1850 tourney army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 tourney army

Next week i've got the last round of my groups escalation league, which will be 1850 points. Basically if i can manage to win all 3 of my 1850 games ill win the tourney and win... bragging rights, yay! lol. Anyway, most of my opponents will be various flavours of space marines, space wolves, the green guys (black angels or something?) and 2 vanilla chapters. All of these guys play mostly mechanized armies, so this is the list i plan to bring to counter lots of vehicles and 2+/3+ saves. but i could also be fighting orks, tau, bugs, eldar, or another mech guard army. Also, we use a list of customized missions we found on the internet somewhere that for the most part minimize the penalty of having alot of killpoints on the table, and all have objectives of some point, so i feel my guard may be at an advantage.

HQ
    CCS - 90
    Standard, LC, vox
    (babysits infantry platoon)

Troops
    3x Vets - 3x(155)
    3 Meltas, Chimera w/ ML, HF
    (Drives forward, pop tanks, general ownage)

2x Vets - 2x(190 )
    3 Plasma, LC, Chimera w/ ML, HB
    (pillbox chimeras, last minute mid range objective grabbing, lots of ap2, anti deep strikers)

Platoon - 395
    PCS - 105
    4 flamers, chimera w/ ML, HF
    (anti-horde to accompany meltavets)

4x inf squads - 2x(70 ) + 2x(75)
    4 MLs, 4 GLs, 2 voxes
    (2 squads of 20, camp home objective, twin link krak launchers at transports)

Heavy Support
    2x LRBT - 2x(170 )
    Hull HB, sponson HBs
    (sit back and blast away whatever needs to die)

LR demolisher - 180
    Hull LC
    (stays mobile, always drving forward, mostly shoots at tanks)

Everythings got a specific role to fill, and i think ive got all my bases covered. lots of troops for objective control, lots of vehicle killing (mech marines, mech tau, mech eldar, and mech guard opponents). only think i can think of to change would be to swap the voxes for extra armour for the demolisher to keep it moving. Any C&C is welcomed , wish me luck!

Last edited by Tombo; July 17th, 2009 at 04:05. Reason: man those cyclops emotes are annoying, lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Looks good, i'd drop the lascannon on the company command squad and pick up some sponsonds on the demolisher if art all possible. The CCS will already be a high priority target and everytime your opponent kills someone it's someone important. If you lose the lascannon it will help them survive much longer.

If you can't get any sponsons for the demolisher then you should keep the lascannon.

Nice list, it's hard to critisize (spelling )

The Emperor Protects
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

I like your list, and think your blend of Plasmas and Meltas is wiser than the Melta heavy lists than some folk play.

Good luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I like your list, and think your blend of Plasmas and Meltas is wiser than the Melta heavy lists than some folk play
    same here, it looks like a solid list

wish me luck!
    Good luck.
    and on the 8th day god made a talking poodle and forgot all about us
    The rep button is good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kevin vanrooyen View Post
    Looks good, i'd drop the lascannon on the company command squad and pick up some sponsonds on the demolisher if art all possible. The CCS will already be a high priority target and everytime your opponent kills someone it's someone important. If you lose the lascannon it will help them survive much longer.

If you can't get any sponsons for the demolisher then you should keep the lascannon.

Nice list, it's hard to critisize (spelling )

The Emperor Protects
    Ive tried both plasma cannon and multimelta sponsons on the demolisher and didnt really like either option. Plasma cannons means I have to sit still to fire it all, making it a much more defensive tank. Great for anti deepstriker terminators and the like. But ive got 2 defensive LRBTs and 2 chimeras full of las/plas vets for that role so I want the deolisher on the offensive. Also with mulltimeltas I usually have to be moving forward the target to shoot them, which means its just one shot, usually not worth the ** points in my opinion. As for the CCS lascannon, Its pretty much there because I just hate wasting any bs4 in my army. Yes i know it raises the CCS's threat level, but I figure i might as well, they will always have the cover of the 40 dudes theyre bossing around in front of them, and if worse comes to worst I can hide them behind the las/plas vets chimeras or a wall or something. I was thinking of finding ** points somewhere to get them camo cloaks, the vox network would be the first to go, but id still need 5 more points form somewhere. Or I could downgrade all the missile launchers to autocannons. anyone have any suggestions?

And thanks for all the positive feedback guys!

+ Reply to Thread