1750 Blend of Armoured and Infantry - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 Blend of Armoured and Infantry

I should mention that this list is based only on the models that I own and is therefor light on some options. I play mainly against Orks (Speedfreaks) Jet bike Eldar, and Necrons. I tried to cover most of my anti infantry, anti tank, ect. If anyone has any input as to how I have coverd all my angles is very welcome. I can probably play any tank in the list as any variant or the manticore as any basi variant. I have more infantry and storm troopers ect and ratlings.

HQ
    Comp. Cmmd. Sq. - Reg Standard.
    - 3 x Grenade Launcher
    Company commander - Bolter
    Chimera

Troop
    Plt. Cmmd. Sq. - 4 x Flamers
    Platoon Commander - Bolter

3 x Infantry Sq. - Grenade Launcher
    - Autocannon
    Heavy Weapon Sq. - 3 x Heavy Bolter
    Heavy Weapon Sq. - 3 x Autocannon

Troop
    Hrd. Vet. - Demolitions
    - Gunnery Sgt Harker
    - 5 x Shotgun
    - 3 x Flamer
    Fast
    Vendetta (Transport for Vets)

Fast
    Devil Dog

Fast
    3 x Scout Sentinel - Heavy Flamer

Heavy
    Leman Russ Demolisher Tank - Lascannon
    - Sponson Plasma Cannon
    - Knight Commander Pask
    Heavy
    Leman Russ Eradicator Tank - Heavy Flamer
    - Sponson Heavy Flamer

Heavy
    Manticore Rocket Launcher

Elite
    Marbo

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Duner View Post
    HQ
    Comp. Cmmd. Sq. - Reg Standard.
    - 3 x Grenade Launcher
    Company commander - Bolter
    Chimera

I'd drop the Bolter, if you have the model it'll be fine. Chimera should have ML, HF.

Troop
    Plt. Cmmd. Sq. - 4 x Flamers
    Platoon Commander - Bolter

3 x Infantry Sq. - Grenade Launcher
    - Autocannon
    Heavy Weapon Sq. - 3 x Heavy Bolter
    Heavy Weapon Sq. - 3 x Autocannon

Don't put Flamers on foot, they fire once per game. Grab a HW or Grenades. Switch the HBs to Autocannons, just as good but can kill vehicles.

Troop
    Hrd. Vet. - Demolitions
    - Gunnery Sgt Harker
    - 5 x Shotgun
    - 3 x Flamer

Why use Harker is they have a transport? Drop him, unless he let's the Vendetta Outflank which I'm not sure of. Don't waste BS4 give them better guns, probably Meltas.

Fast
    Vendetta (Transport for Vets)

Fine.

Fast
    Devil Dog

Give it a Multi-Melta and possibly smoke.

Fast
    3 x Scout Sentinel - Heavy Flamer

These probably won't get to fire unless your opponent is stupid. Give them a gun with some reach, Autocannon or ML.

Heavy
    Leman Russ Demolisher Tank - Lascannon
    - Sponson Plasma Cannon
    - Knight Commander Pask

Pasks kind of a waste in a Demolisher, he's more of a Punisher guy. Drop the sponsons, Demolishers are always moving, or should be.

Heavy
    Leman Russ Eradicator Tank - Heavy Flamer
    - Sponson Heavy Flamer

Drop the sponsons, 1 hull HF is fine.

Heavy
    Manticore Rocket Launcher

Fine.

Elite
    Marbo

Marbo's awesome.
    Hope some of that helped, you're a bit Troops light which is very bad in IG.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the advice and feedback. It does seem, however, that it was incomplete. If I Make the changes that you suggest I will be lacking in the anti-infantry department. Or perhaps I am just overly anti tank right now?

I am still up in the air about Pask. I wanted to try him out but it seems I very rarely have any use for him, well that is worth the point cost.

The vets have flamers because I usually run up against orks running a kustom force field. But I agree it is a waste of the BS4. Harker, I bring him for 2 main reasons. First, he has a HB and is relentless. Second, in case the vets are not tactially suited to be started in the Valk for terrain or deployment reasons.

I agree about the heavy weapons team with the HB's though, just the models I have and I figured they were better than options outside of another heavy weapons team.

Once again I really apprieacte the input.

PS is the pic in your signature box a mage from dragon warrior?

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

No it's a black mage from FF1, close though. I'm a huge 8 bit fanboy.

I'd play test what you have, or maybe make a few of the changes and see how it goes. Most people will let you proxy part of a test list, unless they're ass hats.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Still open for some last minute comments? Sorry work has been busy

HQ:
    Looks fine to me. I'd possibly give the Chimera to the PCS though. They need the ride more.

TROOPS:
    PCS, could do with a ride, stealing the CCS is probably the way to go, or switch them for 4 G-Launchers to give you some long range blast.
    Why not put the Heavy Bolters into the Infantry Squads and have 2 Autocannon HWS? Just an idea.

FAST:
    One Devil God wont really last long. They always work best in pairs where you'd find the points though.... The Hull M-Melts is a bit dodgy though for the same reasons as a hull Lascannon on a Russ. It's expensive and it's only 1 shot at BS3...... If you're main opponents are Orks (like me) I'd keep that Flamer.

HEAVY:
    There no point in having pask in this tank. That extra BS doesn't make much of an impact with all those blasts and +1 Str isn't needed as your main gun is already Str10 and Ordinance. You've put 105pts on this tank in bits and it usually kills all it's opponents in one shot with the DemoCannon. Find 15pts and theres your second Devil Dog.

Don't take sponson H-Flamers. You can't move and fire both of them and the chances of the opponent not having charged you and killed said tank are pretty slim.

Manticores are cool though, Have you got the models? Personally i prefer 2 Griffons for killing hoards as they're more reliable and cheaper than the 1 manticore. Manticore can kill tanks though....

+ Reply to Thread