Ultramarines 2nd Company 1800pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ultramarines 2nd Company 1800pts

Hey everyone. It's been awhile since I've posted a list on here, but I figured I'd run one by you guys for some input! I haven't played Marines since 4ed but here goes!

Ultramarine's 2nd Company

Captain Cato Sicarius
    Command Squad
    -Powerfist
    -Meltagun

Rhino APC
    -Extra Armor

Terminator Squad
    -Assault Cannon
    Land Raider Redeemer
    -Extra Armor

Tactical Squad
    -Meltagun
    -Plasma Cannon
    -Sergeant with Powerfist

Rhino APC
    -Extra Armor

Tactical Squad
    -Meltagun
    -Plasma Cannon
    -Sergeant with Powerfist

Rhino APC
    -Extra Armor

Sternguard Veterans
    -Meltagun x2
    -Sergeant with Powerfist/Combi-Melta

Drop Pod

Whirlwind

Vindicator
    -Siegeshield

I really like Sicarius' fluff so I had to take him for fun. I've hated Lascannons since 5ed came out and I've found that Meltas are far superior so I've taken plenty in this list. The Rhinos run their meltaguns up and take out enemy armor while the Combat Squaded Plasma Cannons Footslog up to melt heavy infantry. I usually run an IG Mech Veteran list with maxed Meltas so I wanted to try out the same idea just as Space Marines!
    I bought a Drop Pod awhile back and wanted to bring it off the shelf, I figure Deep Striking Meltaguns would be a chance to use it.

Terminators are the reason why I played SM to begin with, so I put them in a raider to get them to the front and dish out some fire. As I've said, Lascannons are no bueno for me so the Stock Raider was a no go. I've had some fun with he Crusader but since I've never used the Redeemer before I figured I'd give it a shot. Finally, as a Guard player it's hard for me to leave Ordnance at home. So a Whirlwind and Vindicator filled the last couple hundred points in the list.

I don't plan on going "all the way" with this list, but I would like to have a fun time surprising my friends with a non-IG list. Let me know what you guys think!

GreyKnight

Last edited by GreyKnight6962; June 16th, 2009 at 04:45.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your list is pretty well thought out, so assuming your points work out (too lazy to check), it should win you some games. Just for your info though, Assault Terminators these days are much stronger now due to their great 2+/3+ saves when using the Thunder Hammer / Storm Shield combo.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Good list, I can't see anything wrong with it that's not down to personal preference.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

+ Reply to Thread