Librarium Online Forums banner

1,500 pt. Imp. List

322 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  xnecrontyrx 
#1 ·
HQ:

- Company Command Squad w/ Chimera: 135 pts. + 90 pts.
Plasma pistol, PW, Medi-pack, Regimental Standard, Vox-caster, Plasma Gun; Chimera w/ HS, Dozer blade, Extra armour

Troops:

- Platoon Command Squad: 47 pts.

- Infantry Squad: 60 pts. (x4)
Vox-caster, Grenade Launcher

- Heavy Weapon Squad: 105 pts.
Lascannon (x3)

- Veteran Squad: 140 pts.
PF, Vox-caster, Flamer (x2), Meltagun, Grenadiers

Fast Attack:

- Armoured Sentinel Squadron: 81 pts.
Plasma Cannon, Searchlight, Smoke launchers

- Valkyrie Assault Carrier: 155 pts.
Lascannon, multiple rocket pods, Heavy Bolter

Heavy Support:

- Ordnance Battery: 125 pts.
Basilisk

Basilisk

Basilisk

As of now, this is all of the Imps. I own, to a total of 1,368 pts. Not quite sure where to go from here, and yes I know 3 bassies are overkill, believe me I've heard plenty about that, but they're stayin lol

See less See more
#2 ·
4 voxs is a lot, IMHO, to put in your platoons squads. At least put one in your platoon command squad. You can always combine squads if you are worried about kill points or everyone having a vox. I would try and get rid of two voxs and then take one of the two remaning and give it to the platoon commander's squad.

If you have them because you just have 5 or 10 points to blow then I understand. Just give one to the officer's squad, he has to give the orders.

#3 ·
Ok, lets have a look then

HQ: If you want to stand up to things in combat then you'll need to take a powerfist over the PW, you'll be striking last at Init3 anyway so you might as well grab the extra str. Also plasma guns are rapid fire. So you'll have to decide on whether to rapid fire or charge. Drop the plasma and chuck in some 'assault' special weapons. Flamers, Melta and grenade launcher basically.

Ditch the Dozer and the Armour on the Chimera. It's expensive and can be better spent on other things.

TROOPS:
As Yougunner mentioned i'd drop the Vox Network. They're only really worth it if you're combining squads. you could ditch 2 of them and have 2 squads of 20. If not i wouldn't bother.

Why is the Platoon CS 47pts? What gear does it have
Vets, i wouldn't mix special weapons with these guys. Give them a defined roll. 1 Melta gun wont do much to save you against vehicles. If you're going to take 1 take 3. There are better squads out there that have access to Flamers. PCS for one. Cheaper and can have more flamers.

FAST: That Armoured sentinel is stupidly expensive. He's over half the points of a Leman Russ. If you lost the gear on the CCS you could grab a plama Vet squad. If you want to keep him loose the Smoke and the search light.

Valk, Loose the Lascannon. This guy is a troop killer and the Lascannon isn't. Stay with the Multilaser. If you want some Lascannons for taking down vehicles think about grabbing a Vendetta or some scout sentinels.

HEAVY: Ok i wont comment on these guys as you have them. Russ are better though ;)

Well i hope thats some thoughts for you anyway

#5 ·
Given what you have:

HQ: (192)

- Company Command Squad 127 pts.
Boltgun, Medi-pack, Regimental Standard, 2xPlasma Gun
-Chimera 65 pts.
Heavy Stubber

Troops: (565)

- Platoon Command Squad: 35 pts
Vox Caster

- Infantry Squad: 60 pts.

- Heavy Weapon Squad: 105 pts.
Lascannon (x3)
-Heavy Weapon Squad:

- Veteran Squad: 130 pts.
Meltagun(x3), Grenadiers
-Chimera 55 pts.

Fast Attack: (341)

- Armoured Sentinel Squadron: 81 pts.
Plasma Cannon, Searchlight, Smoke launchers
- Vendetta Assault Carrier: 130 pts.
- Vendetta Assault Carrier: 130 pts.

Heavy Support: (375)

Basilisk
Basilisk
Basilisk

1473 pts.

These are my thoughts, giving you some additional AT and stripping out stuff that doesn't seem to add much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.