2500 ig/dh - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2500 ig/dh

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

2500 ig/dh

Yup, once again I have concocted an allied Grey Knights list, this time I took a more competitive look at a list than what I wanted to do for fluff (though it does exists). Any who, here we go, you know what to do.

HQ
    • Company Command Squad - x4 Grenade Launcher, Chimera (Multilaser, Heavy Flamer) - 125

Elites
    • Psyker Battle Squad - 9 psykers, Chimera (Multilaser, Heavy Flamer) - 165
    • Psyker Battle Squad - 9 psykers, Chimera (Multilaser, Heavy Flamer) - 165
    • Grey Knight Brother Captain - Psycannon, x4 Retinue (x1 Psycannon) - 300

Troop
    • Veteran Squad - x3 Meltagun, Chimera (Multilaser, Heavy Flamer) - 155
    • Grey Knight Squad - x8 Grey Knights, Justicar, Incinerator - 265
    • Grey Knight Squad - x8 Grey Knights, Justicar, Incinerator - 265

Fast Attack
    • Vendetta Gunship - xx
    • Vendetta Gunship - xx

Heavy Support
    • Leman Russ Demolisher - xx
    • Leman Russ Demolisher - xx
    • Leman Russ Eradicator - xx

Total: 2000

Scoring Units - 5
    Kill Points - 16 (Need some help on this. Are the Senior Officer and Brother-Captain are counted a a separate kill point from the rest of the squad?)

Not quite sure on the company command squad. I don't feel like I need anymore melta guns and seeing as how I only have the points for two of them, grenades or flamers would be the best route. Any advice on whether to go with GLs, Flamers, or 2 Flamers/1 HFlamer?

Terminators will deep strike and start killing things, a bit worried about attracting a pie plate or something right on top of them after deep striking, though.

Psyker Squads will most of the time be using weaken resolve left and right.

Veterans do their thing with meltaguns. PAGKs ride in the Vendettas and either outflank or scout depending on what is needed. What are thoughts about dropping 1 GK from each squad then picking up another incinerator each and having another 20 points to play with? (don't know what to get with this though)

After their job ferrying the Knights around is done the Vendettas will go tank hunting.

Eradicator kills non-MEQs and stuff in cover, Demolishers kill everything else.

Last edited by Hockeyman506; July 8th, 2009 at 14:01.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

951 (x8)

HQ: CCS is nice and cheap. Grey knight termies are good. Considder a psy hood on the BC to save you from 42% of enemy psy powers. the grey knight version still effects the whole table.
    Why not put the terminators in a vendetta? They could outflank or if you get the first turn you can use the scout move to get to 13" range and point your rear ramp towards the enemy. On your turn one disembark 2" from the ramp then move and charge into combat. Incinerators may be better on this unit.

Elites: Why not make the GK termies into an elites choice? That way it saves you a kill point as the character + retinue become a squad with sargeant. PBS are ok but I would keep the HB on the front of these chimeras since they should be staying at the back more than the others.

Troops: Vets are great. Make one PAGK unit into 10 storm bolter guys (footslogging) and the other into a smaller unit with 2 incinerators travelling in the skimmer.

Fast: Door gunners if you can afford it.

Heavy: My favourites are standard Russ with palsma sponsons. If you need more points take 2 and a hydra. The tanks you have at the moment are still fine.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

184 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Cat View Post
    HQ: CCS is nice and cheap. Grey knight termies are good. Considder a psy hood on the BC to save you from 42% of enemy psy powers. the grey knight version still effects the whole table.

Why not put the terminators in a vendetta? They could outflank or if you get the first turn you can use the scout move to get to 13" range and point your rear ramp towards the enemy. On your turn one disembark 2" from the ramp then move and charge into combat. Incinerators may be better on this unit.
    Trying to convince my gaming group that Termies can ride in a Vendetta might be a difficult task. I expect they'd start quoting 'Ard Boy's unofficial rules and such. Unless there is another valid argument the other way?

Psychic Hood is a very good idea, looking to free up points for it.

Elites: Why not make the GK termies into an elites choice? That way it saves you a kill point as the character + retinue become a squad with sargeant. PBS are ok but I would keep the HB on the front of these chimeras since they should be staying at the back more than the others.
    Complete dunce move on my part there, Termies are definitely supposed to be in the Elite slot

Was also very much considering the Heavy Bolters for the Pill Box effect, will switch them out.

Troops: Vets are great. Make one PAGK unit into 10 storm bolter guys (footslogging) and the other into a smaller unit with 2 incinerators travelling in the skimmer.
    Your suggested PAGK would be very viable, but like I said, the Termies are probably going to have to be deep striking.

Fast: Door gunners if you can afford it.
    Why? Sure they're cheap, but these will be tagging vehicles most of the time and from what I've seen the arc of fire on the door guns are rather shoddy.

Heavy: My favourites are standard Russ with palsma sponsons. If you need more points take 2 and a hydra. The tanks you have at the moment are still fine.
    While I do really like the russ, I like the Demolisher better, certainly it can't sit back and snipe, but it does have Str 10 AP 2 goodness in a large blast. I honestly wouldn't mind Plasma sponsons, but I dont really have the point for it unless I sack the Eradicator. The anti-cover save is very big for me as people where I play like to hide out in cover or do something like that damned 2 Broods of Gaunts tiered to give each other cover saves in the open (I usually don't play these people as I think its a douche move, but you never know).

If I were to keep the Grey Knights as footsloggers and load vets in the Vendettas, what do you think I could do with the extra 110 points?
    Last edited by Hockeyman506; July 9th, 2009 at 22:36.

+ Reply to Thread