2500 Mech with DH - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

2500 Mech with DH

Trying to keep a fluffy and competitive list at the same time here, we'll see what happens.

HQ
    • Company Command Squad - Chimera, x4 Grenade Launchers, Officer of the Fleet - 155

Trying to keep this squad cheap. Yes I'm not using the BS4 like I can, but being able to harass AV10 - AV12 and drop four blasts while on the move and stay at 24 inches is nice. Officer of the fleet is for the inevitable deepstrikers at this point value.

Don't know whether to put a HF or HB on the hull, though.

Elite
    • DH Inquisitor - x2 Mystics, x1 warrior w/ Multi-melta, Rhine w/ smoke+armor - 125

Anti-deep strike bubble with a multi-melta in there just for some added punch. Considering dropping these guys and playing with points to get another PBS for redundancy's sake.
    • Psyker Battle Squad - x9 Psykers, Chimera (hull bolter) - 165

Easy enough, make things run away. If there is nothing that needs to test, then they nuke something.

Troops
    • Veteran Squad - x3 melta gun, chimera w/ HF - 155
    • Veteran Squad - x3 melta gun, chimera w/ HF - 155

The usual. Anti-tank and objective grabbers.
    • Veteran Squad - x3 plasma guns, chimera w/ HF - 170
    • Veteran Squad - x3 plasma guns, chimera w/ HF - 170

Yes they are very pricey, but I really don't have anything that can lay the hurt down on MCs. Also objective grabbers.
    • x7 PAGK - Incinerator - 210
    • x7 PAGK - Incinerator - 210

Hold objectives and keep stuff away from the tanks

Fast Attack
    • Devil Dog - Multi-melta - 135
    • Devil Dog - Multi-melta - 135

Brings longer range AT to the field. I've been suffering in this department. Vendettas would be better for 5 points less and they can carry Veterans, but they are very much against the theme/fluff of the army.
    • Hellhound - Heavy Flamer - xxx

Anti-horde goodness

Heavy Support
    • Demolisher - Heavy Flamer - xxx
    • Demolisher - Heavy Flamer - xxx

Considering the hull heavy bolter just because the PAGKs with incinerators will be sticking close to these guys.
    • Executioner - Plasma Sponsons - 230

Because I can and its just silly. This thing is meant to paint a target on itself. She'll be sitting backfield where an opponent will have to focus on it and divert attention away from the rest of the chimeras and hellhound variants charging up. That or that can focus on the later and take five plasma shots a turn.

Total - 2475

This leaves me with 25 points left to spend and I really have no idea what to do with them. The CCS seems rather lack-luster with its weapons, but I don't want to spend more points on expensive plasma or unneeded melta (have enough AT IMO).

Could pick up one more PAGK.....or drop one and load Pask into the Executioner making the sucker more pricey than a land raider.

Honestly no idea what to do with the left over points and I don't just want to spend it on filler junk like stubbers, etc.

Thought?

Last edited by Hockeyman506; August 21st, 2009 at 15:28.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

951 (x8)

HQ: Good. Have you thought about 5 Grey knight termies as well replacing a grey knight unit? It would give a decent combat unit.

Elites: PBS is good. Inquisitor is ok. Why not give him 3x warriors with plasmaguns. DH plasmas are 5 points cheaper than your vets are paying and they have better armour for overheats. Remember to buy a BP+CCW or a bolter for the =][=.

Troops: Good. I mihgt keep the hull HB on the plasma squad chimeras.

Fast: Nice. Hell hound should keep the hull HB as there is no need for it to get too close.

Heavy: Hull HFs are poor on russ as they only fire maybe once a game. a HB will fire 9-18 times per game getting you plenty more S5 hits.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

184 (x5)

Thought about the terminators. I love the models (own them too) and they are monsters in CC. Only thing is without a landraider they will probably never get into close combat meaning that they will be tricked out with a pair a psycannons and staying as close to the max range as possible.

I've used them before and they just never seem to make their points back.

On the Inquisitor, yeah, BP + CC is probably a must-have. This guy won't be getting out of his ride so a trio of plasma guns isn't really useful with only 2 firepoints. The cheaper plasma would be nice, though. If I do use the Inquisitor squad as a plasma squad, what would you suggest replacing one of the plasma vets with? I was thinking a trio of flamers just for the heck of it...possible demolition on them as well.

Flamers are on the plasma-squad chimeras as I plan on getting into rapid fire range and staying on the move.

HB on russes probably will go much farther than the HF, but I still like the extra insurance to deter CC units. Though PAGK or GKT parked nearby would be even better deterrents. I'll try it out.
    Last edited by Hockeyman506; August 21st, 2009 at 15:27.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

184 (x5)

How about this for some options:

One
    • Drop the multimelta servitor and one plasma squad
    • Drop one marine from each PAGK squad
    • Pick up four GKT with two psycannons and maybe a psychic hood

Two
    • Swap out the multi-melta servitor for 2 plasma gunners
    • Switch one plasma squad for a squad with 3 flamers and demolitions
    • Put Emperor's Tarot or a Psychic Hood on the Inquisitor
    Last edited by Hockeyman506; August 24th, 2009 at 22:04. Reason: Bump

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

184 (x5)

Just bumping the thread, still looking for a bit of input. Last time I'll bump this list. Thanks for the patience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure if you play against much lash or eldar, but with this big a DH presence you really should grab a psychic hood. I like this list and it looks fun to play. Beware of Eldrad/ runes of warding. I've killed more battle psykers from peril's using RoW than by shooting or assaulting them. They lose power exponentially.

It pains me not to see any GKT's, though i realise you would have to bump your =I= to Lordship status to do this. As an option to using the tried and true landraider to get GKT's into assault, you could always upgrade to Creed, and give them outflank. Nothing in the FAQ against this.

Please post how this list preforms as it's enticing.

+ Reply to Thread