Cadian Mechanised/Armoured - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cadian Mechanised/Armoured

Hi folks, this is a 1500 list i threw together in about five mins, constructive comments welcome,

HQ:

Company Command Squad;
    Chimera + Pintle
    MoO
    Lascannon
    2x nade launchers
    =175

Not too sure about this squad, suggestions welcome,

Troops:

1. Vet squad-
    3xmetla
    chimera
    carapace
    =185

2. Vet Squad-
    3xmelta
    chimera
    carapace
    =185

these two squads will be used for head to head against armour and other nasties

3. Vet Squad-
    Meltax2
    Flamer
    Chimera
    =150

4. Vet Squad-
    Meltax2
    Flamer
    Chimera
    =150

These two squads will take on normal enemy squads

5.Vet Squad-
    Lascannon
    Plasma gunx2
    lascannon
    chimera
    =175

Used to sit on objectives and hold em.

Fast Attack- None yet

Heavy Support

Leman Russ bt- lascannon-Heavy Bolter Sponsons
    Leman russ bt- lascannon- heavy bolter sponsons
    =370

Demolsher-multi melta sponsons- lascannon-dozer
    =200

Total points 1590 i could probably drop the 5th vet squad and spruce up the other chimeras woth pintle mounts.

Well there you go folks, shred away

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: I would drop the lascannon for 4xGL. This way the tank can move and fire all the passengers. MoO is very inaccurate and I have started taking MoF instead. as you are over the points limit anyway just drop the advisor.

Troops: first 4 vet squads should drop carapace and take 3 meltas. 3 plasmas is ok maybe for one squad but meltas are favourite. If you want some flamer ability then put heavy flamers on the hull of each chimera as you will be getting pritty close anyway.
    The last vet squad can loose the chimera and take cammo cloaks/snare mines and deploy in cover near a home objective. For the points though this squad could be replaced with a cheap 25 man platoon with AC/GL in the squads and GLs in the PCS. This would hold home objectives well and contribute some fire support.

Heavy: I would just take 3 standard russ with plasma sponsons. Good range and plenty of templates.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

HQ:
    LAscannon and G-Launchers are just an odd combo. G-Launchers are anti-troop/light transport. Go with 4 G-Launchers so you can stay mobile. If you stay still with Mech you tend to die.....

Ditch the Advisor and the Pintle mount on the Chimera. Those points soon add up.

TROOPS:
    Vet Squads 1&2: Do these guys really need that armour? They're safely tucked into their Chimera so wont really need that additional Armour save.

Vet Squads 3&4: Don't mix the weapons with these guys. I wouldn't put Flamers on Mech Vets, You've got a H-Flamer on your Chimera anyway so you don't need more flamer in the Vets. Go for some Plasma guns more MEQ/MC duty or some more G-Launchers for cheap long ranged hurtyness.

Vet Squad 5: Maybe Ditch their Chimera and just grab them Camo cloaks instead? How About a Swuad led by harker, 3 G-Launchers and a M-Launcher, they can infiltrate, get +1 cover save and can cause some serious grief to light vehicles and infantry. I'd move the Plasma to Squads 3&4 where these guys can get into Rapid fire range.

HEAVY:
    You can shed some serious points here.
    Lascannons on Russ are just not really worth the points. 1 BS3 Lascannon shot thats mainly there to kill infantry isn't worth it. Ditch it can keep the free H-Bolter.

Demolisher, I use these boys all the time. They're generally on the move finding their targets and i rarely find the time when these boys are sitting still using their sponsons. Ditch the sponsons, Ditch the Lascannon and get a H-Flamer and ditch the Dozer.

By ditching the M-Meltas, Lascannons and the dozer you're saving 95pts. That takes you back to 1500pts as it is.

+ Reply to Thread