2000pts Bike-Raider - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

2000pts Bike-Raider

HQ - 236
    Biker Captain w/ Combi-Melta (with a Bike Squad)
    GK Brother-Captain w/ Psychic Hood & Unguents (with a Tac Squad in the Crusader)

Troops - 750
    Tactical Squad x4 & Sgt w/ Chainsword (In the LRC)
    Tactical Squad x4 & Sgt w/ Chainsword (In the LRG)
    Bike Squad
    -- +1 Bikers
    -- Sgt w/ Meltabombs
    -- 2x Meltagun
    -- MM Attack Bike
    Bike Squad
    -- +1 Biker
    -- Sgt w/ Meltabombs
    -- 2x Meltagun
    -- MM Attack Bike
    Bike Squad
    -- +1 Biker
    -- Sgt w/ Meltabombs
    -- 2x Meltagun
    -- MM Attack Bike

Fast Attack - 460
    Scout Bikers x3 & Sgt w/ Powerfist & Meltabombs, 3x AGL, Trip Mines
    Scout Bikers x3 & Sgt w/ Powerfist & Meltabombs, 3x AGL, Trip Mines
    Land Speeder x2 w/ HF/ MM

Heavy Support - 550
    Land Raider w/ Multimelta & Extra Armour
    Land Raider Crusader w/ Multimelta & Extra Armour

12 Kill Points, 2 scoring Land Raiders, more Melta than you could shake a stick at, plus 2 Scout Biker squads for funsies and a pair of Land Speeders. Maths might be off a bit but it should be okay. I think. The BroCap is there to provide a nice Ld10 infinite-range Psychic Hood which should prevent the Bikes being Lashed into terrain or Doomed; the Unguents were just to use up 10pts >_<

C&C welcome

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Fun idea for a list, I always wanted to see a Bike army. I only have a few suggestions.

The Land Raiders don't do much in the way of a threat. The squads they carry are....underwhelming. If you want to run Land Raiders, give them some truly scary cargo or drop down to 1 and use the points to give it a better unit!

I'd like to see more Bikes though. They're super fast and tough with Marines on them, and having a horde of them would make shooting armies cry, and you can run from almost any CC list until you widdle them down. A regular Space Marines Librarian can have a Bike, and he will always be in range for his Hood on one. Between him and kitting out the Captain for CC, you have some ICs who can break away to eat infantry or charge with Bikers and take down almost anything.

Just my 2 cents, but more Bikes, dropping one Raider and making the other Raider have some better cargo would make the list more mobile and scarier.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of Excess View Post
    The Land Raiders don't do much in the way of a threat. The squads they carry are....underwhelming. If you want to run Land Raiders, give them some truly scary cargo or drop down to 1 and use the points to give it a better unit!
    I think you've missed the point - this way he has 2 AV14 vehicles that, because of their 'underwhelming' cargo, count as scoring units. Who cares if the scouts are a bit crap? They will hopefully never need to get out of the vehicle.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheque View Post
    I think you've missed the point - this way he has 2 AV14 vehicles that, because of their 'underwhelming' cargo, count as scoring units. Who cares if the scouts are a bit crap? They will hopefully never need to get out of the vehicle.
    That's it precisely

The reason I think this will run well is because it's basically a fog of Melta-totin' Bikers rolling out ahead of a pair of scoring Land Raiders. You want to Melta the LRs? Here's 10 Bikes you have to get through first. The scoring LRs also make the Bike Squads almost expendable; and, strange as it might be to say it, vice versa. Expendable Land Raider... ouch

Adding more Bikes would be nice, and if I was building up to 2500pts that'd be the first thing I did (second thing would be a big fat Thunderfire Cannon, just "because"... ), but I kind of like the balance the list has at the moment.

+ Reply to Thread