1750 pts War Machines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 pts War Machines

This is my dream list for my IG army spammed with lots of war machines and I mean lots of it, TANK SPAMMING!

HQ:-
    Techpriest Enginseer (95 pts)
    3x Servitors (Servo Arm)

Techpriest Enginsser (95 pts)
    3x Servitors (Servo Arm)

Troops:
    Veterans (130 pts)
    3x Meltaguns
    Demolitions

Veterans (130 pts)
    3x Meltaguns
    Demolitions

Veterans (130 pts)
    3x Meltaguns
    Demolitions

Dedicated Transport (165 pts)
    3x Chimera (Multilaser and HF)

Heavy Support:
    Squad 1 (370 pts)
    2 x Battle Tank
    Lascannon
    Sponson HB

Squad 2 (385 pts)
    Demolisher w/ Sponson Plasma Cannons
    Punisher w/ Sponson HB

Squad 3 (220 pts)
    Vanquisher w/ Hull Lascannon
    Knight Commander Pask

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blitz000 View Post
    Techpriest Enginseer (95 pts)
    3x Servitors (Servo Arm)

3x Servitors (Servo Arm)
    I am 95% sure that these do not count as your mandatory HQ unit as they don't take up a Force Organization slot. BUT that means you can have more than 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adude5 View Post
    I am 95% sure that these do not count as your mandatory HQ unit as they don't take up a Force Organization slot. BUT that means you can have more than 2
    Quoted from the Codex: Imperial Guard page 93
    "An Imperial Guard Army may include 0-2 Techpriest Enginseers. Techpriest Enginseers do not use up any Force Organisation chart selections, but are otherwise treated as seperate HQ units."

True enough they do not count as mandatory HQ unit as in the codex, but the max is still 2 Techpriests, anyway I still can treat them as HQ choices. (Well, that's how I intepretate it)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Quoted from the Codex: Imperial Guard page 93
    "An Imperial Guard Army may include 0-2 Techpriest Enginseers. Techpriest Enginseers do not use up any Force Organisation chart selections, but are otherwise treated as seperate HQ units."

True enough they do not count as mandatory HQ unit as in the codex, but the max is still 2 Techpriests, anyway I still can treat them as HQ choices. (Well, that's how I intepretate it)
    Sadly this isn't true, the only chracter that doesn't take up a force organisation slot while still filling the mandarory hq choice is the Emperor's Champion for the Black Templars, after it was ruled in the Black Templar FAQ that since he is mandatory, he can fill the requirement. Other than that the rulebook has fill a mandatory of one HQ slot and two Troops, anbd as he Techpriest Enginseer doesn't take up a slot you will neeed another HQ.
    Ask me about the Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Biscuits View Post
    Sadly this isn't true, the only chracter that doesn't take up a force organisation slot while still filling the mandarory hq choice is the Emperor's Champion for the Black Templars, after it was ruled in the Black Templar FAQ that since he is mandatory, he can fill the requirement. Other than that the rulebook has fill a mandatory of one HQ slot and two Troops, anbd as he Techpriest Enginseer doesn't take up a slot you will neeed another HQ.
    Thanks for the correction, but any suggestions that you can make for the HQ choice? Like dropping one Techpriest for an HQ choice.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Yup sure

I've recently converted up a Company Command Squad as a Tech 'Magos' and the 4 Veterans i've done as Servitors (plasmagun equiped gun drones actually) Just as an Idea anyway.

As for the List....

HQ: As we've said you need to get one!! a CCS is cheap and you can tool it up to look like a Techpriest to fir the theme you're going for.

TROOPS:
    Lots of Melta, I can't see you really needing this much to be honest with you. I'd give one of the Squad Plasma guns. This unit is better for taking down Monstrous creatures and if you need to can claim an objective you can and they can still fire. I like all those Demo Charges though. It's starting to look like one of my armies

HEAVY:
    Squad 1: I'd ditch a Russ here. Squadron rules aren't brilliant and you don't really need all that fire power on one unit. If you've going to keep the pair i'd drop all the sponsons and the Lascannon. 2 Battle Cannon shots is more than enough to kill one unit. (Unless it's a 30 strong mob of orks that is) One Russ is enough though. You can always grab some tanks in fast don't forget.

Squad2: Again, Squadron Rules aren't brilliant. The problem with Punishers/Demolishers is that their short range means they'll be on the move most of the time getting into range, meaning their sponsons will hardly ever be used. If anything give the Plasma Sponsons to a Russ as they can sit back and shoot anything and everything.
    The H-Bolters on the Punisher is nice and who wouldn't like 29 shots? Aginst units that move or are sitting far back you'll be moving forward to engage so those H-Bolters will be useless.

Squad3: Fine with this. It's an Expensive tank but hey, It does what it does.

OVERALL:
    I'd ditch one or two of the Russ to unsquadron your tanks. I know it's nasty having 5 Russ hulls on the table but you're spending lots of points and they can only target one unit at a time. It also makes them Vunerable. How about grabbing some Hell hounds or something. It will keep with the Mech theme and they're still very very hurty.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Thanks for the correction, but any suggestions that you can make for the HQ choice? Like dropping one Techpriest for an HQ choice.
    Company command squad with four meltaguns in a chimera cheaper than chimelta vets sporting an extra meltagun, and able to give orders.
    ----------
    Company command squad with 4 melta guns and a chimera. Cheaper than chimelta vets, with the same bs and an extra meltagun, and on top of that while sticking to the theme of your army they can still give orders. Relatively cheap therfore expendable, yet very dangerous. and armoured coming in at 145 points.
    Ask me about the Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got the list revamped a bit based on previous comments, here's the new list

Company Command Squad (105 pts)
    Power Fist
    4x Meltaguns

3x Servitors (Servo Arm)

Troops:

Veterans (130 pts)
    3x Meltaguns
    Demolitions

Veterans (130 pts)
    3x Meltaguns
    Demolitions

Veterans (130 pts)
    3x Meltaguns
    Demolitions

Dedicated Transport (165 pts)
    4x Chimera (Multilaser and HF)

Elites:
    Guardsman Marbo (65)

Heavy Support:
    Squad 1 (370 pts)
    2 x Battle Tank
    Lascannon
    Sponson HB

Squad 2 (385 pts)
    Executioner
    Hull Heavy Bolters
    Sponson Plasma Cannon

Squad 3 (220 pts)
    Vanquisher
    Hull Lascannon
    No Sponson
    Knight Commander Pask

Transports (220pts)
    4x Chimera (Multilaser + HF)

Description:
    Squad 1 LR are all rounded tanks, Executioner is anti-horde, heavy infantry while the Vanquisher is made just for tanks. While CCS and Vets in Chimera will run through the table to capture objectives. Guardsman Marbo for some nasty surprise.

+ Reply to Thread