experiemtal bike list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

experiemtal bike list

Hey guys this is just a list I made in my down time. It’s a pretty strait forward bike list. I did not use khan as I prefer to have a chance to escape from combat than to outflank. The command squad is pretty mild so they won’t blow away enemy squads. I’m not sure what to do with the captain. Keep him in the command squad or put him into a bike squad as protection.

The one thing that I’m putting a twist on is by using the gate of infinity as a combo with the attack bikes. This would give me an effective range of 36-48 inches. Sure it’s risky using that power with a squad that only has 3 models, but I think the pay off could be worth it. The librarian is also given the dome power, because with an army with this much melta i don’t want an invul save running my day.

So what do you guys, think?

Space marine captain: bike, artificer armour, storm shield relic blade: 195

Command squad: X2 flamer, champion, banner, power fist, bikes: 270

Librarian: bike, epistolary, gate to infinity and force dome: 185

Bike squad: X6, power fist, X2 meltagun, attack bike with multi-melta: 260

Attack bike: X3 attack bike with multi-melta: 150

Land speeder: x3, multi-melta, heavy flamer: 210

Land speeder: x3, multi-melta, heavy flamer: 210

My dentist last name is khorne, no seriously, my dentist is khorne.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

That Which Has No Time Red Archer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

I fear you'd have quite a hard time versus assaulty horde armies like Tyranids or Orks. All that melta power makes swiss cheese out of enemy armour but I miss the heavy bolters bikes and speeders are so famous for.
    The captain should definitely go with the command squad. As long as the apothecary is alive that is. The more models feeling no pain, the better!

Your captain is a little overequipped for my taste. He doesn't really need artificer armour and the storm shield (I think 3+/4+* is enough since he is shielded by a squad, has many wounds and most probably also feel no pain).
    I can see how useful the storm shield is, especially against S8+ AP3- weapons with instantkilling potential, and since you took a relic blade the extra attack isn't an issue either. But you can definitely drop the artificer armor, believe me. It will only be useful in so very few situations that it's not worth the points.

I would also drop the banner from the command squad. I just think it's not worth the trouble.
    Maybe add another flamer instead. Or change the flamers to plasma guns? You can shoot and charge anyways, and you'll probably try to assault units where your power weapons will be of some use - meaning you will be attacking heavily-armoured units where plasmas are more useful than flamers. And overheating won't kill you as quickly in the command squad thanks to the apothecary.

I don't know about the Librarian gating with the attack bikes. That's very experimental indeed. If you want to try: tell me of the outcome. But I actually don't think it necessary. The Librarian is a useful addition at this point level nonetheless (especially against enemies that have psykers themselves).
    Still: the attack bikes seem to be tank hunters, where invulnerable saves aren't really an issue. So gating behind tanks and using force dome isn't really necessary. Maybe use the power with the plasma guns I will suggest for your troops instead, or downgrade to a Codicier or take another power.

The bike squads don't need to be hunting tanks. Your speeders and attack bikes can do that. Why not give them plasma guns instead? They can deal death from safe distance, they can still kill tanks and they can shoot a lot more infantry. Or take flamers.
    I would also definitely switch the multi-meltas on the attack bikes in your bike squads to heavy bolters. Saves you a lot of points and gives you a great advantage when you face non-MEQs. Remember that your speeders and attack bikes should be plenty enough to kill any armour, and you still have plasma in case of emergency if you choose to make the suggested changes.

The attack bikes and speeders are fine.
    Though the heavy flamer / multi-melta combo on the speeders is not the most costeffective one. Maybe you should take one squad of multi-melta/multi-melta speeders for heavy tank hunting and one anti-infantry (heavy bolter / heavy flamer or heavy flamer / heavy flamer or heavy bolter / typhoon for safe long-range support or heavy bolter / assault cannon for flexible middle-range support, etc...).

Feel free to heed any, all or not of my advice. But have fun! Bikes rule the battle-field. Seriously.
    Regards,
    Archer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New more range version of the list:

Space marine captain: bike, storm shield relic blade: 180

Command squad: X2 flamer, champion, banner, power fist, bikes: 270

Librarian: bike, epistolary, gate to infinity and force dome: 185

Bike squad: X6, power fist, X2 flamer, attack bike with multi-melta: 250

Bike squad: X6, power fist, X2 plasma gun, attack bike with multi-melta: 270

Bike squad: X6, power fist, X2 plasma gun, attack bike with multi-melta: 270

Attack bike: X3 attack bike with multi-melta: 150

Land speeder: X3, X2 twin heavy bolters, X1 heavy bolter +missile: 210

Land speeder: X3, X2 twin heavy bolters, X1 heavy bolter +missile: 210
    My dentist last name is khorne, no seriously, my dentist is khorne.

That Which Has No Time Red Archer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

I like it a lot better already!

I would switch special weapons between the command squad and one of the plasma bike squads, so the command squad has the plasmas (reasoning: see my last post) and the bike squad the flamers.

I don't recommend mixing the Landspeeders. You may want to make it one squad of three dual-bolter Landspeeders, and one squad of three Typhoons.
    If you don't know where to take the points from to buy a third Typhoon: drop the multi-meltas on the two flamer bike squads (for more long-ranged heavy bolter all-comers firepower) and the chapter banner. (That will leave you with 5 points. A flamer for the command squad? Emergency melta bombs for one sergeant? You'll find a place to put it.)

And I still don't think that you will need force dome after gating. You could load another two bikes for the epistolary upgrade.

So far my two cents! You just stick with what you like.
    Nonetheless here's how I would probably run this list (staying very, very close to yours - as close as possible):

180 - Captain: bike, storm shield, relic blade
    295 - Command squad: 2x plasma gun, 1x flamer, champion, power fist, bikes
    135 - Librarian: bike, gate to infinity, force dome
    265 - Bike squad: 7x, power fist, 2x flamer, attack bike
    265 - Bike squad: 7x, power fist, 2x flamer, attack bike
    270 - Bike squad: 6x, power fist, 2x plasma, attack bike with multi-melta
    150 - Attack bike squad: 3x, 3x multi-melta
    180 - Landspeeder squad: 3x, 3x heavy bolter
    270 - Landspeeder squad: 3x, 3x missile launcher

The attack bike squad would be the primary tank hunting unit, while the plasma bike squad and the typhoon speeders can assist taking out the really heavy armour and can reliably take care of lighter armoured vehicles too. The bolter speeders lay waste to any infantry while the captain and your command squad lead the other two bike squads (who can take on virtually any and all roles on the battlefield) into close combat.
    All these units are flexible enough to take on almost anything. And since this list is as fast as it can get you will always have the initiative as long as you make good use of your maneuverability. Don't get stale, that is a bike list's death.

+ Reply to Thread