Competitive 1,000 pt. mech list? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Competitive 1,000 pt. mech list?

Hi all, sorry about my absence, here's what I'm thinking:

HQ: CCS w/ 2 Plasma Gun in a Chimera, Hunter-Killer Missile [145 pt.]
    Troop: Vet squad w/ 3 Meltaguns in a Chimera, Hunter-Killer Missile [165 pt.]
    Heavy Support: Demolisher w/ LC hull [180 pt.]
    Heavy Support: Demolisher w/ LC hull [180 pt.]

I think this has the potential to be a pretty brutal list. Literally everything is in (or is a) vehicle, and all the special weapons are very hurty. I had 40 points sitting around so I decided to toss a HK missile on all my Chims; the way I look at it, there's no reason not to fire off that missile first turn when you are still fairly far away from the enemy, and with all 4 (plus the 2 LC hulls) you're in a pretty good position to mess up a few vehicles turn one (before the meltas go in and do the close-up work), BS3 and all.

I have not tested this list at all, it was something that I came up with off the top of my head today. What do you think? Good, bad? Somewhere in between?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

The list looks fine mate. Personally i'd loose one melta vet squad for a Plasma Squad for taking out those Pesky MEQ squads. With the CCS you'll have a nice even balence of Melta and Plasma. To find the points maybe loose the HKM but eh, thats just me nit-picking.

I asume you're going for Multilaser/H'Flamer on the Chimera to give you antihoardiness.

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Is all i can say to that list mate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the response, Lord Borak. I always enjoy reading your work.

Yes, I do run Chims with Heavy Flamers and Multi-laser. I wouldn't do it any other way I'm still a little bit torn on those last 50ish points and whether to change a Vet squad from Chimelta into Chiplasma. Otherwise, instead of getting those HK's, I could always get a Sentinel with an AC or LC (lol ). I just get a little worried with Plasma because I seem to have bad luck with them (darn 'Get Hot!' rolls). I'll try to playtest the list and see what comes of it, but until then I'm still open to suggestions.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Hmmm, well i actually think HKM are a good investment. The way i look at it is: Can it make its points back? 40pts on 4 Str8 shots? You should be able to take down some skimmers at the very least with 4 of them so yeah i think they're worth it. Not that mine ever hit anyway lol.

Ok then, Heres a Question for you. What are you going to do about holding your home objective? All your Vet squads are geared up for racing into the face of the enemy. Why not have a fairly cheap arse squad sitting at the back with 3 Grenade Launchers and a Missile Launcher (the same pts as the melta squad too). They can sit at your objective and plink templates at the enemy all day long.

50pts? Thought you had 40 to play with? With 40pts you'd get a flanking sentinel with a Multilaser. I'd keep the HKM as you're more likely to earn those points back. Plus you could do with the long ranged antitank in that list.
    Last edited by Lord Borak; July 11th, 2009 at 10:53.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    52 (x1)

Oh nasty.

I'd fear playing this list in a 1k pt. Personally, I field something very similar, but with Vendettas.
    Maybe you could drop the LC on the Demolishers and the HK and slot in Marbo for the demo charge?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

HKM and hull lascannons are trash. BS3 kills them, and even then they aren't great tank busters anyway.

With those 90 odd points you can pick up a pair of autocannon Sentinels, a Hydra, Rambo, or an allied Inquisitor.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may take out the 40 points from the HK and get a Scout Sentinel w/ AC. Really the issue is whether I get a lot of turn one anti-tank spam or get 2 Str 7 shots throughout the game (hopefully) from a vehicle hidden in cover. I dunno.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    454 (x7)

Won't the lack of extra armour on the chimera's come back to haunt you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Not for 15 points it won't Instead of tricking out your expendable units, just take more so if 1 or 2 can't move you've got 4 left to get the job done.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by TheoryCraft View Post
    Hunter-Killer Missile [145 pt.]
    Hunter-Killer Missile [165 pt.]
    Maybe find somewhere else to spend these points brother. One shot krak missiles for ** points a pop seem like weak sauce to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast