Campaign Army List 500pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Campaign Army List 500pts

Hi Everyone, so to start out with, some friends and I are starting a campaign this week. We're starting at 500pts and working our way up 250pts at a time after each round of battles. There's 4 of us so we're coming up with a round robin kinda thing. I love the guard just for the ability to completely outnumber and outshoot any opponent. And with that in mind I'm going for an all infantry army list. Let me know what you think.

CAMPAIGN ARMY LIST

--500 POINTS--

-HQ- = 70pts

Company Command Squad
    - Lascannon
    total = 70pts

-TROOPS- = 430pts

Infantry Platoon #1

- Platoon Command Squad

- Infantry Squad
    - Grenade Launcher

- Infantry Squad
    - Grenade Launcher

- Heavy Weapons Squad
    - Autocannons

total = 215pts

Infantry Platoon #2

- Platoon Command Squad

- Infantry Squad
    - Grenade Launcher

- Infantry Squad
    - Grenade Launcher

- Heavy Weapons Squad
    - Autocannons

total = 215pts

So, I'm hoping this works out to be a fairly balanced list at 500pts.
    Just so you know what I'm up against,

Tyranids - 20 or so gaunts, a carnifex, a zoanthrope, a broodlord and 5 or 6 genestealers.

Black Templar - Dreadnaught, 2 rhinos with a 6-man squad in each and his HQ, a Castellan or something?

Sisters of Battle - 2 squads of 10 sisters, and 5 sisters repentia, and some HQ (not sure what)

The Tyranids were the one I was most worried about, but I'm hoping to just force enough wounds on his fex and zoanthrope that he's bound to fail some saves.

The sisters will have a very long walk across the board, I don't expect too many of them to even make it there.

And the templar I think has too many eggs in one metaphorical armoured walking basket.

Well, let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

The real problem against the Carnifex will come with him shooting your HWS's. Any S6 wound will remove an entire model, and once those two units are decimated you're going to have a VERY hard time putting enough wounds on him to force him to fail saves.

I know you want to go all-infantry, but if you're serious about combating the Carnifex I'd probably recommend devouring one of your HWS to get a Chimera and more firepower for your CCS and use it as a dedicated anti-armor/MC unit (make use of the BS4 man!.

Last edited by Darguth; July 16th, 2009 at 19:35.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

you could drop a infantry platoon, replacing it with a vet squad with 3 plasma guns and a lascannon in a chimera with multilaser & heavy flamer, it'd give you some points to spend on other stuff and can handle everything listed above, (as in obviously not on it's own but it'll be very useful against all of them).

You could then drop the autocannon HWS in Platoon 1, get another squad in there and give every squad an autocannon and you could give your HQ squad a plasma gun or a couple of grenade launchers or snipers or something similar. You'd still have plenty of transport stopping stuff but you'd also have alot more stuff to deal with his fex and zoanthrope (one round of rapid firing vet plasma should be able to deal with both), and also some AP3 for that pesky power armour.
    and on the 8th day god made a talking poodle and forgot all about us
    The rep button is good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given the lists that you are going against, I actually rather like your list. That being said I'd make some reccommendations so you don't end up with all your eggs in one basket:

-HQ- = 80pts

Company Command Squad
    - Lascannon, 2x Grenade launchers
    total = 80pts

-TROOPS- = 420pts

Infantry Platoon #1

- Platoon Command Squad
    - 2x Flamer

- Infantry Squad
    - Grenade Launcher, Autocannon

- Infantry Squad

- Infantry Squad

- Infantry Squad

total = 300pts

-Veterans
    -Lascannon, 2x Plasma gun

total = 120pts

This gives you more heavy hitting firepower, takes away fragile units like HWS, and puts the heavy weapons in squads where they are better protected. I would Group your infantry squads into 2 20 man groups. This list also gets rid of the extra PCS with no upgrades, a bit of a waste.
    Last edited by cman2001; July 16th, 2009 at 23:58. Reason: Corrected Point values

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

cman2001 I think you've done your adding up wrong: in troops you've listed 120pts of vets and a 300pt platoon but said the total for troops is 430. Also the vets need a third plasma gun from somewhere but still that is a pretty strong list to fight everything he's fighting so it's got my approval. Not sure how assault weapon grenade launchers will work too well with the lascannon in the HQ though, if you have done your maths wrong you could drop one and give the vets that ll important 3rd plasma gunner (it's an extra wound off MC's, an extra kill and a bit vs smurf's and SoB's.
    The rep button is good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosmaster View Post
    cman2001 I think you've done your adding up wrong: in troops you've listed 120pts of vets and a 300pt platoon but said the total for troops is 430. Also the vets need a third plasma gun from somewhere but still that is a pretty strong list to fight everything he's fighting so it's got my approval. Not sure how assault weapon grenade launchers will work too well with the lascannon in the HQ though, if you have done your maths wrong you could drop one and give the vets that ll important 3rd plasma gunner (it's an extra wound off MC's, an extra kill and a bit vs smurf's and SoB's.
    You're right I had neglected to fix the point totals, I have now edited them. The math was correct

Can the vets have 3 specials AND 1 heavy? If so that makes things easy, remove the 2 GL from the CCS, one FL from the PCS and then add the plasma. Sorry if I got this wrong, codex is at home.

I HAD put the GL with the CCS because I didn't want to completely fill the PCS with special weapons, I like having at least one free body to take hits if I don't have a hull around them.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

I'm really liking cmans list. He's pretty much said everything i was going to say.

However (yes theres always a however ) I'll make my comments on his list.

HQ: Drop the G-Launchers. If these boys are going to be shooting tanks/big things they're not keeded. Use the points on grabbing the Vets a 3'd plasma.

TROOPS:
    -Platoon - Perfect
    -Vets - Again, spot on. would nice if they had camo though. No idea where you'd get the points though

This is totaly my opinion but........I'd also see about ditching one Infantry squad and grabbing a Griffon. You can hide this boy somewhere out of sight and he can pound hoards all day long. A large Str6 Blast can do some nasty damage to Marines Aswell. I really think Griffons are overlooked too much.
    -Marines get their save but you wound on 2's
    -Sisters get their save but characters get insta killed. Repentia don't get their save at all.
    -Nids, only a Fex/tyrant/'throap will get a save, the rest your wounding/killing on 2's

Remember it's barrage as well.
    Last edited by Lord Borak; July 17th, 2009 at 09:11.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

vet's do indeed get to take 3 special weapons and 1 heavy weapon, even in the old codex I took 3 squad's when they were elites cause of their ability to do that.
    The rep button is good

+ Reply to Thread