1k mech IG list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1k mech IG list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1k mech IG list

hello everyone, been deployed since the new dex came out so i have not had the opportunity to try this list in any actual game play yet, i was hoping you guys could offer any advice. I realize its only 1k points but i figured start small with an easily scalable list so that i could focus on plugging any weaknesses as the points went up. also ive researched as much as possible what other people have had success with on the forums.

HQ
    CCS (80)
    Melta x3

Elite
    PBS (100)
    +4 Psykers

Inquisitor (32)
    Mystics x2

Troops
    Vet Squad 1 (100)
    Melta x3

Vet Squad 2 (100)
    Flamer x2
    Heavy Flamer

HS
    Leman Russ (150)
    HHF

Leman Russ Demolisher (165)
    HHF

Chimera x5 (275)
    Multi Lazer
    HHF

Total (1002)

My main question is how bad am i going to be hurting on some of these scenarios with only 2 troop choices? it would be easy enough to drop the PBS for another Vet Squad of whatever flavor. Also would i be better served dropping the HF on squad 2 for a regular one in order to free points up for something else, as there is one on every vehicle? Any input would be appreciated, thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Pibbles View Post
    My main question is how bad am i going to be hurting on some of these scenarios with only 2 troop choices?
    People do tend to target troops now in games where you need scoring units (66% of the time). On the other hand it is only 1k points and your guys are in chimeras. Keep them protected and use your other stuff as the front line, send them after isolated units but be careful the target is not bait.

If your not going to use them aggressively maybe you could drop them for an PCS and 10 x 2 guardsmen. Your only 25 points shy of another chimera then, even with keeping the weapons (give the 1 extra from each vet squad to the PCS).

Quote Originally Posted by Pibbles View Post
    Also would i be better served dropping the HF on squad 2 for a regular one in order to free points up for something else, as there is one on every vehicle? .
    I would just because it is so many points. I'd only take it if I was trying to clear a bunker (playing planetstrike as attacker).

Now you are only 5 points away from an extra chimera. Or you could have a unit walk, keeping up with the move move move order when no other orders can be used. I like to have infantry protect vehicles anyway. But you have the mystics...

Good list though. You could do it either way (2 troops or 3, but I like psykers)

I like the list though.
    Last edited by darby5; July 16th, 2009 at 00:24.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

I'd keep the PBS, they'll be prioritised higher than everything bar your russes. Just keep their chimera out of harms way.

The inquisitor has to take a chimera from the DH codex, you only have 4 IG units with chimera options so you can only take 4 chimeras from the IG codex. Dropping 3 additional psykers from the PBS would be IMO the best way to solve this problem, most things will run with -5 LD anyway.

You could also drop vet squad 2's heavy flamer and take 2 HB sponsonson your vanilla russ.

Overall the list looks good, there's just a few minor things.

The Emperor Protects.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you both for your input, thanks darby5 i do see myself as more of a defensive player so im gonna make up another list without the vets and see how it looks. Im kinda adverse to having 1 squad foot slog it as it wouldn't feel like a real mech list to me. If i do drop the vets is the lack of special weapon concentration going to hurt at all, and the BS 3....ughh.

Kevin V, thank you for pointing that out about needing the DH Chimera, didn't know. ill see if i can talk to my brother about point values (he plays DH so has the dex) and see if i need to readjust. ill play with the idea of dropping down to 5 in the PBS, its just that everyone else seems to run 8.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

I led you astray. The PCS + 2 troops is only one troop choice. Sorry noob mistake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doh, i didnt catch that myself so shame on me too.

+ Reply to Thread