Meant to be studying - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meant to be studying

I should be studying for my uni exams starting on Monday but plastic crack has gotten in the way.

I have written this list for fun and i do realize that it has huge potential to epically fail (Man if the land raider dies early).

Captain
    Terminator Armour
    Stormshield
    Thunder Hammer

Im tempted to just run Lysander but i would need to find 30 points somewhere (probability some vehicle up grades)

Full Tac Squad
    melta gun
    missile launcher
    powerfist
    rhino w/ extra armour

Full Tac Squad
    melta gun
    missile launcher
    powerfist
    rhino w/ extra armour

I like these guys because they are nice and balanced. Can complete any role set for them.

5 scouts
    4w/ sniper rifles
    heavy bolter
    camo cloaks

Sit back relax and hold home objective

Terminator Assault Squad 200
    Thunder hammers and Storm Shields

I prefer strength 8 to strength 4 with re roles. The storm shield will protect me from the worst harm and strength 8 is more flexible.

Dreadnought 105
    twin las
    Missile launcher
    extra armour

snipes with the scouts but targets vehicles

Whirlwind
    Storm Bolter

Does most of the killing believe it or not, also the storm bolter is there so it does not become useless if it gets a weapon destroyed result (But will be taken away if i field lysander)

Land Raider Crusader
    Extra Armour
    Multi Melta

I am not sure about the multi melta, if i take lysander it will be taken away.

That ends up being 1500 points, tell me if you think i should field lysander or not. Keep in mind this is a list built for fun not for serious games. I know only 31 infantry models is never fun.

Back to exam study

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would run a chappy in terminator armour instead of the captain, cheaper, and re-rolls are nice.
    Last edited by Fangda; June 17th, 2009 at 04:36.
    Marines - All built, 4/5 painted. Tau - 3/4 built, 0 painted. 'crons - 1/2 built, 1/2 painted.
    I suck at staying on task.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: I agree. Your captain is just adding a few more TH attacks and 2 normal termies could do that for a lot less points. A Chaplin would get you more hits because of the rerolls and a few of them would be I4. A Librarian with Gate + Nullzone could be fun too to in effect teleport on turn one then use nullzone to stop invulnerables saving from your hammers.

Elites: Termies are fine. Could swap 1-2 L Claws in there and still keep the survivability. The LR transport should keep you safe too.
    The dread I think would be better replaced by an AC/2LC Pred. It has better armour and more firepower.

Troops: Drop extra armour from the rhinos. If you are travelling in the rhinos you may not need the extra range of the ML and could go for a MM instead.

Heavy: Fine. Definately keep the MM to go tank hunting after delivering passengers.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

+ Reply to Thread