1000 Point Grey Knight Force - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 Point Grey Knight Force

Would just like to pitch this 1000pt Grey Knight armylist. Constructive comments welcome.

==HQ==

Captain and Retuine Squad (270)
    BroCpt 61
    Hammerhand 10
    4x Termiators 184
    Incinerator 15
    (Deep strike this squad or just run them up the field to get to assault asap, targeting the heavier units first)

==TROOPS==

Grey Knight Ranged Support Sqd (250)
    Justicar 50
    6x Grey Knights 150
    2x Psycannon 50
    (use these guys to sit on back objectives and lay down support fire, aiming at the ligher units for crowd control)

Grey Knight Assault Sqd (220)
    Justicar 50
    6x Grey Knights 150
    2x Incinerator 20
    (possibly drop an Incinerator or even both to gear the Dreadnoughts with extra armor/smoke or hunter-killer missile)

==Heavy==

Dreadnouht One (140)
    Dreadnought 80
    Twin Lascannon 50
    Missile Launcher 10
    (main anti-tank. take out the heaviest enemy armor first and the other dread and even assault squads can deal with the lighter vehicles. keeping in mind at 100 points there probably wont be more then one heavy tank on the opposing army)

Dreadnought Two (120)
    Dreadnought 80
    Plasma Cannon 40
    (heavy troop/light vehicle croud control. keeping both the dreads on the back line hopefully will mean they wont be magnets for enemy fire)

==Total = 1000 Points==

I know the army is very small in terms of numbers but im hoping conservative/defensive tactics along with decent fire power will be enough to win some games.

Also considering that each unit is close to equal threat to the ememy it will be up to them to where they conserntrate fire, if they get it wrong or if they try to spread out their attack i will be able to devistate them with another squad.

What is everyones thoughts on this roster?

Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel I must offer congratulations on your getting a working 1000pts Grey Knight list that includes Terminators.

However, your Dreadnought with Lascannon is the only anti-armour ranged weapon that you have, and as you have said the numbers are quite small. Problem with Grey Knight points, being so expensive. The list could work fine as is, or perhaps make both Dreadnoughts anti-armour.
    A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.
    Never forgive, never forget.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah its a very tight list.

I think I might put the missile launcher on the other dreadnought to give both dreads a decent anti-tank capability. This way if the lascannon dread is targeted by assault units he will have a fighting chance.

This will also enforce the idea that every unit it a big threat. If I loose 1 anti-tank dread ill have a back-up, but if the enemy isnt using heavy vehicles the plasma cannon will be just as handy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My changes would be:

Psycannons only on Terminators (as they can move with it)
    Both GK squads with Incinerators, they should keep mobility with their storm bolters and their S6 cc-attack.
    TLLC and ML for both Dreads
    Loose Hammerhand, it sucks horrible

Tactics:

GKs moving around threatening everything within 24" with mass bolter fire, against units weak in cc they can move into Incinerator range and assault them thereafter.

Terminators can deep-strike behind enemy's army, hitting tanks/transports with their Psycannons in the rear armour

Dreads stay in the back firing their heavy weapons on tanks

I think that is the most common GK list I know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Instead of hammer hands on the BC give a member of the retinue a TH/SS it is a free up grade and that why you have 10 more points to play with.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe all GK can shoot their psycannons and move, it's just 18" instead of 36" if they choose to and it switches to assault and not heavy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

Please check dates on the threads before you post. This died on September 7th of 2009. It's now 7 months later.
    5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0

+ Reply to Thread