Librarium Online Forums banner

Utilising allies and induction [1500]

406 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  EmoJosh 
#1 ·
I figured that exorcists are amazing and chimeras are far better transports for our sisters, as we can have 12 and make faith rolls a lot more successful so i came up with this list.

Base of a WH list, with inducted guard and allied with Daemonhunters (this is legal for those that doubt it is)

HQ Canoness [x points]
(bolter)

Elite DH Inquisitor [152 points)
(Psycannon, 2 gun servitors (plasma cannon, h bolter), 2 sage, 2 mystic)

Elite Eversor [x points]

Troops 11 sisters [153 points]
(vss, flamer, h flamer)

Troops 12 sisters [164 points]
(vss, flamer, h flamer)

Troops IG platoon [275 points]
(PCS w/ autocannon, 3 infantry squads w/ autocannon, chimera)

Troops IG platoon [315 points]
(PCS w/ lascannon, 3 infantry squads w/ lascannon, chimera)

HS Exorcist [x points]

HS Exorcist [x points]

Total = 1469 points

31 points to play around with... plan is...

Canoness goes with 11 sister squad and the two of them embark on the chimeras at start of play, these will act as counter offensive team and as objective grabbers.
The rest will act as a static gunline, fairly self explanatory.
DH inquisitor there to prevent deep strikers, laying down some badass re-roll plasma blast on those pesky termies

Can easily upgrade this to 1750 by adding a land raider and some more guard

What do people think?

See less See more
#2 ·
Well if it all is legal (looks right but it gets complicated with 3 diff codex, 2 old 1 brand new) I think it looks pretty good

the cannoness and sisters will be your objective takers with additonal fire support. I shudder when I think about a Sister squad with 2 heavy bolters backing it up.

Exorcist are very nice, but could Leman Russ be more effective? they would assist your sisters in objectives and make your chimera last alot longer. You could get Russ by switching 2 Guard as your main army, dropping the canoness and geting an IG HQ. You already have the required 2 troop slots from the IG platoons.
just a thought

With the 31 points i'd throw grenade Launchers into the IG platoon squads. It would give your squads more firepower for cheap

#3 ·
First off, this is a cool idea and something I used to proxy in 4th Ed (pre new IG Codex obviously).

HQ Canoness [x points]
(bolter)

Just a Bolter? Your Canoness cries. At least give her a Blessed Weapon or an Eviscerator as a counter charge option. I'd run her solo with a Jpack, hide her behind some transports, than leap over and crack skulls for the Emperor.

Elite DH Inquisitor [152 points)
(Psycannon, 2 gun servitors (plasma cannon, h bolter), 2 sage, 2 mystic)

Ah the classic Inquisitor shooty unit. Very deadly, but very fragile. With wound allocation, these squads took a huge hit, even if they stay in cover. Also 1 HF shot is going to ruin your day. These can do a lot of damage but expect them to die quickly most games.

Elite Eversor [x points]

The best Assassin bar none. Outflanking made this guy a beast. You can Outflank or T1 charge, your choice, I wish I could fit this guy into my army.

Troops 11 sisters [153 points]
(vss, flamer, h flamer)

Give the Vet a Book, it makes them never run.

Troops 12 sisters [164 points]
(vss, flamer, h flamer)

Give em a Book.

Troops IG platoon [275 points]
(PCS w/ autocannon, 3 infantry squads w/ autocannon, chimera)

Very nice. I'd give the Chimera a hull HF, it'll do far more damage over a game than a HB. Also very SoB style.

Troops IG platoon [315 points]
(PCS w/ lascannon, 3 infantry squads w/ lascannon, chimera)

Not a big fan of one shot BS3 Lascannons, especially without a Command Squad to boss them around. I'd think about going all Autocannons and giving your SoB some Meltaguns. That's more of a personal preference though, sometimes these units jsut let you down all game.

HS Exorcist [x points]

HS Exorcist [x points]

Here's your MC and medium vehicle wrecker, not Lascannons. I'd def add a third Exorcist or a Leman Russ. This army has access to amazing Heavy Support, abuse it.

Total = 1469 points
I think an assault Canoness and some Meltas would really help you out. You're very weak against AV14 right now. Meltaing a LR and Eversor charging the contents is a day ruiner for so many armies. I'd personally run the Inquisitor alone in a Guard squad with a Psycannon, he's cheap and effective but the unit has it's upsides.

Like I said, very cool list.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.