1000pt combined arms lists. Pick one! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

1000pt combined arms lists. Pick one!

Ok, following Lord Borak's excellent adive on my feeble attempt to refresh my old 4th edition list, I have decided to drop a few things and go for a 1000 point list instead. However, I can't make my mind up on the contents. Do I take the list with 2 Russes or 1 Russ, 1 Vendetta and a team of 4 ratlings? Both lists are below for reference.

Vote and offer up any advice please!

List 1
    HQ
    CCS. Officer with Laspistol and Power Sword. Veteran with Medi-Pack. 60pts.
    Lord Commissar with Plasma Pistol and Power Weapon. 90pts.
    Elites
    Ratling Squad Foxtrot with 4 ratlings. 40pts.
    Troops
    1 Platoon.
    • 1 Platoon Command Squad. 30pts.
    • 1 Alpha. Guardsman with Grenade Launcher, Heavy Weapon Team with Autocannon. 65pts.
    • 1 Bravo. Guardsman with Grenade Launcher, Heavy Weapon Team with Autocannon. 65pts.
    • 1 Charlie. Guardsman with Grenade Launcher, Heavy Weapon Team with Autocannon. 65pts.
    Veteran Squad Delta. Three Veterans with Grenade Launchers, Heavy Weapon Team with Missile Launcher. 100pts.
    Veteran Squad Echo. Three Veterans with Grenade Launchers, Heavy Weapon Team with Missile Launcher. 100pts.
    Fast Attack
    Scout Sentinel Squadron Sierra-117. Sentinel with Autocannon. 40pts.
    Scout Sentinel Squadron Sierra-214. Sentinel with Autocannon. 40pts.
    Vendetta Gunship Squadron Victor-993. Vendetta Gunship. 130pts.
    Heavy Support
    Leman Russ Battle Tank Squadron Tango-553. Leman Russ with Lascannon and Pintle Heavy Stubber. 175pts.

Total: 1000pts.

OR

List 2
    HQ
    CCS. Officer with Laspistol and Power Sword. Veteran with Medi-Pack. Krak Grenades. 65pts.
    Lord Commissar with Plasma Pistol and Power Weapon. 90pts.
    Troops
    1 Platoon.
    • 1 Platoon Command Squad. 30pts.
    • 1 Alpha. Guardsman with Grenade Launcher, Heavy Weapon Team with Autocannon. 65pts.
    • 1 Bravo. Guardsman with Grenade Launcher, Heavy Weapon Team with Autocannon. 65pts.
    • 1 Charlie. Guardsman with Grenade Launcher, Heavy Weapon Team with Autocannon. 65pts.
    Veteran Squad Delta. Three Veterans with Grenade Launchers, Heavy Weapon Team with Missile Launcher. 100pts.
    Veteran Squad Echo. Three Veterans with Grenade Launchers, Heavy Weapon Team with Missile Launcher. 100pts.
    Fast Attack
    Heavy Support
    Leman Russ Battle Tank Squadron Tango-553. Leman Russ with Lascannon and Pintle Heavy Stubber. 175pts.
    Leman Russ Battle Tank Squadron Tango-493. Leman Russ with Lascannon. 165pts.

Father Mulcahy: Just as the Lord said to Noah, "Everything in pairs."
    Pierce Hawkeye: Of course the Lord was holding three aces at the time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Proud banner bearer of LO Codicier_Valkus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both lists seem pretty good, but I would go for List 2, two Russes are better than one.

I would drop the Commisar Lord's plasma pistol (overheat with IG armour is rather risky) and use the spare points to add a couple of grenade launchers to your command squads for a little more bite.

Also, if you dropped the lascannons from the Russes, they would be better used by the veteran squads because of BS4 and they would be able to benefit from the bring it down order. TL at BS4 is rather handy!

It might be a better idea to put the Commissar Lord in an infantry squad for his high LD and it sucks to see your HQ officer get executed, and that high LD could be used for receiving orders IIRC.

Just my 2 cents, I've very little experience with the Guard, but I hope that helped!
    "Fight for justice, not revenge."
    FoW Gepanzerte Panzergrenadiers who took a wrong turn at Tunisia and magically appeared in Normandy as Panzer Lehr: Wins: 11 Losses: 8

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Oh come on!! I liked your old list Cheers for the "excellent advice" bit though.

It's noted - +1 point for Sgt_Jakeman.

I like the 2nd list too. 2 Russ will cause problems in 1000pts. However........ Yes there is always a "however"
    As it stands the only gun you've got in your army that can take down a Terminator is a Plasma Pistol. I think you really need to do something about this. Any 'Nid Monstrous Creatures or Heavy Infantry like Terminators or Obliterators will walk through you at the moment.
    To be Ruthless (and Second Valkus) I'd ditch the Commi Lord all together. He's nice but he's a 10th of your points and isn't that great. With the points you could upgrade both Leman Russ to Have Plasma Sponsons or change them to Demolishers. You could give the Veterans or CCS some Plasma guns or what ever you want to get that AP2 punch into your list.
    I'd save the Lord 'till you reach 1500pts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

Wow, I have just completed my Grade 12 final exams that decide if I get into University or not. Damn the Queensland Core Skills Test is hard!

Alrighty, I would love to change the Russ lascannons for heavy bolters, but I sorta built them into the russes, and thats major surgery to fix that. I agree with dropping the Commissar at 1000pts, he just looks cool to me. Thats ok, he can get demoted to a regular commissar attached to the infantry command squad. That also means that I can include my Ratlings/converted cadian snipers! Yay, pinning for all!!

Hehe, I have no spare lascannons because I also have a 1000pt Ork army, and they have 3 shiny new Kannon because my 3 spare lascannon were just lying around doing nothing... Oops. So, below is the new list!

3rd Battalion, 7th Brigade, Rencorus PDF.
    HQ
    CCS. Officer with Laspistol and Power Sword. Veteran with Medi-Pack. Krak Grenades. 65pts.
    Elites
    4 Ratlings. 40pts.
    Troops
    1 Platoon.
    • 1 Platoon Command Squad. Heavy Weapon Team with Missile Launcher, Commissar. 80pts.
    Fast Attack
    Heavy Support
    Leman Russ Battle Tank Squadron Tango-493. Leman Russ with Lascannon. 165pts.

Father Mulcahy: Just as the Lord said to Noah, "Everything in pairs."
    Pierce Hawkeye: Of course the Lord was holding three aces at the time.

+ Reply to Thread