1500 Balanced Tourney List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

1500 Balanced Tourney List

I was recently going to play Orks, but there's just some things about the army I can't deal with/overcome. I had seen a GT army a few years back or Orks converted to be IG and felt that would be a fun army to play and convert. I have conversions planned for each unit from stock GW Ork models to make the army WYSIWYG. The basic idea is a very militaristic bunch of Orks. Here's the list.

HQ
    Canoness w/ Book of Saint Lucius and Blessed Weapon (Inducted) 80pts

Company Command Squad w/ Regimental Standard, Vox-Caster, Mortar, Astropath, Officer of the Fleet, Master of Ordanance 165pts

Elites
    5 Storm Troopers w/ 2 Melta Guns 105pts

Troops
    10 Veterans w/ 3 Plasmaguns + Chimera w/ Extra Armor 185pts

Infantry Platoon 285pts
    Platoon Command Squad w/ Vox-Caster, 3 Grenade Launchers
    Infantry Squad w/ Grenade Launcher, Mortar, Vox-Caster
    Infantry Squad w/ Grenade Launcher, Autocannon, Vox-Caster
    Heavy Weapons Squads w/ 3 Lascannons

Infantry Platoon 285pts
    Platoon Command Squad w/ Vox-Caster, 3 Grenade Launchers
    Infantry Squad w/ Grenade Launcher, Mortar, Vox-Caster
    Infantry Squad w/ Grenade Launcher, Autocannon, Vox-Caster
    Heavy Weapons Squads w/ 3 Lascannons

Total Cost 1500pts Total Models 97

Tactics:
    The Canoness is a cheap way to fight off some stragglers who get into CC. She also uses her Book to overcome the naturally weak Ld of IG.

Company Command Squad has all the Advisors, as lots of people outflank, I have 3 units in reserves and cheap ordanance is fun. The Mortar is cheap and let's them fire from behind cover.

The Storm Troopers are small on purpose. They will always Outflank or Deepstrike and arrive timely and accurately thanks to my Advisor. The Meltaguns are specifically to take out tanks who hang back or other pesky small units (Obliterators, Dev Squads etc.) I don't want to make them bigger as they pretty much suicide themselves and they're easy to kill regardless.

Veterans are mobile transport/MC hunters. 6 shots into a transports side or a MCs face usually gets the job done. The can also get to objectives quick or lay some covering fire from a different angle than the rest of my army.

Infantry Platoons are decidedly anti-horde with some anti-vehicle Heavy Squads. Grenades and Mortars lay down some handy templates and Autocannons can pop a light vehivcle if need be. I gave Voxes to all because of unreliable Ld. I'm more of a fan of Heavy Weapon Squads because a Lascannon in a regular unit usually wastes all the other shots.

This list can deal with any and all transports, shoots effectively and can easily claim objectives. The weaknesses are CC (somewhat able to be off set by blobbing the Infantry and the Canoness) and taking the fight to another shooty enemy.

If you have any comments/questions please post them. Anything can be helpful. :]

Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the only thing about the list is you have easy enemey kill points every where so it you plan to annihilation you will loose and if you do big squads (adding them together), it will make your fire very choppy and not as surgical (lots of shots not going in the proper direction. Also I dont really see how you would capture objectives easy because your army isnt very mobile (except for the chirmeras which will be the focus of there anti tank). I would find a way to add cloaks to the command squad because if you keep it that expensive and full of officer it will meet a pieplate on turn one.
    I hate white scars!!
    Ravenwing all the way!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Well IG is always going to have a lot of kill points, the units are cheap so there's a lot of them. It depends on what army I'm going against if the Kill Points are easy.

In objectives I either get to set some or the objectives are deployment zones. I'm probably not going to lose my deployment zone except against all out assaults and I have some units that can deny the enemies via transports or Deep Striking. The Run Order is also helpful.

I just generally don't like tanks or mechanized IG armies, it really can't be helped.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Ok i'll give my opinion. Wanted or not

HQ: Lots and lots of things in here. It's one hell of a target for the enemy and very squishy. If you're going to be spending that many points on a CCS grab camo cloaks to give them a bit more protection. Better yet, grab a second CCS and spread the advisors around. That way your eggs aren't all in one basket. You can also combine the platoons together and turn the 2nd PCS into the new CCS. Ok you'd have to loose the cannoness but i'm sure you can find a use for those 80pts. Straken for some CC ability to finish off the enemy or someone.

ELITES:
    3 suicide squads. Can be nasty but in annihilation missions this may come back to haunt you. How about grabbing 2 Devil Dogs or 2 Vendettas for tank sniping. It's cheaper and less suicidal.

