1500 pt Valkyrie army, potential GT list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pt Valkyrie army, potential GT list

Primaris Psyker

10 Storm Troopers

10 Storm Troopers

10 Veterans
    -2 flamers
    -heavy flamer
    -Grenadiers
    -Demolitions

10 Veterans
    -3 Meltaguns
    -Grenadiers

10 Veterans
    -3 Plasmaguns
    -Grenadiers

10 Veterans
    -3 Plasmaguns
    -Grenadiers

Valkyrie
    -Multiple Rocketpods

Valkyrie
    -Multiple Rocketpods

2 Vendettas

Basically, the Flamer and Melta units go in the Valks, while the Plasmas go in the Vendettas. The entire army deep strikes apart from the Vendettas which outflank, allowing them to shoot all their guns on the turn they arrive. Let me know what you think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Seems like one of the cheesy new Valk lists all tournie players want to use. It would prolly win a lot, but if there's any kind of scoring for sportsmanship etc. you won't do well.

An army like that is no fun to play against.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Its not that terribly effective. It might be great, might not be. You might have an entire army arrive on turn 5. I've seen it before.

You need a command squad with an astropath for it to not be shot apart piecemeal.
    If anyone believes on telekinesis, raise my hand!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As you have it at the moment, your two Vendettas are squadroned and thus can only take out 1 vehicle per turn.

I see all of these lists with squadroned Valks/vendettas and cringe at how much that impeeds flexibility.

Does anyone see this as a problem besides me? Does anyone have experiences (positive or negitive) with this?

I Sincerely Want a Parrot counterwavecounter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

I actually think this list is weak especially if you're looking to bring it to a Grand Tournament to compete with some of the best lists and players in 40K.

1. You don't have nearly enough Guardsmen, a T3 Sv4+ model is still T3 and all your expensive Storm-Troopers and Grenadiers will be insta-killed left right and center.
    2. Where's the armor? 5th edition is all about Mech and players will be catering there lists to deal with Mech which means high S weapons for popping transports and 4 AV12 vehicles just won't cut it.

Guardsmen need our Heavy Weapons, Heavy Tanks, and numbers to survive, your list doesn't include any of these. If you want an Elite army of hardcore super-troopers you'll have more success with Space Marines. However, it looks like a lot of fun to play with and I can see it at least putting up a fight... winning is a different matter.
    "The man in the bowler hat is Mr. Average in his anonymity. I, too, wear one; I have no great desire to stand out from the masses." - Rene Magritte

+ Reply to Thread