1850 SM Army PLZ HELP - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 SM Army PLZ HELP

HQ: - 135
    Captain - 135
    -Jump Pack, Power Weapon + combat sheild

Elite: 250
    Dreadnaught - 125
    -Assult Cannon, TL Auto Cannon

Dreadnaught - 125

Troops: 705
    10 man tactical Squad -235
    - Rhino, Missle Launcher, Melta Gun, Sgt: Pow Fist.

Fast Attack: 510
    6 Man Vangard Vet Squad- 275
    - Jump Packs, 5 Power Weapons, Sgt. Pow. Fist

5 Man Bike Squadren + Attack Bike - 235
    - 2 melta Guns, Sgt: Power Fist, Attack Bike: Multi Melta

Heavy Support: 255
    Preditor- 85
    -Auto Cannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Preditor- 85

Preditor- 85

Troop Count: 42
    Transports: 3
    Vehicles/Walkers: 5
    1855pts

Hey So before the bashing and nitpicking begins I'll give you some insight as to how i Play this list (also this is an active list not fictional so i would really like some input as to actually improve it) So for starters I went with the Captain, instead of the Chaplin beacuse I pay 15 points extra for +1 WS, W, and I I think thats completely worth it. He of course accompanies the Vangard, and I know i', gona take flack on the 5 power weapons being pricey, and i have been considering changing it around; that being said this is a unit that usually earns its points back and is a terror on the feild. I usually have my dreads Accompanying the Dakka preds, I sometimes run them with Pow. Claws to protect the tanks from deap strikers, in this form, they Provide some additional Omph and help with Big Bugs, and Infantry. Also I would Ideally like them to be kitted out with Lascannons to give me the anti tank fire that my Tac Squads and bikes will not be able to immediately give me. The Tac Squads in Rinos, Secure and hold objectives, while my Captan and his Squad, give me some counter charge where i need it. The bikes are there for Flanking and tank hunting as well, they generally take the opposite side of the field from which i deploy my Assaulting Vangaurd/Captain squad. That being said, while this list has met with some Sucsess it does have its flaws and am very open to suggestion.

-Tanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This list is perfect I cant find a flaw with it. The only thing I could comment on would be the vangaurds and even then there awesome its just they can be hit or miss with heroic intervention.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Mechman, but from experience it's hardly perfect. I have about a 70% success rate depending on the mission and opponent.

Anyways thinks I was thinking, A) possibly taking out a tac squad and putting another bike squad in, not my favorite idea, but I kinda like the idea of the two bike squads wreaking havoc. getting those Dredd's kitted up with Autocannon Lascannon combination, I sometimes use the Plasma, but i really just am not a fan. C) other constructive criticism/advice.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by proxy406 View Post
    HQ: - 135
    Captain - 135
    -Jump Pack, Power Weapon + combat sheild

Dreadnaught - 125

Dreadnaught - 125

Fast Attack: 510

5 Man Bike Squadren + Attack Bike - 235
    - 2 melta Guns, Sgt: Power Fist, Attack Bike: Multi Melta

Preditor- 85

Preditor- 85

Preditor- 85

1855pts

Hey So before the bashing and nitpicking begins I'll give you some insight as to how i Play this list (also this is an active list not fictional so i would really like some input as to actually improve it) So for starters I went with the Captain, instead of the Chaplin beacuse I pay 15 points extra for +1 WS, W, and I I think thats completely worth it. He of course accompanies the Vangard, and I know i', gona take flack on the 5 power weapons being pricey, and i have been considering changing it around; that being said this is a unit that usually earns its points back and is a terror on the feild. I usually have my dreads Accompanying the Dakka preds, I sometimes run them with Pow. Claws to protect the tanks from deap strikers, in this form, they Provide some additional Omph and help with Big Bugs, and Infantry. Also I would Ideally like them to be kitted out with Lascannons to give me the anti tank fire that my Tac Squads and bikes will not be able to immediately give me. The Tac Squads in Rinos, Secure and hold objectives, while my Captan and his Squad, give me some counter charge where i need it. The bikes are there for Flanking and tank hunting as well, they generally take the opposite side of the field from which i deploy my Assaulting Vangaurd/Captain squad. That being said, while this list has met with some Sucsess it does have its flaws and am very open to suggestion.

-Tanks in advance.
    id like to point out that this army would be illegal in a tornament setting as it is 5 points over and your captain is priced at 135 points when the power weapon and jump pack alone on the captain are 140 and the combat shield was dropped in the 5th ed codex i assume you would mean storm shield but that would only raise the cost of your captain even more other than that it seems to be a very solid list
    Ask me about the Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Biscuits View Post
    id like to point out that this army would be illegal in a tornament setting as it is 5 points over and your captain is priced at 135 points when the power weapon and jump pack alone on the captain are 140 and the combat shield was dropped in the 5th ed codex i assume you would mean storm shield but that would only raise the cost of your captain even more other than that it seems to be a very solid list
    HQ: - 140
    Captain - 140
    -Jump Pack, Power Weapon

Dreadnaught - 125

Dreadnaught - 125

Fast Attack: 500

5 Man Bike Squadren + Attack Bike - 225
    - 2 melta Guns, Sgt: Power Weapon, Attack Bike: Multi Melta

Preditor- 85

Preditor- 85

Preditor- 85

1850pts

SO i realized i was looking at the wrong entry with the captain, and adjusted his points. dropped the powerfist off of the bike Sergent replaced with power weapon, so he's no complete crap in CC, with all that melta fire goodness, i can't see them needing the fist anyways. Plz I need more feedback, I'd like to get this squared away my sat.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

my only other real advice is to drop the jump pack on the captain as if he joins the vanguard squad they cant ssault the turn they deep strike
    Ask me about the Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well as I explained in my brief blurb on tactics, the unit wouldn't be deepstriking, as it would be the only unit doing so it would be shot to pieces. It takes the opposite flank of the bikes or acts as a counter charge unit following my tactical squads.

+ Reply to Thread