1500 Pure Deathwing - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

1500 Pure Deathwing

Belial
    Lightning Claws

5 Upgraded Terminators
    Sergeant: SB/PW
    1 x Assault Cannon/PF
    1 x Lightning Claws
    1 x Apothecary with Lightning Claws
    1 x Standard Bearer SB/PF

3 of these Terminator Squads:

5 Terminators
    Sergeant: SB/PW
    1 x Assault Cannon/PF
    3 x SB/PF

Venerable Dreadnought
    Extra Armour, Assault Cannon, DCCW

Venerable Dreadnought
    Extra Armour, Assault Cannon, DCCW

Total: 1500

Options:
    - Could swap a 250pt Terminator Squad for a Land Raider, but worried about low numbers of scoring units.
    - Could swap the Assault Cannons for Multi-Meltas or Plasma Cannons

Last edited by Ravendove; August 19th, 2009 at 20:48.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

got no idea about how the DA codex changed, but

what do you think about drop podding your dreds into battle?
    might give a teleport homer to one of your pods and send your termies straight into action!!

downgrading the apothecary and the standard bearer would free you some pts. but i guess it's not enough...
    Thought for the day:
    A ship in harbor is safe - but that is not what ships are for.

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Definetley get LRCs with MMs. You have 0 Anti-tank at the moment. This is a DW army....your gonna have low scoring. You need to maximize what they do. Being out in the open begs for some torrenting or a nice smiley Demolisher Cannon. Load up a LRC with some Assault Termies. I'd drop the Dreads altogether, they don't serve a pupose with Drop Pods. They'll probably be seriously damaged on the walk up, you're giving your opponents S7 and S8 weapons something to do. If the Termies have guns, teleport them or walk them if the opponent has no real guns. Assault Termies should have a LRC. It has anti-tank and softens up infantry that can tarpit your elites. Also nicely blocks LoS in your foes turn.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

See, here's my problem. For every transport I get, that's one less troops unit. I can't mechanise the whole army, because each Unit/Transport is 250pts each. At most, I could have 2 Land Raiders, 3 Terminator Units, Belial. Or even 3 Land Raiders, 2 Terminator Units, Belial.

Furthermore, there is no way I will be placing units on the board and footslogging them. DA have a rule called Deathwing Assault, meaning you can deep strike half (rounded up) Terminator Squads on the 1st turn. Putting Terminators in transports completely negates this advantage.

Let's also be honest here, AV14 is not invincible. Having 1 tank on the board means every single anti-armour weapon the opponent has will be focusing on it.

As for my own anti-tank, I suppose I could give the Dreads TLLC/ML if I dropped the Extra Armour. How about Chainfists?

Really struggling here, haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

If you drop, you drop what, 15-20 Termies? That's gonna make a minor impression and than be destroyed by torrenting, AP1 or 2 and CC. I'd run at least 2 Land Raiders. I know they aren't invincible, against some armies they'll go down faster than others. 2 AV14 with smoke popped though....it's hard to drop them both in one turn, I'd say impossible usually, especially since DA smoke falls under old smoke rules I'm 90% sire, thus making all hits glancing, not a 4+ cover. Overpowered.

The last unit can DS with some guns and do backup. Is the list ideal? No....but it's DW. It's not an ideal list because it's not a whole army. Against certain lists, you're going to be tabled in short order and some lists just can't deal with 16 Terminators. Just my opinions but I'd def grab 2 Land Raiders. 3 Troops is what most armies run at 1500, some only run 2. You just have to use them.......very carefully.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

545 (x8)

Okay, with two Land Raiders the list would look something like this:

Belial
    LC

5 Terminators
    1 AC/CF, 1 TH/SS, 3 LC
    Apothecary upgrade
    Standard upgrade
    These go in the Crusader, obviously

5 Terminators
    1 SB/PW, 1 AC/PF, 1 SB/PF, 1 SB/CF, 1 LC

5 Terminators
    1 SB/PW, 1 AC/PF, 1 SB/PF, 1 SB/CF, 1 LC

Land Raider Crusader
    Extra Armour

Land Raider
    Extra Armour

This leaves me with 35 points. I could possibly drop the Apothecary, 2 x Extra armour and all the Chain Fists to bring in a Chaplain for the LRC squad. Re-rolls on both Hit and Wound is nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

I like that list a lot. The ACs can make charing a big unit hurt a bit less. You'll lose to some armies like Dark Eldar and maybe regular Eldar, but it's Deathwing so it happens.

Not sure about the Chaplain, CFs can be awesome, pop a transport with one access point and block the pile out for example. Extra Armor is also nice for armies that use Lascannons as they're unlikely to slow you down. I like it as is myself.

+ Reply to Thread