Librarium Online Forums banner

1500 all around (2 variants)

193 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  DogofWar1 
#1 ·
This is my latest 1500 list (some veteran reviewers may have seen earlier lists), and is a list I intend to run until I buy a few big important things, which probably means until the fall at the least.

However, before I jump in full force, I'd like to get some opinions of the list from people.

It's 1500 points, and is designed to be balanced, though each has some minor weaknesses I saw that I'll put in the cons section.

Anyways, here's the list:

1500 Variant A
HQs:
- Librarian
Troops:
- Tactical Squad x10 Powerfist
-Tactical Squad x10 Lascannon
Elites:
- Dreadnaught Heavy flamer, Assault Cannon
- Dreadnaught Heavy Flamer, Assault Cannon
- Sternguard x5 2x combi-flamers, powerfist
Fast Attack:
-Vanguard Veterans x5 (no jump packs) sgt w/ Relic Blade, rest w/ 1 x Lightning Claw
-Attack Bikes x3 1 w/ Multi Melta
Heavy Support:
- Thunderfire Cannon
Dedicated Transports (expanded from above):
- Drop Pod
-Razorback has tl-assault Cannon
-Razorback tl-assault cannon
Pros:
Assault Cannons are awesome. Especially twin-linked ones. On good rolls they can make short work of everything from Wraithlords to tanks. They would have a little trouble against Landraiders, but by massing them they make up for that. Furthermore they can cut through infantry well.
Vanguards and Sternguard would go in the Razorbacks, adding mobility and survivability. Tac squads would be combat squaded, unless we're in an annihilation game, in which case they hang together.
Cons:
Few scoring points, though technically I would have 4 in a command and control and seize ground game (combat squads)
I personally would like to put back in some upgrades for the tac squads and sternguard, but the cost of the vanguards prohibits it.

1500 Variant b:
to save space these changes were made to the list:

no vanguards, 1st tac squad gets a lascannon, the second one gets a powerfist, sternguard go to 10, and add a deathwind launcher to the drop pod (there might be some extra points I'm not keeping track of, but that's the main gist of it)

pros: more sternguard, better equiped Tac Squads, drop pod can dole out more punishment

cons: no major CC unit

Personally I am leaning towards variant A, as I would love to be able to hop out of a Razoback with Vanguards and a Librarian and wreck enemies in short order, I just have some minor issues with the costs.

I'd like your thoughts, and thank you for your input.

See less See more
#3 ·
They can assault if the Razorback doesn't move or is popped on an enemy's turn. Part of me half expects to keep the Razorback stationary and pop them out as a defensive murder squad near my home base (long range assault cannon and all that). Either way, tactically I'll make it work, and to be honest, 50 extra points for a heroic intervention with a tenuous chance to land where I need it at best is hardly useful in the long run.

Futhermore, a heroic intervention leaves them deep in enemy territory as sitting ducks for fire once they kill that one unit. Ideally, they can pop out of the transport, kill the thing, hop back in, and move to the next target.

Not as efficient as a land raider to be sure, but still viable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.