1 500pts tournament army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

1 500pts tournament army

HQ
    Captain Artificer Armour Relic Blade Storm Shield Auxilary Grenade Launcher Digital Weapons 185
    Elites
    Dreadnaught Multi Melta Drop Pod 140
    Troops
    10 Tactical Marines Sergeant Power Fist Meltagun Multi Melta Drop Pod Deathwind Launcher 245
    10 Tactical Marines Sergeant Power Weapon Meltabombs Meltagun Multi Melta Drop Pod Deathwind Launcher 240
    10 Tactical Marines Sergeant Melta Bombs Plasmagun Lascannon 185
    Heavy Support
    Land Raider Crusader Multi Melta Extra Armour 275
    5 Devastators 3 Plasma Cannons 1 Heavy Bolter 180

total 1450

if im put up against a shooty army then i jam my squads in drop pods in their face, blow up some tanks with masses melta fire and lock up their shooty units in combat while i await my other drop pod, and my captain to be let upon their lines from his cruader and my last tactical squad combat squads to hold any objectives.

atgainst an assault army ill drop in some empty drop pods to drop a few cheap pie plates on his lines, force him to bottle neck and if he has a weak squad on his home objective contest it or alternatively even block charges, while the regualar occpants are waiting in my deployment zone unloading led into the approaching force.

C&C welcomed as well as what to do with my last 50 points

Last edited by Mr. Biscuits; July 17th, 2009 at 05:51. Reason: more changes to my list
    Ask me about the Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Locator Beacons are not really necessary for Drop Pods. Due to its special rule, it can stop just before hitting impassable objects. And most of the time, your landing should be sufficiently close enough to each other that your shots will still result in a good crossfire.

Meltabombs in my opinion should always be the very last item, to spend that remaining X points that you just can't do anything about. Assuming you swapped out the Locator Beacons, you will have some points to mix in Powerfists or power weapons for your Sergeants.

I'm assuming your Captain is riding the Land Raider with the remaining Tactical Squad? While generally Tactical Squads are balanced enough for various roles, if you have the $$ to spare you may want a more assault oriented unit accompanying your Captain.

I'm also under the impression that your army is geared to be anti-horde? There's a slight lack of anti-tank firepower in your list, but you may already have this in plan based on your playing area.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Firaya View Post
    Locator Beacons are not really necessary for Drop Pods. Due to its special rule, it can stop just before hitting impassable objects. And most of the time, your landing should be sufficiently close enough to each other that your shots will still result in a good crossfire.

[I]i usually dont take them unless i add in either of my termie units, but i had a fair few points left over that i wouldnt be able to buy another unit with[/I]

Meltabombs in my opinion should always be the very last item, to spend that remaining X points that you just can't do anything about. Assuming you swapped out the Locator Beacons, you will have some points to mix in Powerfists or power weapons for your Sergeants.

i barely took any melta bombs, and they are for my sergeants that dont have power fists, personally im a huge fan of melta bombs, and they have saved my bacon time and time again aggainst enemy dreads defilers and soul grinders, in addition the sergeants in my pods already have either a power weapon or fist since theyre the ones who i expect to be close to any enemy models

I'm assuming your Captain is riding the Land Raider with the remaining Tactical Squad? While generally Tactical Squads are balanced enough for various roles, if you have the $$ to spare you may want a more assault oriented unit accompanying your Captain.

the remaining tactical squad is usually combat squaded to hold objectives not to be close up, my captain isnt meant to be going up against any tough enemy units, just their too shooty ones, i already have 2 termy squads and a full vanguard ones without jump packs i just couldnt find enough points to add an entire unit

I'm also under the impression that your army is geared to be anti-horde? There's a slight lack of anti-tank firepower in your list, but you may already have this in plan based on your playing area.
    i have 4 multi meltas i expect to have close to enemy lines as well as a power fist melta bombs and 2 meltaguns, other than that i face many ork and necron armies in my local area, so anti personel fire especially plasmacannons are very useful
    Last edited by Mr. Biscuits; July 17th, 2009 at 04:35.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

updated list

in an attempt to get some more assault poweer without losiing to much fire power i used those spare 50 points and dropped the devastators for some termies with an assault cannon and it fit nicely right in the 1 500 point mark

VHQ
    Captain Artificer Armour Relic Blade Storm Shield Auxilary Grenade Launcher Digital Weapons 185
    Elites
    5 Terminators Assault Cannon 230
    Troops
    10 Tactical Marines Sergeant Power Fist Meltagun Multi Melta Drop Pod Deathwind Launcher 245
    10 Tactical Marines Sergeant Power Weapon Meltabombs Meltagun Multi Melta Drop Pod Deathwind Launcher 240
    10 Tactical Marines Sergeant Melta Bombs Plasmagun Lascannon 185
    Heavy Support

total 1500

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

I reckon you could probably trim down the upgrades and then have enough points for a Scout Squad. Or at least an Attack Bike.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

i thouht about getting another scout squad but as an unemployed 15 year old even the smallest purchases are very costly so id prefer to stick to what i have i considered also doing a tactical squad spam as i have 6 in my collection but i ttrust this kindof list and its never given anyone an easy win

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

any other last minute criticism cuz the deadline for list submissions is about 1 hour 45 minutes away and i like to have mine in a little before that

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

the final list ill be using follows
    HQ
    Chaplain Combi Melta Melta Bombs 120
    Elites
    5 Terminators 200
    Troops
    10 Tactical Marines Plasmagun Lascannon 185
    5 Scouts Sergeant Power Fist
    Heavy Support

total 1500
    and ps the scouts i just borrowed from my brother until i can sfford a battleforcewhich comes with a nice little unit of them

+ Reply to Thread