IG w/ DH 1500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IG w/ DH 1500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IG w/ DH 1500

This list is based on the fact that I do not have chimeras, but I have rhinos plus Daemonhunters.

Company HQ with Astropath 80pts
    Brother Captain w/ 5-GK Termie Retinue w/ incinerator 306pts
    Veteran Squad w/ Harker, 3 plasmas 1 lascannon 190pts
    Veteran Squad w/ 3 plasmas 1 lascannon Forward Sentries 165pts
    Inquisitorial Stormtroopers:6 men w/ Vet Sgt 2 Meltas Teleport Homer Rhino Mount with Smoke 165pts
    Inquisitorial Stormtroopers:6 men w/ Vet Sgt 2 Meltas Teleport Homer Rhino Mount with Smoke 165pts
    Leman Russ MBT: Lascannon, HB Sponsons, extra armor, 200pts
    Demolisher: Lascannon, PC Sponsons, extra armor, 225pts

1496pts

With the exception of the plasmas/meltas which I will bits order, most of this stuff is either leftovers from DH or yet to be built from a trade/previous edition battleforce box. I have some other LRMBTs with same setup (from trade), another Rhino, some more infantry (not a ton), and bits to make snipers.

Is this list remotely reasonable or should I look into another setup before beginning the actual gluing/modeling work? Any thoughts/suggestions appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

List looks fine to me mate. Theres a few things i'd chuck in there but thats just nit picking. I'll say them anyway though

HQ: this squads fine for giving out orders and hiding but it's a bit of a shame to be loosing out on the BS4. I'm asuming this squad will be hanging round with the non-harker squad. Why not give these boys camo cloaks and some gear so they can put out some hurt while still be hard to kill.

Troops: These boys are very, very expensive but they do what they say on the tin. No probs with the vets or the Stormies.

Heavy: I'd do some swapping around on these boys. First off i'd loose the lascannons on the Russ, They're not brilliant for the price. Neither is the Extra armour.

I'd also give the Leman Russ the plasma Sponsons. this boy has the range on the main gun to sit back and blast everything on the table so the Plasma cannons will go wellwith this tank. The Demolisher will generally have to move towards it's intended foe meaning it can only fire one gun and it's turret so it's a bit of a waste.

Overall it's a very nasty list against MEQ but you don't really have that much dakka to cope with Hoard lists like Orks.

Well thats my ramblings over anyway.
    Last edited by Lord Borak; June 21st, 2009 at 11:03.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could replace the Harker squads weapons with an HB and 3 GL combo, plus give the command squad 2 GLs and a ML. Not sure if GLs seem like a waste on the vets in both squads, but I thought the templates might be helpful against hordes.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Aye grenade launchers would be pretty handy. Mass blast is good. It's only Str3 but 3 blasts should account for something. They can always use Krak if they're up against tough stuff or light vehicles. You can always add a missile launcher aswell. This boy can switch to blast or Krak and keep up the squads jack of all trades role.
    Grenade launchers being Assault and Harkers relentless rule mean this squad can keep up the fire even on the move.

Not a bad squad actually. Think i'll make one myself lol.

Edit: 35pts cheaper too. Enough for a demo charge if things get nasty. More blast too!
    Last edited by Lord Borak; June 21st, 2009 at 16:55.

+ Reply to Thread