1000/1500 bike and drop list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x3)

1000/1500 bike and drop list

Alright. I've come up with a solid theme and color scheme for my marine army.

My DIY chapter (Azure Angels) are decended from the White scars. They are bike/drop oriented, being that they have a strange affinity for the sky and speed.

1000 points:

HQ
    (counts-as) Kor'sarro Khan, Moondrakken, 205 points.

Troops
    10 marines, sergeant with powerfist, plasma cannon, melta, Drop pod, deathwind missiles, 260
    5 bikers, sergent with powerfist, melta, attack bike with multi-melta, Khan here, 215
    5 bikers, sergeant with powerfist, flamer, attack bike with heavy bolter, 200

Fast Attack
    Land speeder, heavy flamer and multi melta, 60

Total: 1000.

1500 points:

HQ

Elites
    5 (deep striking) terminators, sergent with power weapon, 200
    Dreadnought, assault cannon, dread CCW, drop pod, 150

Troops
    10 marines, sergeant with powerfist, plasma cannon, melta, Drop pod, deathwind missiles, 260
    5 bikers, sergent with powerfist, melta, attack bike with multi-melta, Khan here, 215
    5 bikers, sergeant with power weapon, flamer, 150

Fast Attack

Total: 1500

How dare you speak out against LO! I shall beat you with a giant inflatable duck and then ban you to the lowest level of hell! ~Karmoon
    My recruitment link!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of Bikers, good for the speed. Maybe switch the Drop Pod of the Tactical Squad for a Rhino unless you don't plan on moving them once they have arrived. Land Speeders are rather fragile.

I like Dreadnoughts, but it may be at odds with your background. You've kitted it for combat, so it needs to get close, but at 6' a turn it will get left behind if facing a mobile enemy such as Eldar.
    A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
    Never forgive, never forget.

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Hemogoblin View Post
    HQ

Hopefully he has his own fluff for functioning the same as the leader of his parent Chapter. ;]

Troops

I'd say no on the Deathwinds. They can't shoot the turn they come in and if your opponent decides they scare him, easily killed. For a Drop unit, I'd take a free HW, they won't always live long enough to use it.

Looks good. Very specific jobs and they both have PFs. Effective.

Fast Attack

A bit mix matched but still very very VERY worth their points.

1500 points:

HQ

Good.

Elites
    5 (deep striking) terminators, sergent with power weapon, 200
    Dreadnought, assault cannon, dread CCW, drop pod, 150

DS Termies like ACs or Missile Launchers. Firing SBs on the turn you drop, unimpressive. I;d ditch the Dread, they don't shine except in HEAVY Pod lists, and yours isn't heavy.

Troops

Same comment as above.

5 bikers, sergeant with power weapon, flamer, 150

Your last unit feels like an afterthought. I'd run it with a Melta, it's a smaller unit so just rove and hunt armor.

Fast Attack

A 3rd of these would be much better than a Dreadnought.
    Cool theme. I'd drop the Dread so you only have 1 Pod and pick up another Speeder. A really cool fluffy unit would be Scouts in a Land Speeder Storm. Now that's a good trial by fire for your Chapter.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

+ Reply to Thread