1750 Fists - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1750 Fists

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

1750 Fists

HQ:

Pedro Kantor

Libby - Gate

Elites:

8 x SG w/ 3x combi melta
    (Pedro)
    Drop Pod
    250 pts

10 x SG w/ 3x combi melta + PF
    (Libby)
    Drop Pod
    325 pts

5x termis w/ AC
    230 pts

Troops:

5x scouts, 4x snipers, 1x ML, camo cloaks
    100 pts

100 pts

10x Tact w/ ML + FL, PF
    Drop Pod
    230 pts

10x Tact w/ ML + FL, PF
    Drop Pod
    230 pts

Total:
    1740 pts
    55 bodies
    4 drop pods

This is all from memory so if points are off somewhere please let me know. The Termis were kind of a last minute addition as I wasn't quite sure what else to throw in. I was considering some scout bikers / attack bikes instead.

Any thoughts are welcome, thanks!

EDIT: Also any ideas for using the last 10 pts would be welcome. And I wanted to use Telion... possibly could do attack bikes with MM and add Telion in place of the termis.

Last edited by Ironangel256; June 30th, 2009 at 20:16.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironangel256 View Post
    Pedro Kantor

Libby - Gate
    Get the Librarian some Terminator armour with a Storm Shield so he's got a bit more survivability. Power-wise, I'd pick Null Field to go with it, or Vortex of Doom.
    8 x SG w/ 3x combi melta
    (Pedro)
    Drop Pod
    250 pts
    Good, but should be 10 men.
    10 x SG w/ 3x combi melta + PF
    (Libby)
    Drop Pod
    325 pts
    Good, but I'd...
    5x termis w/ AC
    230 pts
    ...stick the Librarian with these, so you can gate them around from turn 2 without having to make a reserve rolls.
    100 pts

100 pts

10x Tact w/ ML + FL, PF
    Drop Pod
    230 pts

10x Tact w/ ML + FL, PF
    Drop Pod
    230 pts
    You've got 9 scoring units, 10 if you bump both the Sternguard up to 10 men, and currently an even number of Drop Pods. I'd drop 1 Tactical Squad, which will give you the points for Telion, the extra 2 Sternguard, the Terminator armour and a Epistolary upgrade from the Librarian. I think that should leave you just enough for 2 displacer beacons and either a few more combi weapons or Heavy Flamers for your Sternguard. Nothing quite like popping a transport with one combat squad and roasting the contents with another
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

In regards to the Libby the upgrades make sense though wouldn't he be more useful gating around the SG than the termis?

Pedro's SG squad started at 10 but was cut to fit point constraints, I have a ton of converted SG so adding a few shouldn't be a problem.

Dropping a Tac squad is feasible though I'm not sure I like what this does to my model count...

I could also drop the termis, grab the upgrades for the Libby, get Telion, get the other 2 SG and then look at adding a couple men to each scout squad. I don't have my dex on me so I'll have to look later and play with lists.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

The reason I suggested the Terminators is that GoI is their best way of getting into the fight quickly and reliably - deep striking means they might not turn up until turn 5. You can always switch to the SG in turn 2 or 3...

Here's how I'd do it.

Deploy: Scouts close to or on objectives, or if Annihilation about 6-12" onto the board in cover. Terminators and the Librarian goes as far forward as possible in cover roughly in the middle of the board.
    Turn 1: bring down the Sternguard pods down and walk the terminators.
    Turn 2: Gate the Terminators to one of the Drop Pods, using the locator beacons to eliminate scatter.

Then you've got a tactical squad in reserve coming down in a pod where you need it most, that can use the other locator beacons to land close and reinforce your gunline.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

291 (x6)

Very sound strategy there.... I like it and I think I'll go with it to be honest.

I went out and bought Telion last night and based a scout squad and a SG squad so I should begin painting them up tonight.

I'll try to get an updated list posted up just for giggles... thanks for the help!

+ Reply to Thread