TROOPS:
    The vets chimeras don;t need extra armour. Ok it's useful but it's alot of points which can be spent on better things.

The Platoon as i said could be bundled into one big platoon to free up one PCS to be the second CCS. However i think the equipment of the Infantry squads could do with a little work.
    To reduce the problem of kill points combine the infantry squads into 2 groups of 20 and give them the same guns. Mortars are a good cheap blast but if you can find the points try and grab autocannons to give you the option of taking down transports and what have you.
    The other bonus of combining Squads is that 20 blokes benefit from one order and you only have to pay for the one Vox.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

Hmmm some good suggestions there. I had forgotten about Devil Dogs, still not 100% on the IG Codex memorization. Here's a new list, take a look.

HQ
    CCS w/ Camo Cloaks, Regimental Standard, Vox, Mortar, Master of Ordanance, Officer of the Fleet 155pts

Troops

Infantry Platoon
    ICS w/ 3 Grenade Launchers, Vox
    Infantry Squad w/ Autocannon, Grenade Launcher
    Infantry Squad w/ Autocannon, Grenade Launcher, Vox 185pts

Infantry Platoon
    ICS w/ 3 Grenade Launchers, Vox
    Infantry Squad w/ Autocannon, Grenade Launcher
    Infantry Squad w/ Autocannon, Grenade Launcher, Vox 185pts

Fast Attack
    Devil Dog w/ Smoke Launchers 125pts

Devil Dog w/ Smoke Launchers 125pts

Total Cost 1145

I dropped the Heavy Weapon Squads as they're free kill points in most games and replaced the suicide squads with Devil Dogs. That also let me drop the Astropath. I keep Extra Armor on transports as a rule so I didn't change the Veterans. I have plenty of anti-infantry firepower now with my plethora of Orders and blast weapons. I didn't include another CCS as according to the Rulebook FAQ an Officer and his squad are 1 point each, so another CCS is another 2 Kill Points.

The Kill Points are still high and will go up as I finish off the army. IG just has naturally high KPs, I'm trying to make the squads as durable as possible though. I'm thinking of inducting an Inquisitor for a Psychic Hood, as the armies almost all foot sloggers and double Lash is pretty common.

Hellhounds are good tanks Dakka,Dakka,Dakka's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

its a 1500 list right? pop in 2 leman russes, it'll take all the enemy's anti tank away from your devildogs, and russes do more damage than a monolith, the new guard codex russes fire their battlecannon, hull heavy bolter, and(trust me its worth the price) 2 plasma cannons, in one turn, while moving XD, they really are lumbering behemoths(besides russes kinda look orky as is, they have great conversion posibilites, and are nasty as hell!
    Hellhounds are good tanks

Satan - "**** you Kage! And **** you Jables! I'll get you Tenacious DDDDdddddddeeeeee!!!!!!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

Yeah I was trying to steer away from armor but I already have 4 "tanks" so I may as well include another. Here's what I got.

HQ
    Lord Commissar w/ Powerfist

CCS w/ Vox, Mortar, Officer of the Fleet, Master of Ordnance, Regimental Standard and Cloaks

Troops
    Veteran Squad w/ 3 Meltaguns in a Chimera w/ Extra Armor

Veteran Squad w/ 3 Plasmaguns in a Chimera w/ Extra Armor

Infantry Platoon
    PCS w/ Mortar, Vox
    1 Squad w/ Autocannon, Grenade Launcher
    1 Squad w/ Autocannon, Grenade Launcher and Vox

Infantry Platoon
    PCS w/ Mortar, Vox

Fast Attack
    Devil Dog w/ Smoke Launchers

Devil Dog w/ Smoke Launchers

Heavy Support
    Leman Russ w/ 3 Heavy Bolters, Battlecannon

Total 1500 Total Infantry 97 Total Tanks 5

The army still has a TON of KPs but there isn't a way around that. I put the Commissar in because he does what the Canoness does only a little better. The army has way to many Blast and multi-shot weapons to be threatened by horde, especially with split deployment.

Not a lot of guns to take out MEQs with specifically but so many shots I'm sure will even it out. I have more than enough anti-tank to make it through to even static armies and I can always keep the Russ in Reserves against Tau or something.

I think I'm fine on Objectives. The Veterans can go grab one and I can lategame Run to grab a few more in mid-field. All I really have to do with Deployment objectives is hold mine and either shoot their Troops or contest with some tanks. Kill Points will be the hardest game.

Overall my only problem is going and "getting" other shooty armies, I was thinking Inquisitor Lord + Eversor Assassin but it's a few to many points. This feels pretty balanced, any thoughts?

+ Reply to Thread