Need help with my 1K army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help with my 1K army

As the title says, I need a bit of help with my army list. Here it is at the moment:

HQ: 180

Librarian
    Terminator Armour
    Storm Bolter
    Epistolary

Troops: 300

10x tactical squad= 195
    2x flamers

10x tactical squad= 195
    2x flamers

Elite: 340
    Ironclad= 135

Terminators= 205

Heavy: 250
    Land Raider= 250
    2x Twin-Linked lascannons
    1x Assult cannon

Total = 1070

I basically need to round it down to 1000 points and i need tactics to use it...Any help would be appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ: 180

Librarian
    Terminator Armour
    Storm Bolter
    Epistolary

I would suggest dropping most of the upgrades here. Having a 180 point HQ in a 1000 is a tad on the expensive side imo. If you're gonna be running him with the termies in the LR, I would actually suggest using a chaplain. But that's just me, a Librarian will still do fine.

Troops: 300

10x tactical squad= 195
    2x flamers

I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to have 2 special weapons in a tactical squad. You can take 1 special and 1 heavy. I would suggest using a missile launcher for the heavy, it's versatile and free.

Other than that, 2 tact squad is fine for 1000, however I would urge you to give them transports, they are VERY needed. I would also suggest using a powerfist on the seargent, that way you'll be able to hurt MC's and Tank's more effectively and not just get butchered without being able to fight back.

10x tactical squad= 195
    2x flamers

Same as above.

Elite: 340
    Ironclad= 135

This dread doesn't seem to be serving a purpose, an ironclad does really good in CC in general depending on how you fit him, but without a drop pod he seems fairly useless, at least that's how I see it.

Terminators= 205

First of all, which terminators are you taking? You didn't seem to specify. If you're using a Land Raider, I would suggest using assault termies with a mix of TH/SS and claws and use the LR as dedicated transport. They will be nasty.

Land Raider= 250
    2x Twin-Linked lascannons
    1x Assault cannon

You sure it's not a twin heavy bolter rather than an Assault cannon? Because I dont think you're allowed an assault cannon on a vanilla LR. Anyway, I love LR's and never give up an opportunity to use them. Plus, he provides abit of AT which you seem to be lacking.

Total = 1070
    You should be under 1000 after dropping the dread. I'm not sure how much points you may have left, but consider a Land speeder or two if you have anything spare.

While I'm pretty sure most of my advice is sound, I am by no means an expert, so if anyone disagrees, feel free to say it.
    Last edited by Bap181; August 28th, 2009 at 22:46.

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Your list is illegal. You can't have 2 Flamers in one Tac Squad and a Land Raider has a HB not an AC, that's a Crusader. Overall, you have 3 transports advancing with a lonely Dread staying in the back. Either find room for a Drop Pod or, drop him and buy some Scouts, which I feel is better. Having a unit to sit on a home objective, so very handy.

Replace 1 Flamer with the free ML and try to get PFs in those squads, another reason to drop the Dread.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, Terminators cost 5pts less (200 ) then what you have on your list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your tactical squads are priced as if they had a power fist in them is this how you have them? you should also give them transports as footslogging doesn't work very well as you get shot up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, the AC or whatever it is is quite old, so I can't really tell what it is. My tactical squads do have a PF in them at the moment. I'll drop out the dread so then i'll have 65 points left. My termies have the extra points on because one has a heavy flamer...although i'm not sure how many points that is. So heres my list now:

HQ: 130

Chaplain
    Termie Armour
    Storm Bolter

Troops: 480

10x Tactical Squad= 240
    Flamer
    ML
    Rhino

10x Tactical Squad= 240
    Flamer
    ML
    Rhino

Elite: 205

Terminators= 205
    Normal not assult

Land Raider= 250
    2x Twin-Linked Lascannon
    1x Twin-Linked Heavy Bolter

But then im at 1065...all that happened was i knocked off 5 points

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

You'll probably have to drop the Tactical Squad for Scouts to get under 1000.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

+ Reply to Thread