2000 point traitor IG, C+C welcome - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 point traitor IG, C+C welcome

Traitor IG 2000 Points
    HQ
    o
    215-Company Command Squad- Aspiring Champion K’vek (Straken)
    Vox, medic, regimental standard, carapace armour
    o
    70-Psyker
    Troops
    o
    Platoon 1
    80-Command Squad-Vox, Heavy flamer, 2 flamers, power fist-80
    60-Squad 1-vox, flamer
    65-Squad 2-vox, melta
    90-Heavy Weapon Team-3 missile launchers
    75-Heavy Weapon Team-3 heavy bolters
    o Platoon 2
    105-Command Squad-vox, medic, 2 plasma guns, plasma pistol
    60-Squad 1-vox, grenade launcher
    70-Squad 2-vox, plasma gun
    90-HWT-3 missile launchers
    75-HWT-3 auto cannons
    o 140-Veteran Squad-shotguns, plasma pistol, 3 meltas, grenadiers
    80-Chimera-extra armour, stubber
    o 145-Veteran Squad-shotguns, power fist, 3 meltas, grenadiers
    70-Chimera-extra armour
    Heavy Support
    o 150-2 Terror Flak Walkers (hydra batteries)
    o 180-Leman Russ Battle Tank- Heavy Bolter sponsons and heavy stubber
    o 180-Leman Russ Battle Tank- Heavy Bolter sponsons and heavy stubber
    Total-2000

So i've been toying with the idea of starting a traitor IG army for a while now, and this is what i came up with. There are so many options in the new IG book, all of which fit into a chaos guard army... Nothing is bought yet, so it can be changed as much or as little as possible. The psyker is going to ride around with one of the vet squads, while the rest of the army sits and shoots/advances towards the enemy. I've though about either dropping a vet squad to get a vanquisher with Pask or finding 15 points to upgrade a ML squad to a lascannon squad for some AV14 busting power, but i'm not sure. Anyways, any comments or criticism is appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any thoughts? Like I said earlier, i'm particularly concerned about the lack of heavy anti-tank. Also, this is meant to be in-between a competitive and friendly list; good, but not over-powering.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Filty Traitorous Scum! You expecting us loyalists to help you?

HQ:
    Cool Idea. I was thinking about using Straken as a Fallen Dark angel Myself but i'm glad to see someone else is actually doing it

Shame to waste these guys BS4, Can you not chuck ina Melta gun or something? These guys could do with a Ride Aswell. You could have some ancient old Rhino and use it as a Chimera or something.

TROOPS:
    PCS 1- H-Flamers are to expensive for what you get. Loose it. I'd also not bother with the Powerfist either. If these guys are in combat they die, trust me on that. Just keep them with 3 flamers and a Vox.
    PCS 2- this is far to expensive for what it is. 2 BS3 Plasma Guns and thats it. Don't worry about the Medic he wont save you that much and he doubles the points of the squad. I'd grab 4 G-Launchers and use them to advance and lay down some blast on infantry or to take down some light vehicles. I'd Save Plasma Guns for people like Veterans who are BS4.

Vox Networks don't work for me and i know alot of people are the same. Up to you though. I just think the points could be better spent on guns.

Infantry, You don't really need the Melta Gun in here. One BS3 Melta on foot wont acheive much and you have Melta Guns on the Veterans. Plasma is again to Expensive on BS3 Models. Infantry Squads are there to die and tie up the enemy while the real killers like Vets go and do the killing, so Keep them cheap.

Vets: Drop the Powerfist - If you're in combat you're not doing their job - Killing tanks. Drop the Plasma Pistol on the other guy too.
    A plasma Vet Squad here would be useful to take down Monstrous creatures and do some real hurt to marine units.
    Loose the Extra Armour and stubber from the Chimeras. Thats 40pts just on gear which is almost another chimera!

HEAVY:
    Good solid firebase. I like this 'Terror Flak Walker' Is this something like a chaosy Dread thing?
    If you're looking for points for extra stuff you can drop the H-Bolters. I generally find that the Battle Cannon kills what ever it's shooting at. 40pts off these two could come in handy.

OVERAlL:
    Looks like a nasty list. You do have lots of points spent on things you don't really need though like plasma pistols and power fists. If you dropped these and then saw how many points you have left you'd be suprised.

If you need the Long ranged Anti-tank swap out the M-Launcher HWS for Lascannon HWS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

* ·HQ
    o215-Company Command Squad- Aspiring Champion K’vek (Straken)
    § medic, regimental standard, carapace armour, melta gun
    o70-Psyker
    ·Troops
    oPlatoon 1
    §45-Command Squad- 3 flamers
    §55-Squad 1- flamer
    §55-Squad 2- flamer
    §90-Heavy Weapon Team-3 missile launchers
    §75-Heavy Weapon Team-3 heavy bolters
    oPlatoon 2
    §45-Command Squad- 3 grenade launchers
    §55-Squad 1- grenade launcher
    §55-Squad 2- grenade launcher
    §105-HWT-3 lascannons
    §75-HWT-3 auto cannons
    o130-Veteran Squad-shotguns, 3 meltas, grenadiers
    §55-Chimera
    o130-Veteran Squad-shotguns, 3 meltas, grenadiers
    §55-Chimera
    o145-Veteran Squad-lasguns, 3 plasmas, grenadiers
    §55-Chimera
    ·Heavy Support
    o150-2 Terror Flak Walkers (hydra batteries)
    o170-Leman Russ Battle Tank- Heavy Bolter sponsons
    o170-Leman Russ Battle Tank- Heavy Bolter sponsons

How's this? I'm kinda afraid that it might be too powerful, especially because, for the most part, i play friendlyish games. There are a couple people who like to play with more powerful armies, though. I'm gonna make the terrors with a defiler as a base and make the turret from the aegis defense line turret. I kinda want to show i driver, but i don't know how i'll do it yet. I'm keeing the sponsons on the LRBTs because 1) i like rolling dice and 2) i like how they look with them on. I'll probably magnetize them, though. I was thinking of replacing the plasma vet squad with rough riders for some fluffy fun and suicide charges.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Looks good to me but i'm sure some other guys can offer you some advice.

Those Flak walkers sound cool. Maybe you can have the Autocannons stuck onto an armoured cabin with the little fella sitting on that. Like the Flak Boat on Water World if you've ever seen that.
    Kinda like the FW Hydra turret but less armoured with a chair and some windows.

It doesn't look too powerful to me. You just have to remember our guys fall over if you breathe on them. I say 'our' guys...........but you're chaos scum.....

+ Reply to Thread