1750, Dreadnoughts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Nit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750, Dreadnoughts

Hi Guys,
    New Ironclad model is coming soon that is why i created such list:
    Code:
    1 Master of the Forge @ 120 Pts -- Combi-Plasmagun
    1 Servitor @ 10 Pts -- Servo Arm
    10 Tactical Squad @ 240 Pts -- Flamer; Lascannon; Sergeant: Power Fist
       Rhino
    10 Tactical Squad @ 240 Pts -- Flamer; Lascannon; Sergeant: Power Fist
       Rhino
    5 Scout Squad @ 100 Pts -- Camo Cloaks; Sniper Rifle (x4); Missile Launcher
    1 Ironclad Dreadnought @ 165 Pts -- Dreadnought CCW; Seismic Hammer; Heavy Flamer(x2); Ironclad Assault Launchers
    1 Ironclad Dreadnought @ 165 Pts -- Dreadnought CCW; Seismic Hammer; Heavy Flamer(x2); Ironclad Assault Launchers
    1 Dreadnought @ 145 Pts -- Twin Linked Lascannon; Twin Linked Autocannon
    1 Dreadnought @ 145 Pts -- Twin Linked Lascannon; Twin Linked Autocannon
    2 Attack Bike Squad @ 100 Pts -- Multi-Meltas
    Model Count: 37
    Total Roster Cost: 1750
    I not sure about dreadnought's autocannons and I'm thinking to replace these with missile launcher. What do you think about it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hhhhhhhhhhhmmmm 4 ironclads with no drop pods is a massive waste of points seeing as it will take them at least 2 turns to get into CC. Id forget the ironclads and get normal dreadnoughts if your gonna walk them all. Maybe the good old assault cannon/heavy flamer loadout which can pretty much handle any situation. Id never take away a DCCW if you want shooty get tanks,landspeeders or attack bikes because dreadnoughts definatley make there mark shooting then assaulting things.

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

I've seen this list played before. He ran 2 Masters of the Forge with Conversion beams as a long range tank/elite killer.

His Troops were 2 Tac squads in Rhinos with Meltas, just a good scoring unit with low points and easy to keep alive, deliver to objectives and hunting tanks that don't die to the Dreads.

The Dreads were three normals with Autocannons and Missile Launchers. He had 2 Ironclads in Drop Pods with Heavy Flamers.

He did really well, I'm not sure if I left some things out, it wasn't that recently I saw the army, but it was def effective. I'd recommend something like that, for sure a cool army. :]
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Nit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My another idea is to replace two dreads with autocannons and the servitor with three Typhoon with multimeltas. Will be it better?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

No idea. You're trading light vehicle busting at ranged for heavy vehicle busting up close. Personally I'd drop the CC dreads. They're pretty expensive, not very reliable and certain armies can just ignore them. The long range Dreads can pop transports and the Tactical squad can drive by them. If you need Multi-Meltas Attack Bikes are cheaper.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id drop both long range dreadnoughts seeing as dreadnoughts without a DCCW are pointless when you can have predators kitted out with lascannons for even better anti tank..

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by MechMan View Post
    Id drop both long range dreadnoughts seeing as dreadnoughts without a DCCW are pointless when you can have predators kitted out with lascannons for even better anti tank..
    I'd rather have the dread myself, as it can move 6" and fire all it's guns.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

Meltas for high armor and Auto Cannons MLs for light armor imho. Not a fan of lascannons, bad experiences.

+ Reply to Thread