First Crack at 750 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First Crack at 750

Recently inherited a bunch of guard mini's from a relative, so here's my first crack at a 750 list! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CCS..............75
    3xSniper
    Autocannon

Primaris.......70

PBS.............80
    2xPsykers

Veterans.....95
    3xGL
    Autocannon

Veterans.......95
    3xGL
    Autocannon

LR Battle Tank.....170
    HB Sponsons

LR Battle Tank......170
    HB Sponsons

Total: 745

Admittedly light on anti-tank stuff, but I really don't see a ton of really heavy armor lists; monoliths being the most common, but tactically I generally ignore them anyway! So I think that's ok for this point total.

I'm working on swappable gun barrels for the LR's; demolishers for obliterator/terminator heavy lists, pask+punisher for daemon prince/greater demon type lists.

Advice on expanding to 1000?
    I have models to add a basilisk, 3 sentinels, a decent marbo stand-in (last chancer...I think "shiv?"), a platoon, toooons of storm troopers ( that everyone seems down on! haha), some commissars; what do y'all think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: You can't have an autocannon and 3 snipers as the heavy weapon is a 2 man unit. I would drop the AC and get a standard to keep the surounding guardmen from running away. Psyker is fine but I would leave him out until 1000 points or more. 2xHQs is a bit much at 750 points.

Elites: Not bad but vulnerable. Usually they get a chimera (points from the HQ Psyker) to keep them alive.

Troops: Good squads but a bit light on troops. 20 guardsmen are rather easy to kill especially as in objective missions the enemy will be gunning for them to guarantee at least a draw. In a larger list definatly add a 25 man platoon before doing anything else.

Heavy: Good. 2 battle cannon and some autocannon should be able to deal with all the tanks you are likely to meet at this points level. I recomend plasma sponsons over HBs if you can squeeze the points from somwhere.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

HQ:
    If your CCS will be Staying put I'd take a HEavy Weapon but skip on the Special weapons. You don;t want to make this unit to much of a target otherwise it won't live past turn 1. If you want a mobile HQ i'd grab 4 G-Launchers to pepper some units with Blast or str 6 shots.
    Sniper Rifles just aren't that good. Pinning hardly ever happens and neither does Rending.

Loose the Primaris 'till you reach 1000pts. Use the points to get more bodies.

ELITES:
    Nasty but without a Transport they'll just be blasted to death by small arms fire. Get them a Chimera or save them till you get to 1000pts

TROOPS:
    Like the Cat said 20 blokes wont be around for long. A 3rd Squad would be handy. I'd also think about grabbing some Plasma guns or something. You never know you might be up against something with a 2+ save.

HEAVY:
    Good. A good combo is a Leman Russ with Plasma Sponsons which can blast anything at range and cause some real pain to almost anything going. Pair this guy with a Demolisher with just a Hull H-Flamer for some up close brutality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

If you have alot of storm trooper models, you could add 10 man Inquisitorial Stormtrooper squads, they are cheap plasma carriers that can score objectives. You can find their rules in the Inquisition codi, but if you have the 4th edition codex from your relative, the stormtroopers in that book are almost identical
    "Thank him who puts me loath to this revenge on you who wrong me not for him who wrongd"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a lot guys!

Really sound advice, all around. I'm bumping up to 1000 here, so I'll re-work the list with these tips in mind!

+ Reply to Thread