2500 point 'ard boyz list need help please - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500 point 'ard boyz list need help please

I am getting ready for the upcoming 2500 'ard boyz tourny for 2009. I am up to 2323 points at the moment and dont know what else i should add and what else i may want to switch out in change for another thing. Please reply fast. Here is the list:

HQ: Marnues Calgar 265
    Armour of Antilochus 15
    Chaplin Cassius 125 (being used as Iron Hands still think of a name)

Troops: 10 man Tact Squad 275 ( Smurfs)
    Melta Gun 5
    Lascannon 10
    Power Weapon 15
    Razor Back 75
    Lascannon Twin Plasmagun
    10 man tact squad 280 (Iron Hands)
    Meltagun 5
    P. Cannon 5
    Power Fist 25
    Razor Back 75
    twin lascannon
    On the 2 tact squads the razor back prices are included on the point value for the squad.

5 man scout squad 153
    Sniper free
    Telion 50
    Cloaks 15
    Fast Attack: 10 man Assault Squad 235
    melta bomds 5
    storm shield 15
    power weapon 15

5 man Vangaurd Vet. 295
    Relic Blade 15
    5 storm Shields 75
    4 lightning claws 60
    4 melta bombs 20

1 land speeder 100
    typhoon 40
    multi melta 10

Heavy: Landraider Crusader 285
    Storm Bolter 10
    Multi Melta 10
    Extra Armour 15
    Marneus, Cassius, and the vets will be in the LRC

Elite: Ironclad Dread 160
    Assault Launchers 15
    Heavy Flamer 10

Dreadnaught 145
    Twinlascannon 15
    Missle Launcher 10

As i said this all comes out to 2323 i think my math may be wrong i didnt use a calculator. But i have some replacements i can use i have 1 more Land speeder, 1 more tact sqaud, a predator with all lascannons, a vindicator, 1 more dread, 2 more rhinos, various other hq selection if someone can make a valid point to why my hqs are not a good choice and i have about 200 dollors in my pocket i can pick up some extra guys with but only if need be please help and please respond fast.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    98 (x1)

HQ: Marnues Calgar 265
    - Solid leader, and mad tuff to take down
    Chaplin Cassius 125 (being used as Iron Hands still think of a name)
    - Another awsome character for the points, definitely worth taking

Troops: 10 man Tact Squad 275 ( Smurfs)
    Melta Gun 5
    Lascannon 10
    Power Weapon 15
    Razor Back 75
    Lascannon Twin Plasmagun
    - Love the twig & berries upgrade on the RB, it's one of my personal preferences. Persoanlly if you're going PW route, I would take a Melta bomb just incase (you never know when a dreadnought's gonna charge you)

10 man tact squad 280 (Iron Hands)
    Meltagun 5
    P. Cannon 5
    Power Fist 25
    Razor Back 75
    twin lascannon
    - Another decent troop choice.

5 man scout squad 153
    Sniper free
    Telion 50
    Cloaks 15
    - Telion is the man, just hopefully you roll well. He's great with Sniper scouts, but you can't give them 15 points worth of camo cloaks, only 12 =P Telion takes over one of scouts, and he cannot be given any extra equipment, so you save 3 points !!!!

Fast Attack: 10 man Assault Squad 235
    melta bomds 5
    storm shield 15
    power weapon 15
    - kinda wierd, but I guess you really want that seargent to live? Good combo of the PW + MB however.

5 man Vangaurd Vet. 295
    Relic Blade 15
    5 storm Shields 75
    4 lightning claws 60
    4 melta bombs 20
    - Personally think they are way tooooooooo expensive for what you are getting. Consider getting 5 Assault Terminators, and take 3 with THs, 2 with LCs cause it will only be 200 points, and you're getting a better unit that will probably survive more. You will be getting the same amount of attacks with the Assault Termies as you will with these guys, the way you got them decked out, and they cost less. If you were worried about survivability (hence the SS, im assuming), then the terminators are better.

1 land speeder 100
    typhoon 40
    multi melta 10
    - only 1, it's gonna get shot down easily.

Heavy: Landraider Crusader 285
    Storm Bolter 10
    Multi Melta 10
    Extra Armour 15
    - personally, save the 10 points on the Storm Bolter even though it's considered a defensive weapon. It's your only true transport on the table, seems kinda alone.

Elite: Ironclad Dread 160
    Assault Launchers 15
    Heavy Flamer 10
    - is he walking across the board with a heavy flamer and meltagun?

Dreadnaught 145
    Twinlascannon 15
    Missle Launcher 10
    - Nice dread to stand back and shoot, except that Twin lascannon is NOT 15 points, so check again.

First off I don't think you have enough troops to secure a win in a 2500 point game, specially since 2 out of 3 missions involve some form of objective. So yes, used your other tactical squad you have. I would honnestly suggest having 4 tactical squads, with your scouts in as well in this many points. Second, those dreadnoughts are open game for people to fire at, specially the ironclad walking across the board. Playing alot of marine players too, I've noticed that dropping an Ironclad behind enemy lines is disgustingly devastating as other things are running at you, but drop pods are only really effective with 3+. There's the problem of mobility too, which there not enough of it. You're LRC will drive arround, but with nothing else really with it (well potentially 2 RB's, but it doesn't make much sense to have them darting arround the board, specially how you decked them out). That land speeder is alone out there too, considered taking it out, or getting 2 more to buddy him up. I wouldn't take any more characters, well not only because i wouldn't suggest it but also you cant...(0-2 restrictions) The vindicator would be nice, might take peoples minds off the speeder and the LRC coming at them cause it's scary. Predator could help, depending on who you play however.

I think you might want to try to choose a play style. What i mean is, do you want Gun Line fire, or mobility, or combat oriented because you really need to have your army coordinated to make them really effective. I've found a mix and match of alittle of everything doesn't help the army as a whole. Take a look, and i'm willing to help make a list with you.
    Check out Double Edged Painting blog for more information on commissions and work in progress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand you on everything and am taking them into consideration couple things though you were right about the las on the dread i put the wrong point value there for it but the points for the total cost is correct. the scouts are in a unit of 5 i payed for 1 extra scout i dont know if it was a good thing or not but i did it and i have 2 razor backs zooming around with the lrc if i take out the vbangaurd i may put in a second land raider. if you could be a little more specific in what you would do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good luck let us know how u do.
    Traitors dine in heLL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Consider a drop pod for your dread and terminators or land speeders in place of your vangaurd.
    40k Ultramarines W-44 D-12 L-14 (This record is a combined from ArdBoyz and RogueTraderTourneys)
    Warhammer Choas DaemonsW-4 D-0 L-2

+ Reply to Thread