1500 pt C&C welcome - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pt C&C welcome

hq- terminator librarian-180
    GOI VOD

elites- sternguard-315
    10x marines powerfist combi-plasma rhino

elites- dreadnought-115
    assaultcannon

elites-terminators-230
    assaultcannon

troops-tactical squad-245
    powerfist flamer missle launcher rhino teleport homer

troops-tactical squad-230
    powerfist flamer missle launcher rhino

troops-scouts-100
    snipers missle launcher camo cloaks

heavy support- predator -85
    autocannon heavy bolter sponsons

i also have the black reach captain and my perdator is magnetized and the sternguards rhno can turn into a havybolter razorback.

Phantom Fists- 1000-1500 3/4/3 (DIY CHAPTER)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

That Which Has No Time Red Archer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by rorshach View Post
    hq- terminator librarian-180
    GOI VOD
    Who will he gate with or is he going alone? He's rather expensive and risky for my taste. Terminator armour will help keep him alive on his own, but it also means that he (and the unit he is attached to) cannot sweeping advance. And it's very expensive.
    VoD is risky. Why not take one of the other two shooty powers? Or stick with the Captain anyways...

elites- sternguard-315
    10x marines powerfist combi-plasma rhino
    I'm a huge fan of Sternguard, but one combi-plasma won't do much good. What do you intend to accomplish with it? Two of a type are definitely more reliable, and rethink it if maybe combi-meltas wouldn't make more sense. You practically have "sort of"-plasmas against Sv3+, remember... Against 2+ you could use the meltas too. Not so many shots, but they will work wonders against vehicles where plasma might come to its limits.
    Depending on whether you want one combat squad to gate with the Librarian you should definitely use the points from that one combi-weapon to make the Rhino a Razorback.

elites- dreadnought-115
    assaultcannon
    Oh-oh! All your squads are infiltrating, mechanized or gating. Only the Dread will foot-slog? Sounds like a waste of potential to me. If you want to keep him in this list he should get a drop pod. You could have a locator beacon on that pod too if you liked, that's another anchor for your Terminators and your Librarian.

elites-terminators-230
    assaultcannon
    These can't hurt. Well, actually hopefully they can and will a lot...

troops-tactical squad-245
    powerfist flamer missle launcher rhino teleport homer
    That homer is quite expensive, but I see why you need it.

troops-tactical squad-230
    powerfist flamer missle launcher rhino
    Alright.

troops-scouts-100
    snipers missle launcher camo cloaks
    I would go heavy bolter instead of missile launcher. Hellfire round kicks ass.

heavy support- predator -85
    autocannon heavy bolter sponsons
    I'm not a fan of that. It seems to promise mobility but has to be stationary in the end. Though vehicles have become tougher I would still rethink the role you had in mind for this tank and how you could find a substitute for it. Like two attack bikes or something like that.

That's not exactly thorough advice I gave you, all I did was give my 2 cents on every single unit instead of the list at whole, but that's because you said so little about your battle plan. If you'd share that maybe I could comment some more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well my libby is gating with the terminators and thery're my trump card. they come in beside the tacticals out of LOS. they pop up they're needed most, with 4 s6 ap4 rending shots, strength 10 ap 1 blast, 8 storm bolter shots and 3 power weapon attacks 3 force weapon attacks and 12 power fist attacks all within a 24" kill range it makes him worth while. and besides he's the best thing ive painted

the captain didn't fit in my list as he's really the only CC oriented unit in my collection

i took the combi plasma because its the only combi weapon i have avaible and i figured it wouldn't hurt. beleive me i wish i had a few combi-meltas.

im strap for cash so the dread will have to wait for a pod. at the moment ill use him to babysit my scouts. oh he's a black reach dread i magnetized. i got a multi-melta, assault cannon and twin-linked lascannon.

the scouts got what came in the box and sit in cover near home objective

i choose the dakka pred due to point limits.

that should help thx red archer for the help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

Well then!

If the Librarian stays and he keeps his Terminator armor there's not much to change. Hard to free any points (apart from maybe that one combi-plasma and the Predator) then to make upgrades elsewhere.
    Changing the Scouts' heavy weapons would be priceless, but since you don't have the models that's rather difficult to do.
    Since we don't have points we can't change the dreadnought's either. I like assault cannons even in 5th edition, but one sitting back isn't as useful as could be - you could take a twin-linked lascannon there (to kill enemy vehicles even from afar) while leaving the elimination of infantry to your other units (for example the Predator that will be sitting back too), but since we have no points left...

Now here's what you _can_ do: drop the combi-plasma on the Sternguard and upgrade the Rhino of the tac squad without teleport homer to a Razorback. That tac squad will combat squad with the missile launcher sitting back and the powerfist and the flamer acting as a countercharge support for the Sternguard.
    Then make sure that your Librarian can get the Terminators near the tac squad with the homer any time they are in need since they too need close combat assistance.

That's about all if nothing is to be dropped. I would definitely reconsider taking the Pred and the dreadnought. If you have attack bikes or landspeeders or anything else those might work better for you.

That said, all that's left is to wish you fun with your list and models! To victory.

(And careful with the Terminators! A wise opponent will charge them instead of being charged, so it won't be that many attacks (only two thirds of it). Also, the Librarian's VoD does not have a 24" range. But both will still suffice...)
    Last edited by Red Archer; August 25th, 2009 at 01:16.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah there isn't much room for minor changes but i meant 24" GOI movement range
    i really want to use the lascannons on the dread as i scrathbuilt them ( and they look great )

perhaps dropping elposterary (spelling ) and using those extra points for teleport homers for the other tactical squad and scout squad and twin-linked lascannons on the dread and switch VOD with avenger? i like these changes better

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

531 (x8)

You could do that, alright.
    Makes your teleport-attacks a little less dangerous but also takes the risk of frying your Terminators and Librarian in that 1in12 occassions when your psychic test fails (that really hurts with VoD when your squad is in deep-strike formation). You probably won't be using the avenger ability a lot with a Codicier (instead of the Epistolary) but there's nothing else that makes more sense for you either. So there's nothing wrong about it, I guess!
    At least you're really flexible with all those homers...

+ Reply to Thread