Salamanders 2.5K doubles list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x4)

Salamanders 2.5K doubles list

Greetings. A friend and I are trying something new in an upcoming local club tournament. We both play Salamanders as our standard armies and we decided on a Drop pod heavy list for a change from our usual mech lists. We predominately play against MEQ lists. There is also no sharing between wargear and abilities (ie, no Vulkan combat tactics for me).

My 1250 point list:

Chaplain - jump pack, digital weapons, melta bombs - 130
    Sternguard - 6 veterans, 4 x combi-meltas, PF, Drop pod - 230
    Dreadnought - plasmacannon, heavy flamer, Drop pod - 160
    Tactical squad - 10 marines, Multi-melta, flamer, PF, combi-flamer, Rhino - 240
    Tactical squad - 10 marines, plasmacannon, meltagun, PF, combi-flamer, Razorback- 255
    Assault squad - 10 marines, PF, flamer x 2 - 235

1250 points. I have considered dropping the digital weapons to upgrade to a thunderhammer on the Assault sergeant and taking another combi-weapon for the Sternguard.

Partner's list:
    Vulkan He'stan - 190
    Dreadnought - Multi-melta, heavy flamer, Drop pod - 150
    Tactical squad - 10 marines, Multi-melta, flamer, PF, combi-melta, Drop pod - 240
    Tactical squad - 10 marines, Multi-melta, flamer, PF, combi-melta, Drop pod - 240
    Scouts - 5 x scouts, bolters - 75
    Land speeder storm - heavy bolter - 50

1245 points. His list is pretty self explanatory. I'm not sure about the Scouts, but having a fast scoring unit isn't too shabby. I'm considering recommending a pair of MM Land speeders or MM Attack bikes to him instead.

Overall, this list did well in our first test game against a Chaos Daemons doubles team.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Chirality; August 3rd, 2009 at 21:56. Reason: Tweaked the list.
    "Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!"
    -This space for rent-
    Salamander project log

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a new salamander player I like both lists, you got the bodies he's got the armor and let the flamers and melta's do the rest.
    Shas'O dent'O r'myr cadre ( 1850pts ) ( O'shovah breakaway rules )
    Space wolves " dentonir " the red wolves company ( Canis wolf cavalry list, 1000pts )

+ Reply to Thread