space wolves 2000 pt tourn need help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

space wolves 2000 pt tourn need help

-sry for the bad form in advance

Venerable dread-multi melta-drop pod

Wolf Lord-terminator armour-storm shield-power weapon -(with the wolf guard squad)

Wolf Battle Leader-2 lightning claws-(with the GH squad)

Dread-multi melta-drop pod

Dread-multi Melta-drop pod

Hrey Hunters-9-PW-PF-2*plasma pistol-Melta Gun-drop pod

(4)-Blood Claws-10-PW-PF-MG-Drop Pod

Wolf Guard-6-all termi armour-2 chainfists-3 lightning vlaws pairs-two storm shields

so basically 40 blood claws, 10 grey hunters-6 termis-3 dreads-all with multi meltas, melta guns, dread ccw, or chainfists, each squad can destroy a land raider, and has lots of close combat capabilities, all drop poding in with the wolf lord teleporting in with his retinue of 6 termis-advice on the list, how to make it better and how to make it good against a khorn army my friend has with 40 zerkers??????

(not sure if terminator armour come with the fist for space wolves??)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Just a couple of notes.

Space Wolves will not teleport. Either a drop pod or Land Raider is needed for your Wolf Lord squad.

Term armor does not come with a powerfist. You must purchase everything from the SW armory.

I would suggest giving your Wolf Lord a Frost Blade instead of the Power Weapon. The +1 S is very nice, esp with his Initiave.

You have a lot of troops in this list, but you don't have much movement after dropping or ranged firepower. If you took a LR you'd have a little more long range firepower plus a rock solid transport.

Those are just a couple quick thoughts. Maybe if I get a chance later I can fill in more for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in the space wolves special rules secion it specifies that telportation is permitted if the whole army drop pods into combat, i was considering a land raider reedemer but im afraid of indirect fire by basilisks and manticores since guard players are going to be present in large numbers and the going list is filled with basilisks and manticore things im tailoring my army against that, as well im not sure if ill have cover for the land raider.
    furthurmore, its a great army gainst shooty armies IMO but dont know how it will fare gainst other transport heavy and close combat tailored armies???

-thx for the comments

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x1)

Hey, got around to rechecking the book. SW in term armor are never allowed to teleport. In the Will Not Teleport section, it states "SW models with term armor may not Deep Strike unless the entire army enters play in drop pods" This means the only way SW Terminators can deep strike is if they are in a drop pod (and so is the rest of the army)
    I like Land Raiders because they are AV14 all around. Thats really hard to pop. I always run them with extra armor because most hits resolve in a shaken/stunned. I played in a tourney a couple months ago and rushed my LR forward to claim the only objective. Planted it right on it, and it proceded to shrug off IG demolisher and Lascannon fire for 4 turns. My opponent was having a rough time trying to pop it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im not sure if thats correct, cause termis cant use drop pods-i have another list with a reedemer-somtimes it lasts a whole game sometimes it gets poped first turn and an entire squad goes pop-if theres a lot of cover ill take a raider-but workin on this army now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x1)

Space Wolf termies are allowed to use drop pods. Look at the Drop Pods Special Rules entry in the SW dex. Its boring marines that can't put termies in drop pods.
    My other thought for your army would be to think about giving your Ven. Dred an Assault Cannon. If you are squaring off against a horde llist, you are not going to have enough shots to pump out to do enough damage before you get hit.

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

Read the SW FAQ. It says to use the current marine drop pod rules, and the only thing you use from the drop pod entry in the SW book is the list saying who can use a drop pod. You no longer have to pod the entire army at the same time.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree that you should outfit your Ven with a AC, also i am a fan of Long Fangs. mine always do well but they are a point sink. i out fit mine with 2 Lascannons and two Plasma Cannons. i have also found that a wolf priest does amazing things for Blood Claws and Ragnar does awesome with Grey hunters. the wolf priest will let you ignore one missed save (i think, im a counselor right now and dont have my dex). then Ragnar gives the pack hes in Berserk charge for +2 attacks on the charge, and i believe +3 on the counter-charge.

for 2k points my trinity of HQs are Ven dread w/ AC, Wolf Priest w/ PP & Runic armor and charm, and Ragnar.

while i see why you want to field so many meltas, remember that your marines can glance to death a chimera with their fists. not to mention the krak and melta bombs you can give people.

another suggestion are Wolf Scouts armed with a PP, two PW and lots of melta bombs. and a WG thrown in. i had five OBEL a gaurd player one time and tie up 30 gaurdsmen. it was beautiful. and that was after popping two chimeras and a Leman.

IMO i would drop one dread and try to get some Scouts if you really want the vehicle popping power cause IG just line their tanks up and start shooting. half the time they block them selves in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

53 (x1)

Yup, forgot to reference the FAQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan230 View Post
    i. the wolf priest will let you ignore one missed save (i think, im a counselor right now and dont have my dex).
    Yeah, you give your Wolf Priest Healing Potions and Balms if you want this.

Wolf scouts are very very nice with their OBEL. I recently played a 7000k apoc game against an IG player. He lined up troops all along the back edge of his board specifically so my scouts couldnt come on and put a melta bomb in the back of one of his superheavies. They are that harrasing to people.

As for long fangs, I too am a big fan. I usually kit them out with HB, ML, PC, and LC. I also try to take casulaties in that order. Their split fire ability is great. But then again, you are doing a drop army.

+ Reply to Thread