Cadian Mech List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cadian Mech List

Hi folks just got a question about a general mech list )not too bothered about points atm. Any suggestions on the composition of the vet squads would be much apreciated.

HQ

Command Command Squad:
    Master of Ordanance
    vox
    Reg Flag
    Lascannon
    Chimera

Elities

Storm Trooper squad
    Flamer/Grenade launcher
    Vendetta

Troops

Vet Squad 1
    Vox
    Melta x3
    Grenadier
    Chimera

Vet Squad 2
    Vox
    Melta x3
    Grenadier
    Chimera

Vet 3
    Vox
    Meltax2
    Flamer
    Lascannon
    Demo (not sure)
    Chimera

Vet 4-5
    Vox
    flamer
    plasma gun/nade (havent decided yet)
    Lascannon/autocannon
    Chimera

Heavy Support
    3 normal leman russes
    1 executioner or demolisher dependin on if im facing marine etc

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Reg flag, MoO and heavy weapons aren't needed if you're mech, you want to stay inside and keep moving. Don't worry about orders, you've got BS4.

Stormies suck.

Carapace and Demolitions is overpriced and not really useful.

3 Meltas or 2 Meltas and 1 Heavy Flamer.

No need for voxes, you can't get orders inside a Chimera.

Squadrons are bad. Normal Russes are bad. 2 Demos and an Executioner would be nice.

More Vendettas are always handy.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x2)

==ME== has some sound advice here. If you are wondering where to take it, I would suggest losing the lascannons, voxs, and flag, like he suggests, and then upgrading all of your heavies as you see appropriate. You will probable even have points left over. Then go from there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

darn it lol ,spent ages modellin that MoO

OKay so what ur saying is just go for infantry in my vet squads.

Russ wise, ive already got like 3 normal russes, but only one ex so il have to use them for now.

alrighty heres the rerun

Command Squad
    commander-
    thinking of using some flamers and plasma guns in the mix to help hold positions

Vet Squads 1-4

Melta x2
    Flamer x1
    chimera

Vet Squad 5- made to hold positions and take them
    2xgrenade launchers
    1xflamer
    Grenadier
    chimera

the armour will be stayin the same until i get a demolisher or two

ive done a reasonable ammmount of damage with stormies, il keep them as an option i think

cheers for the feedback by the way

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

To your new list

HQ: If your Vets are armed with Melta guns and flamers i'd give these boys some plasma guns for taking down Mech Squads and Monstrous creatures, Although i'd give them Melta guns for reasons i'll come onto in a moment

TRROPS: Ok well Vets. I'd keep all the weapons the same in a squad to better define what role it is you want it for. Jack of all trade squads are never very good at doing anything. Now unlike ==That Guy== i'm a big fan of the Demolitions doctrine. The Democharge can come in some serious use when you're fighting MEQs. I'd only put the Demo on plasma and flamer vets though as these squads are there for taking down infantry. The melta bombs means these guys can take down vehicles and dreads if the Melta vets are off doing something else (or dead) or theres no hoards to kill. I'd swap out a Melta vet squad for a plasma vet squad with a Democharge and chuck the meltas on the CCS

Vet squad 5: If you want this squad to go and hold an objective I'd give them Camo cloaks. Place the objective in cover and your opponent will have some real trouble shifting you. Rr you can give them Harker who gives them infiltrate and stealth meaning you can be on said objective from turn one and still be hard to shift. You wouldn't need the Chimera then giving you55pts to spend on something else funky. I'd drop the Flamer and go for another launcher too.

Stormies: They work well against certain opponents but thats really their problem. They're so race specific they're not much use in an all comers list. I find they really work well against things like eldar who have relativly low toughness but good armour. But against my main opponents which are Orks and Death Guard they're pretty much useless.

+ Reply to Thread