1750pt Space Wolves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

1750pt Space Wolves

I read the new codex today at GW and decided I wanted to make a list with it.

HQ: 323pts
    Wolf Lord w/ Frost Blade, Bolt Pistol, Frag and Krak grenades, Wolf Tooth Talisman, Belt of Russ, 1 Wolf: 163pts

Rune Priest w/ +1 Power per turn, Combi-melta: 160pts

Elites: 589pts
    Ven Dread w/ Heavy Flamer, Assault Cannon, Dread CCW: 175pts

8 Wolf Guard: 5 w/ Terminator Armour, 3 w/ PF, SB, 1 w/ PW, SB, 1 w/ Cyclone ML, PW, 3 PA w/ 2 TH/BP and 1 PF/CCW: 369pts

Troops:465
    10 GH w/ 2 Meltas, 1 PW: 170pts
    Rhino: 35pts

8 BC w/ 1 PF, Flamer: 145pts

10 GH w/ Flamer, PW: 165pts

Heavy Support: 365pts
    5 Long Fangs w/ 4 MLs: 115pts

Land Raider Redeemer w/ MM: 250pts

Total: 1747pts
    Scoring Units: 3
    Vehicles: 3
    KP: 10
    Models: 45

Two of the WG will enter the GH and BC units as pack leaders. The Cyclone ML can potentially join the Long Fangs unit to add to their fire support if I so choose and then it can help soak up any S8 hits and it gives the unit 6 ML shots to throw around. The priest will join the BCs with the WL in the Redeemer.

Note that the reason why the second unit of 10 GH only has a flamer is because the only special weapons I have right now are 2 flamers and 2 flamers that I converted to meltaguns. I think I might cut up an old LS MM to make a pair of meltaguns and then dole them out. Give one to the second GH unit as its free weapon.

Last edited by Phalanx; September 9th, 2009 at 04:12.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Ok, its really hard to ctritique a list in any way when the codex hasnt been released yet, so Im going to guess this is more of a promotional thing in order to show forum goers how the new codex should work, I hasve one question for you. How did you get the codex to test, you said something about GW, how can I get sneak peaks at codices like this!!!
    Ask me about the Black and White Space Marine on the Black and White Bike!!!

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

Ummmm... Plenty of GW stores already have preveiw copies of them in. All I had to do to read it was go to my local GW and pick it up off the table where they always have preview copies of whatever all GW stores are previewing at the time. If yours doesn't have a preview copy yet perhaps its just taking a while. I know a lot of GW stores have them by now. From what I hear a lot of them got them in last week though they only started letting people see them yesterday (and I read the one at my local GW for a couple of hours today).

Honestly I was just figuring that most people are caught up on the rumors or have read the preview copies or barring that for the most part there's not a lot of special rules that things don't have now. The main differences with what I have from the new codex and the current ones are that GH comes with Bolter, BP, CCW and that Rune Priests are completely different from before and are probably one of the more powerful models in the game now (which is a big improvement over being not that great at all).
    Last edited by Phalanx; September 9th, 2009 at 04:23.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HAHA i have easy access to one... i work at a place that is a independent stockists. and we have a display one (saying that i haven't looked yet, and won't be able to until i go to work on thursday )
    those troops look pretty cheap, i think i will get a Space Wolves army (mainly because i can get the stuff cheapish...GW stuff is never that cheap....even from somewhere that sells at a discount....)and the models look really cool... the one on the wolf, and the one in term armour with the wolf over his head, and the raven on his shoulder is immense (although i wouldn't know how to paint it....)

I guess you can use Drop pods? i reckon a space wolves drop pod would look pretty good and a Dread... (AH or a Dread in a drop pod )

+ Reply to Thread