2000 pts armoured assault - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pts armoured assault

here is my tank list i have been working on sense the new realise i hope you like it and please commit it

HQ

Company command - master of ordenace - 95
    chimera - 55

Troops

Veteran squad - 3 meltas - 100
    chimera -55

veteran squad - 3 meltas - 100
    chimera - 55

chimera - 55

chimera - 55

Heavy support

Squadron 1
    Punisher - heavy bolter sponsors, pask - 250
    Executioner - plasma cannon sponsors - 230

squadron 2
    Punisher - heavy bolter sponsors - 200

Squadron 3 (ordenace)
    2 Griffons w/ enclosed crew compartment - 180
    medusa w/ bestion shell, enclosed crew compartment - 155

2000 pts on the spot

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Put the two punishers togeather and the two executioners togeather. That will allow you to maximise the effectiveness of your squad by targetting their preferred targets. Besides your opponents will be scared past death by a squad that can lay down 10 plamsa cannon shots per turn and another squad that can put out 58 S5+ shots (depending on if you're targetting infantry or vehicles.

Maybe you should swap the closed crew compartments on your artillary, pask and the 2 griffons to fit in another couple medusas. Sure you'd need to find another few points in the list but you could always try swapping the MOO out for some true ordance. Hell you don't need 3 tanks with bastion bbreakers in 1 list, let 2 keep their normal rounds, long range demo cannons are not to be laughed at.

Other than that it's hard to argue with your list selections, good luck.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by vindicareR View Post
    Company command - master of ordenace - 95
    chimera - 55
    Why have a MoO when you're in a Chimera? Go for massed special weapons and a Fleet Officer or Astro if anything.

Veteran squad - 3 meltas - 100
    chimera -55

chimera - 55

chimera - 55

chimera - 55
    Great.

Squadron 1
    Punisher - heavy bolter sponsors, pask - 250
    Yuck. Punishers are crap, Pask doesn't help them, and Executioners don't complement them.

squadron 2
    Punisher - heavy bolter sponsors - 200
    As above.

Squadron 3 (ordenace)
    2 Griffons w/ enclosed crew compartment - 180
    medusa w/ bestion shell, enclosed crew compartment - 155
    Way too expensive, and Griffons and Medusas don't mix well, even with the accurate bombardment.

You sunk way too many points in squadrons full of crappy tanks and poor upgrades. Don't bother with squadrons, they make your tanks easier to kill and you have to fire at the same target.

Drop all that and you can afford some skimmers, Devil Dogs, Sentinels, or PBS.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thx for the comment i can try your ide soo i made a new list please tell me what you think

HQ

Company command - melta bomb, Chimera - 110 pts

Troops

Veteran squad 1 - 3 meltas, Chimera -155

Veteran squad 2 - 3 meltas, Chimera -155

Veteran squad 3 - 3 meltas, Chimera -155

veteran squad 4 - 4 meltas, chimera- 155

Heavy support

Squadron 1
    2 Punisher - Heavy bolter sponsors - 400

Squadron 2
    2 Executioner - Plasma cannon sponsors - 460

Squadron 3 (ordenace)
    2 Medusa 1 Medusa w / bestion shell - 410

the first think i was think about in the first list was to have the punishers like support weapons for the plasma tanks, soo thats was my tactics from the first but now i see more killing then before hope you like the new list

Master of Those Damn Durable Swords Roland Durendal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

Agree with the above, pairing like with like (i.e. Executioners together, Punishers together)

As for the list itself...personally it seems a little bland. Cut and pasted units, little variety, only 4 troop choices. In objective based games, it'll be harder for you to grab or contest objectives with 4 troop choices.

Medusa's are amazing, I'd got with them over grifs. Think of dropping the punishers and adding in some fast attack, and maybe another troops choice.
    If you win games against Nids with flamers (aside from the Inferno Cannon on a Hellhound), you're playing against opponents with stupidity of impressive magnitude.

~ Sokhar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know that the punisher ist the best tank out there but i like the model and 29 shoots are a bit amazing and agienst my freinds horde armys they have a hard time agienst them and that i have a small amout off troops i dont think thats a problem im a demonhunter player from the start and i play only grey knigts and i have only 2-3 troop choice and i think the veterans can make there way to the objects

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

New thought, if you dropped bth punishers you could take some fast tanks. These could be hellhounds with their well placed template shots or banewolves with their marine killing goodness and a defensive main weapon for double template nastiness.

You could take the 2 fast tanks (1 banewolf 1 hellhound) and then grab some psykers in a chimera. That would all but ensure that something you want gone flees.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My biggest issue with your list is how bland it is as noted by another poster. every one of your troop choices is identical. You have no Elites and no Fast attack. Plus having over 60% of your points sunk in Heavy support will have some opponents sneering at you. My 2000 point army is similar but has some increased diversity:

HQ
    CCS - 4 Plasma, OoF

Elite
    PBS (6 psykers), Chim

Troop
    PCS - 4 GL(or Flamer), chim
    Troops - plasma, chim
    Troops - plasma, chim
    Troops - plasma, chim

Vets - 3xmelta, chim

Vets - 3xmelta

FA
    Valkrie - Rocket Pods

HS
    Demolisher - LC

Demolisher - LC

3x LRBT, HB

2000pts

The list contains a unit from each area, 35% Heavy support, 6 scoring units instead of 4.

Something like this but optimized against the armies you play against (Hordes) will probably serve you well and also keep you more interested due to the variety. also with variety comes flexibility which is never a bad thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by cman2001 View Post
    My biggest issue with your list is how bland it is as noted by another poster. every one of your troop choices is identical. You have no Elites and no Fast attack. Plus having over 60% of your points sunk in Heavy support will have some opponents sneering at you. My 2000 point army is similar but has some increased diversity:

HQ
    CCS - 4 Plasma, OoF

Elite
    PBS (6 psykers), Chim

Troop
    PCS - 4 GL(or Flamer), chim
    Troops - plasma, chim
    Troops - plasma, chim
    Troops - plasma, chim

Vets - 3xmelta, chim

Vets - 3xmelta

FA
    Valkrie - Rocket Pods

HS
    Demolisher - LC

Demolisher - LC

3x LRBT, HB

2000pts

The list contains a unit from each area, 35% Heavy support, 6 scoring units instead of 4.

Something like this but optimized against the armies you play against (Hordes) will probably serve you well and also keep you more interested due to the variety. also with variety comes flexibility which is never a bad thing.
    Sure is 4th edition around here.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread