1000 point tourny list 4x4 board - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 point tourny list 4x4 board

Hi All,

we have 1000 point tourny coming up and I am bringing my guard.

1 Command squad
    2 plasma
    1 Las Cannon
    1 Plasma pistol on commander
    Chimera

2 vet squads
    3 Plasma
    1 las cannon
    Chimera

1 Vet Squad
    3 Melta

1 Vendetta
    3 TWLC
    2 Heavy Bolters

1 LRBT
    LC, 2 PC

Plan is to flank with the Vendetta and melta squads and have them dropped off to deal with any fire platforms in the back. the rest of the army will deal with the advancing transports and the like and deal with objectives. I am sitting at 9 KP, but tote a good amount of firepower to deal with the chaos and nob biker orks that are sure to dominate. I have ran the list against a hoard ork list and I did well, I believe hoard will be my biggest drawback but the army does have 5 HB and 3 ML and a battle cannon.

Please pick apart I have 10 points to spend thinking of adding a heavy weapon to the vendetta squad

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    184 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by bellerah View Post
    1 Command squad
    2 plasma
    1 Las Cannon
    1 Plasma pistol on commander
    Chimera
    Very, very expensive unit. A plasma CCS squad isn't bad, but I'm not sure on the lascannon. I don't think it fits well with the function of plasma and honestly it probably won't be doing much on its own. I'd drop the plasma pistol as well. Too expensive and too risky in my opinion.

2 vet squads
    3 Plasma
    1 las cannon
    Chimera
    Same deal on these guys, drop the lascannon and probably switch one of these over to melta.

1 Vet Squad
    3 Melta
    Good, some people like demolitions as well, but its a pricey upgrade.

1 Vendetta
    3 TWLC
    2 Heavy Bolters
    Bolters don't match the function of the TWLC and the bolters have too limited of an arc for my tastes. A lone vendetta is going to be taking a lot of fire just so you are aware.

Two melta squads and a Vendetta are going to be more than enough antitank at 1000 points, you can go ahead and drop the lascannons off of all of your infantry.

1 LRBT
    LC, 2 PC
    Weapon functions are really clashing here. Battlecannon is for anti-horde and anti-MEQ, Lascannon is anti-tank (and very inaccurate + expensive), Plasma cannons are anti-TEQ.

With the points saved from dropping the lascannons, reducing plasma, and dropping the plasma cannons you should have the points for another veteran squad or some other goodies.

Finding a way to get some autocannons for transport hunting would be nice. Plasma is more suited to killing heavy infantry than transports. A platoon with autocannons or scout sentinels with autocannons could work. But this is just my opinion on the matter. Your call.

Please pick apart I have 10 points to spend thinking of adding a heavy weapon to the vendetta squad
    No, melta pretty much needs to stay mobile to get close enough to use their guns. Either your melta won't be firing or the heavy weapon won't be firing.

Hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread