2000 point firing line - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

28 (x1)

2000 point firing line

I made this list to be fairly heavy with big guns on lightly armored vehicles. This way, should a vehicle get popped there are more than enough to take their place.

HQ - 645
    Pedro Kantor
    Honor Guard x5
    Grey Knight Terminators (Brother Captain, 4x GKTs, Incinerator, Psychic hood, needle gun add on to Brother Captain)

Elites - 395
    10x Sternguard
    Dreadnaught (w/ TL-Lascannon and Heavy Flamer)

Troops - 390
    10 man tactical squad, lascannon, powerfist
    10 man tactical squad, lascannon, melta bombs

Fast Attack-270
    3 Landspeeders (all w/ typhoon missile launchers)

Dedicated Transports-300
    Razorback w/ TL-Assault Cannon

Sternguards get 2 of the razorbacks, Pedro and honor guard get the 3rd, and the fourth stays back as mobile cover/ gun platform. Sternguards are scoring, which helps to fix some of the issues with # of scoring units.

I used a lot of TL-Assault cannons because of their intense infantry killing capability, mixed with their ability to destroy weaker vehicles (and in a pinch, anything due to rending).

I would like to hear what people think of the list, whether it will be viable in games, as well as in tournament competition. Thanks in advance.

Update: Whoops, I meant a heavy flamer for the dreadnaught, not a heavy bolter. Thanks for the advice and the catch xanosaucy.

Last edited by DogofWar1; August 10th, 2009 at 14:46.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

16 (x1)

I think you meant Dreadnought w/TL Lascannon and Missle Launcher or Autocannon. The Heavy Bolter and Lascannon both go in the same arm so you can't have them both. I would go with Missle Launcher as it gives you options to go after hordes. Don't forget to add the Flamers on your Tacticals! Maybe instead of the Combi-Flamer on your 1 Sternguard add Melta-bombs on the Sgt. w/o a Powerfist, the Sternguard are good enough against infantry and this gives your Sgt. an option to tank bust with his Combat Squad! Good list though good luck!

+ Reply to Thread