1750 and 2Kpt SW lists - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

1750 and 2Kpt SW lists

I'm making both because at my local GW the first time I went I ended up playing a 2Kpt game, but the last two times it seemed that most of the other players wanted 1750pt games so I want to have lists for both. Note that this is mostly for fun and testing out terminators. I have no clue if it will be very effective, though I do realise that a drop pod would add a lot to this list I don't own any.

1750pt Army

Hq: 482pts

Ragnar Blackmane : 175pts

Ven Dread w/ Assault Cannon, Heavy Flamer: 165pts
    WGBL w/ Termy Armour, AssCan, Frost Blade, Runic charm, 2 Wolves: 149pts

Elites:

Wolf Guard: 612

4 WGBG w/ 4x Termy Armour, 4x Runic Charm, 2x Storm Bolter, 1x PW, 3x PF, 1x Asscan, 1x CML: 251pts

WGL: PW, Bolter: 41pts

1 GK Brother Captain w/ Psycannon, Psychic Hood + 4 GK w/1 Psycannon: 320pts

Troops: 380

8 GH w/ Bolters, 1 Meltagun, 2 PW, Frag Grenades: 181pts
    Rhino: 35pts

10 Blood Claws w/ 2PF: 164pts

Heavy Support: 265pts

Land Raider Redeemer w/ MM, Extra Armour: 265pts

Total: 1748

Now, it does seem like it has too few guys to me, though, even with all the terminators (who can't DS except for the GK). I can drop one of the two units of termies for 10 blood claws and a rhino (199pts) and something else. If I drop the GKT I can add in another dread. Otherwise I was thinking of running the GKT in the redeemer with Ragnar-> who likes 7 s5 attacks and 21 S6 attacks on the charge? We do! But on the other hand I think I'll put Ragnar with the GH in the Rhino, have the Blood Claws with the WGL in the LRR, and have the two units of terminators and the ven dread march up shooting. It does scare me how I'm using so few units (I like to play semi-swarmy nids with no more than 4 MCs), but hopefully it'll work out.

2000 SW Army:

Hq: 509pts

Ragnar Blackmane : 175pts

Ven Dread w/ Assault Cannon, Heavy Flamer, Extra Armour: 170pts

WGBL w/ Termy Armour, AssCan, Frost Blade, Runic charm, Wolf Pelt, 3 wolves: 164pts

Elites: 659

Wolf Guard:

4 WGBG w/ 4x Termy Armour, 4x Runic Charm, 2x Storm Bolter, 1x PW, 3x PF, 1x Asscan, 1x CML: 251pts

2x WGL:PW, Bolter, Meltabombs: 88

1 GK Brother Captain w/ Psycannon, Psychic Hood + 4 GK w/1 Psycannon: 320pts

Troops: 567

8 GH w/ Bolters, 1 Meltagun, 2 PW, Frag Grenades: 181pts
    Rhino: 35pts

10 Blood Claws w/ 2PF, flamer: 170pts

8 GH w/ Bolters, 1 Meltagun, 2PW, Frag Grenades: 181pts

Heavy Support: 265pts

Land Raider Redeemer w/ MM, Extra Armour: 265pts

Total: 2000pts

Ragnar hangs with the GH in the rhino, the BCs are in the LRR with a WGL, the second GH unit are going to hang back and watch my objective, and the two termy units and the Ven Dread are going to march up pelting the enemy with firepower.

So... thoughts? Are my two army ideas crap because I don't have enough objective takers? Are some of my choices horrible beyond all reason (note that I don't have more than the 10 BC)? I want to hear what others think of this army.

Last edited by Phalanx; June 25th, 2009 at 21:39.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

Tested the lists. I've decided that I'm removing the GKT (they didn't perform at all, though it might have been because of my enemies and the board). The WGT performed well. The CML and 2 asscans did quite a bit of damage and they dealt a lot of damage in combat. The runic charms and the two wolves added a lot of resilience to the unit. Throughout the second game with them (the first game was a crap show for me- I rolled horribly (my GH+Ragnar charged a unit of crusaders with an Emp's Champ and they got wrecked due to my horrible rolling- Ragnar did one wound to the Emp's Champ over two combats, and then died because I failed every save I had to make with him) then it had seemed like first turn the enemy had the guys in his LRC exit it but it was actually a different squad that was just near it so his uber combat squad of furious charge d00ds killed my BCs before they could attack, charged and killed my GKs because I shot at them and they got to move forward, and then killed my terminators who over the course of 4 turns managed to get 3 pens on a dread and only managed to get weapon destroyed an immobilized results, all of which they did on the turn when they charged) my GKT didn't do much (game 2 was vs mech tau) while my WGT wiped out my opponent's stealth suits and killed my enemy's commander and bodyguard in addition to a bit of other damage. It ended up doing quite well against the Tau, though in the end we drew (but it was a very close draw-> we ended up having a total of 3 roll offs due to distances being like a quarter or less of an inch and the only one that went his way had me not having anyone contest the objective he had grabbed after he killed my unit of grey hunters there in a flurry of good shots and bad saves-> it was a great game).

Overall, I found the GKT unimpressive but I liked my WGT so I'm dropping the GKT for something else. I wasn't expecting much out of them, so needless to say they met my expectations. : /
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't need to worry about deep striking Terminators, Space Wolves can take them in Drop Pods.

+ Reply to Thread