1500 BA Competitive/Fun? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 BA Competitive/Fun?

Recently come back to 40k, I played casually in 4ed with Blood Angels and now I'm looking to go competitive in 5ed with my long standing angels!

Done a fair bit of reading on tactics out there, and the most popular/best list type seems to be a mech list using assault squads in Rhino's backed by Fursios, Baals, and a Dante/Corb combo. However I don't really like Rhino lists and much prefer to use Jump packs. So basically I want to create a competitive army that uses a combination of both or just straight Jump Pack infantry.

Any critique for this list or examples of new lists would be great!

200 Dante
    100 Corbulo

85 Death Company (+2 = Total 5, Jump packs)

275 Assault Squad (+5 Marines,Power Fist)
    245 Tactical Squad (+5 Marines,Lascannon,Powerfist,Meltgun)
    55 Rhino (Extra Armor)

130 Vindicator (Pintle Stormbolter)
    135 Baal Predator (Heavy Bolter Sponsoons, Pintle Stormbolter)

Blood Angels
    High Elves [Under Construction]
    Chaos Warriors [Under Construction]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by H3lljump3r View Post

200 Dante
    100 Corbulo

The standard combo.

85 Death Company (+2 = Total 5, Jump packs)

Does Dante go with these or do they roam alone? Fine either way, keep them small so they can hide.

Looks good.

245 Tactical Squad (+5 Marines,Lascannon,Powerfist,Meltgun)
    55 Rhino (Extra Armor)

If they're moving, grab a cheaper HW. The Lascannon won't be firing much.

130 Vindicator (Pintle Stormbolter)

Drop the SBolter it's useless. It already has a second gun to eat up a second Weapon Destroyed result.

135 Baal Predator (Heavy Bolter Sponsoons, Pintle Stormbolter)

Drop the Pintle for the reasons mentioned above.
    Looks okay, BA's can be really easy to beat because they rely so much on CC and have trouble protecting their units the first few turns. I'd grab some Flamers in Assault units with the points you save, you're very weak to hordes right now.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dante doesn't have to stay with the DC, and yes the DC can trail behind the Tac's Rhino so corb can control them for a bit.

Tac splits into two squads of 5, giving me two anti-tank/scoring units for the price of one.

Stormbolter on the vindicator was to eat up some spare points but ill happily use them somewhere else.

Stormbolter on the Baal is probably a good idea, being able to move 12" and fire 12 shots (because of overcharged engines when it goes off) is pretty good tho again if i can cut more points elsewhere ill be happy to drop it to gain something else.

Last but not least im almost certian Blood Angels Assualt Squads cant take flamers
    Blood Angels

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blood Angel Assault Squads cannnot take Flamers. Maybe Plasma Pistols for heavy infantry?
    A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
    Never forgive, never forget.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh no flamers does hurt : / Hopefully they get put back sometime.

Maybe Plasma Pistols for heavy infantry?
    At there current points cost there not worth it, most likely I would get one shot from each of them, and even if they popped a marine every time without fail they would only just reclaim their points.

Any BA players out there that can give me a hand with this list?
    Blood Angels

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some Ideas....

Hi--

Trying to keep the "spirit" of your army but round it out a bit.

HQ:
    Keep Dante and Corbulo (again, spirit).

ELITE:
    Death Company will be five models with jump packs.

TROOPS:
    Four five-man assault squads, each with PF sgt.

HEAVY:
    Baal Pred with heavy bolter sponsons.
    Vindicator
    Dev Squad with two Lascannons + Razorback with TL Las

You've got your HQ and a healthy-sized death company thanks to minimizing squad size and maximizing troop quantity. Your smaller squads will have a challenge to get to enemy lines, but they will be able to hide better behind terrain. You are without an "objective lurking" troop choice (i.e. tactical squad), so one assault squad may have to divert from the assault role. You've got your fun heavy support squads, and more than enough anti-tank with the added Dev Squad, which can hide in terrain OR deploy and enjoy some light protection from the razorback, which packs AT of its own. Everybody says devs suck, especially for our BA assault army (I'm with you on the jump packs brother, they rule!), but I say there is another factor to consider - each small dev squad adds a death company marine (and each DC marine has to be worth at least 40 pts if you think about what they've got), so the dev squad of OURS is actually cheaper...at least I think so.

Oh, and this all totals out to 1500 pts exactly! Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Bitwise

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

Hey,

I have played blood angels for a while, though infrequently. I'd definately agree that Plasma Pistols aren't worth their points so stay away from them. Also, how does the Baal Pred get 12 shots when moving 12 inches? Overcharged makes it fast, but that still leaves it with 1 main and all defensive weps when moving over 6 if i remember my rulebook correctly.
    To maximise troop unit numbers, split those assault squads in half, adds more units for capturing objectives etc, and makes them easier to use/hide. And since you're already getting two extra death company the points cost wont be so different. And if you drop both pintle SB you can probably afford a power fist.
    Also, the list is solid but it is also a combi Jump pack/mech list so if you want to you could push it one way or the other, overwhelm the enemies defenses in one area. Thats just for competitivesness though. As it is, half and half is pretty good. Love the Death Company, those guys are absolute monsters. I've played games where they have been rapid fired by several squads of tau fire warriors at once and then ripped them to shreds in my turn. Well worth 35 points, more so than assault terminators.

+ Reply to Thread