bolt pistol and chain sword (205 pts)
    Space Marine Tactical Squadx10 in Rhino - all with bolt pistol and chain sword (205 pts)

Dreadknought - twin linked lascannon (135 pts)
    Landspeeder - Multi Melta (60 pts)

and for the last 140 points i was thiking about adding either a:
    Razorback - twin linked lascannon with a 5 man scout squad with bolt pistols and chain swords (150 points)
    or
    Devastator Squad with 2 plasma cannons (140 pts)

Pokerface of Guard

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by JLaronde View Post
    Space Marine Captain - Jetpack, lightning claw and storm sheild (155 pts)
    Not bad. You could consider a Chaplain with jump pack. He's cheaper, makes the unit fearless and his ability on the charge is pretty nice for assaulting units.

Space Marine Assault squad - 5 basic guys no upgrades ( 100 pts)
    I would get these guys up to 8-10 marines if you can. Also try to give your sergeant a powerfist.

Tactical marines only come with bolters and boltpistols as standard weapons. Since you have 10 marines you may as well get your free weapons. You could do a ML/flamer in one squad and purchase a meltagun/PC comination in the other, for example, then combat squad it with a Razorback. Also, power weapons or powerfists on your sergeants are a must in my opinion.

The TLLC is not worth it on a Dreadnought in my opinion. May as well drop down to a MM or assault cannon and buy the heavy flamer upgrade. A plasmacannon works nicely on them if you have a conversion or the FW piece.

Landspeeder - Multi Melta (60 pts)
    Good. If you need points I'd recommend a MM Attack bike instead. Either way, a good selection.

Since you're looking for a more assault-type army check out the Space wolves and Black templar. They are geared towards assault.
    Last edited by Chirality; June 15th, 2009 at 18:25.
    "Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!"
    -This space for rent-
    Salamander project log

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Is there any reason you're not using a Blood Angel force? Then you can have the assault guys as troop choices, and drop the tactical entirely.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uh, cuz I wanted to change them into spacewolves as soon as the new codex comes out, but anyway I re-tweeked the army list with some suggestions that were thrown at me. thanks Chirality for the suggestions.

Space Marine Captain - Jetpack, lightning claws (155 pts)
    Space Marine Assault squad - 5 basic guys no upgrades ( 125 pts)

Space Marine 10 man tactical squad - Rhino with a meltagun, multi-melta and power fist (235 pts)
    Space Marine 10 man tactical squad - Rhino with a meltagun, multi-melta and power fist (235 pts)

what im still confused on for the last 250:

Dreadknought - twin linked auto cannon (115 pts)
    or:
    terminator squad - assault cannon and chain fist x 4 - 250 pts
    or:
    Landspeederx4 - Multimelta's ( 240 pts)
    or:
    and add melta bombs on on HQ and sergeants in rhino
    Pokerface of Guard

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

5 assault marines will die very quickly. I'd suggest bumping it up to a full squad before considering anything else, and you should really get them at least a power weapon if not a powerfist. Otherwise they'll hit CC and have only 6 attacks on the charge because most of them are dead...
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

+ Reply to Thread